81st Friend

Anonymous Friend (친구) - Advice Column

 

A: Firstly, I would like to say thank you for existing. You must be a good person in real life because my inkling tells me so :)

  I envy you because you are good in giving people advices. People keep on asking me advices and I do give them what they want to HEAR. Yes, you can say that most of my life, I spent it by pleasing other's heart and not myself. I do not know why I am tormenting myself like this. Once, I did try to kill myself but I failed. I couldn't do it.
  I don't want to live like this any longer. It hurts me knowing the fact that I am living like a robot and not like a normal human. Does that even make sense? I do not know anymore. It hurts me that the people who used to seek advices from me are now happy as . Why can't I have their smile?
  My family wouldn't give a about me. We do not have the so-called 'family love'. We do our own things. My parents work, work and work because that is the only thing they know. Of course, I am not dumb. I know they are working for the sake of us but what the , I need some attention too! Is it funny or what that they only pay their attention at me during my result slip comes out. WHAT THE ACTUAL is that? Am I a ing robot?
  I do not want to go berserk over these things actually, but, I need to let it out. I do not have anyone to depend on. My friends? Hahaha, the jokes on me. I treated them like some kind of jewel and guess what do I get? Their bad mouth. THEIR ING BAD MOUTH. They isolate me too. I really need a friend that could throw me some good advices - no, I need a friend that could lend me their ears. This world is too big for me to handle on my own.
  I'm sorry for being ignorant at here. But I couldn't bear it any longer. I need some advice and please knock some sense into me. I need it. Thank you in advance :)

Friend: Dear A,

First off, if you watch the series “Pretty Little Liars”, your name really threw me off for a second LOL jkjk. We all go through ha time where we believe that all the good we do goes unnoticed and we end up getting tossed aside like a used tissue. Don’t worry A, sometimes it just takes people a little time to realize how much of a jewel you really are ;]

There’s no reason to envy me A, you and I are both simple human beings living by each and every day. I am no better than you are. Just because your way of giving people advice is different from mine, doesn’t make one better than the other(:

I don’t know how many times I have said this but I will continue to shout it to the heavens until it ceases – do not ever end your own life A. No matter how bad it may seem, no matter how dark a place or situation might be, under no circumstances should a person’s life be cut shorter than it needs to be lived. You were brought into this world for a reason – whether it be a small or big role, every individual is important. I know where we come at a point in our lives where we think that nothing can get better, ending my life will be easy, no one will care, etc. But let me tell you to STOP. If you think that death is an easy escape then boy are you wrong A. Just by escaping life, you aren’t only leaving behind all the bad but you’re abandoning so much of the joy that life has yet to offer. Things may seem rough but it doesn’t forever stay that way.

Everyone has different situations A, you cannot possibly expect to have the exact same life as one of your friends no matter how vivid it may seem. There are a ton of kids whose parents know only how to work and pay no heed to their kid’s lives. So many parents end up regretting their choice to do that because they end up missing their child’s childhood and there’s no way of getting back time once it has passed. Try to talk with your parents and reconnect with them. If you’re in a concert, tell them and see if they have work on that date or not(: Offer to go out and eat together to try and have some small chit-chat. Let your parents know what’s going on in your life and open up. By this I don’t mean by bombarding them with your past weeks dramas all in one meal, just something small like, “My teacher recommends me to go to an AP class next year” can be all it takes to get their praise and attention(:

Sometimes friends don’t always realize a good friend when they have one. Our society is weird like that, where the sweetest girls go for the biggest jerks and the nicest people get treated like dirt. Be patient A. The time will come when someone just as caring and generous as you will come along and you two can lean on one another(: If you have that one friend that is still by your side after all of this, try and keep him/her close by(: Don’t cling on to them for dear life, but try and show them that they mean something to you.

So sorry I couldn’t get to your letter earlier A >_< Please send my thanks to your inkling who put in such a good word of me(: Hope you had a safe Christmas and have a Happy New Year(:

~(Chingu) 친구