Awkward~ : Part 1 (MongMin)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

The IZ*ONE members had their own reaction as two aesthetically beautiful members were up front to share their sentiments as a segment for the anniversary VLive. One wearing a red-striped top chose the other who was wearing a blue loose top and called her, holding both hands and staying still for a long time.


“Awkward~” Yujin cooed.


“She’s going to say such things~” Eunbi joined in. “And here we thought you’d choose me, Kwangbae.”


Hyewon shushed them and faced the fellow visual in front of her. The latter couldn’t look her in the eye as much as Hyewon couldn’t look her in the eye.


“Min…I…” Hyewon began. “…I loved it when we share each other’s clothes.”


Minju chuckled as Hyewon spoke further, especially at a time where they don’t ask each other’s permissions when sharing clothes. Minju thought there was more when Hyewon hugged her again and lets her go.


“That’s it?” The frog asked. “Is it the end? Should it even end like that?”


“That’s it.” Hyewon waved back as she returned to her seat.


The other members cheered and chuckled, leaving a flustered yet chuckling Minju to return to her seat and continue the livestream. 


We’ll talk later.


Minju nodded as Hyewon mouthed those words. She looked away again to focus on the live yet her smile wasn’t hiding it.


But they had to…for now…


+++


Another VLive comes another moment for Hyewon and Minju. The awkward teasing hasn’t faded, especially in this game of arm strength. They got to the table to compete, with Hyewon shaking her arm as a warm-up.


“If Unnie here is Gear Second, then I’m Gomu Gomu,” said Minju, reaching to hold her hand.


“Come on. Hold hands like a couple.” Yujin spoke. “Let’s go on with the main game~”


“Don’t mention that again.” Minju spoke and got her hat. “I need cap strength.”


“And I need glasses strength,” said Hyewon as Yena gave them to her.


“There’s no strength in these glasses.” Yena pouted.


Hyewon shushes her and wore the glasses. With the ‘strengths’ by their faces, Hyewon and Minju were ready. Yujin did the honors of starting the game and witnessed with the rest of the members. The fight was short-lived, however, as Hyewon flawlessly defeated Minju with one false swoop of her arm. The members cheered as Minju was shocked. “Wah…she’s stronger than Chaewon-unnie.”


“It’s because of the glasses strength.” Hyewon pumped as fist as Yena hugged her for their team’s success.


The game resumed with the other members. Hyewon and Minju were at the back and Minju slowly inched to hold Hyewon’s hand. Hyewon returned with a soothing caress; a sign that she was sorry if ever she was too rough within their game.


Minju may be flushed but she smiled lightly. It would’ve been a nice sight for the fans who thought tragically about them but all of that had to be kept for now.


+++


If there was a penny for IZ*ONE to have VLives, then it would be a drifting fight between being rich or poor; it would be rich because of the views yet poor because of the less chances of replays. Nonetheless, it was the dongsaeng line’s time to shine as they were featured in making chocolate treats, putting them in bags, and giving them to the unnies.


In Minju’s case, she chose Hyewon.


“Let us end with Hyewon-unnie~” Yujin called and the members applauded.


She exposed herself to the live and Minju shyly gave her the yellow bag of treats. Her smile was wide yet to the eyes of the members, it was an awkward smile. However, Hyewon thought of it as a sincere gesture.


After all, Minju gave it to her.


“Tell us how you feel,” said Yujin.


The dongsaeng line was waiting and Minju gave a quick expression that she should make the words quick. For Hyewon, she was going to be honest about this.


“It’s been a while since my heart fluttered…”


Yujin bursts out her laughter first and the others followed. Hyewon scratcher her head and Minju was feeling embarrassed.


“Give it back.” Minju reached for the bag.


“No~” Hyewon turned around and got the bag close to herself. “And why would you want it back? You already gave it to me.”


Minju was at a loss for her heart went soft. Hyewon hugged Minju and the latter hugged back, saying. “Enjoy eating them, unnie.”


“Thank you.” Hyewon grinned and rummaged her hand inside.


It was then that Yujin called the unnies back and they gathered around, with the dongsaeng line giving more treats to their chosen unnies. Hyewon and Minju stayed at the back and looked at their sisters.


“Here.” Hyewon picked the biggest piece, giving it to Minju. 


It was a bar of chocolate that had cream inside. Minju’s face was flushed yet she accepted it. “T-Thank you, unnie…”


Hyewon grinned and returned to eat another piece of chocolate. Minju was usuall awkward with Hyewon at the time of work yet she couldn’t help but look at Hyewon eat food that she doesn’t usually eat. Hyewon didn’t each chocolate much but here she was, almost emptying the bag. 


“These are delicious.” Hyewon spoke through a slightly stuffed mouth. 


“Says the girl who doesn’t like chocolate that much.” Minju spoke, gaze still averted


“Hey. I ate a piece of chocolate for you once.”


Minju smiled lightly about that moment. She looked at Hyewon eat again and felt whole because her gift was appreciated. Nonetheless, she ate the piece Hyewon gave and enjoyed this secret moment with her.


+++


It was Minju’s first birthday with IZ*ONE and of course, a VLive is a must. For now, they were done singing the Happy Birthday song and were in the middle of giving messages to Minju. 


“Aigoo, we have the touching moment breaker~” Yujin chanted.


“Bruh~ touching moment breaker~” Yena joined in and the others had a laugh.


Hyewon huffed yet she sat on Minju’s lap, hugging her. “Just so you know, I stuck Minju’s letter on my room’s wall and I love her more than I think.”


“What do you mean more than I think?” Eunbi asked with a chuckle.


It was a huge awkward moment that ended in laughter. Hyewon embraced the feeling while she puts on Minju’s HAPPY BIRTHDAY hat. “Happy birthday, Min.”


“Thank you, unnie.”


Minju’s face gleamed yet Hyewon was silent for a while, making the members wonder.


“Uhh…you look prettier. You’re pretty all the time. Really…” Hyewon spoke, adding a chuckle. “I love you.”


She immediately stood and got to her spot. The rest of the members had their turns and Minju appreciated every single one.


But out of the 12, Hyewon’s was a memorabilia down her book of significance.


+++


It was Hyewon’s first birthday with IZ*ONE and of course, a VLive is a must. For now, they were done singing the Happy Birthday song and were in the middle of giving messages to Hyewon. 


Minju had a different approach as she knelt in front of her. The members chanted and cooed because Minju looked like she was asking Hyewon to marry her.


Maybe it was saved in her thoughts.


“You’re the last, Minju-ya~” Eunbi chanted. “You’re even sitting on your knees~”


“I know, unnie.” Minju chuckled before she faced Hyewon. “Unnie, thank you for everything. You always say nice things to me, give me bites of your food, and you always share interests with me.”


Hyewon wasn’t the type to be flattered yet this moment hit her. The members had their reactions like watching an awkward rom-com, even Yujin was laughing while having a bite of cake. 


“We really click, unnie.”


The members reacted. Hyewon ended up laughing and looking away, trying to hide her blush and smile.


It looked awkward for most of them yet Minju saw Hyewon’s sincerity. Even if they interact without looking directly at each other, even if the members tease them a lot, and even if the fans say that they were tragic, they showed a lot of sincerity.


At the back of their minds, they wonder if they’ll finally have the guts to show it.


+++


Tonight was a silent night. Minju had a room to herself and would’ve snored to dreamland with the rest of the members. Yet even if she was alone, she was always the last to sleep.


The reason was a sleepy member coming inside.


“Come here.” Minju lets her in and closed the door behind her. “You waited for them to sleep?”


“Yeah. I had to stay in the living room and checked their rooms if they were asleep.”


Minju pulled the latter to lie down with her, smiling as she got a cuddle back. 


“Kwangbae, you big baby.” Minju spoke as she caressed her face.


“You’re the big baby, not me…” Hyewon mumbled as she was asleep.


Minju agreed to it. Nonetheless, she turns off the lamp and joined her in slumber.


It may be awkward with the others but all of that was gone when it was just the two of them. It was better that way because they wanted to express it at the right time. Minju was dedicated to it. Hyewon just followed whatever she wanted to do.


For now, it was not an awkward time for cuddles and sleep.