Reunited: Part 3 (KkuChaen ft. OT10)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

It was a month since the reunion but for the friends of twelve, it was a wonderful time of closure, happiness, and reconnections. It was also a time of newly formed love and the strengthening of an old one.


Yena and Yuri finally got to go on another honeymoon. Chaewon and Minju frequently had modelling gigs and y times. Nako and Hitomi competed in another dancing competition. Yujin and Wonyoung had more vlogs to post – even creating a new channel together. Eunbi and Hyewon became the most savage and most profound professors in their alma mater; a power couple with brain and brawn.


Sakura and Chaeyeon? They ended up developing their relationship from scratch thanks to doctor’s appointments turned into therapy and possibly, lovey-dovey times.


“We’ll reduce the sedatives. Make sure to practice this body clock for a month then you can return so we can check the progress.”


“Okay, doctor.” Chaeyeon nodded.


It was then that the doctor stood up to flip the sign, closed the blinds of her office’s door and windows, and drew her attention to her patient. She ended up straddling her and cupped her face, showing her droopy eyes beyond her calm smile.


Chaeyeon may be a multi-millionaire but her health became a price to that success. She ended up having sleepless nights, overworking schedules, and only having one body to juggle both. Fate had a way of intervening by going to therapy for the first time and to have a cherry blossom as a doctor.


“I’m worried about you.” Sakura voiced out, her professional persona gone in an instant. 


“You always worry.” Chaeyeon held Sakura’s hand that was on her face. 


Sakura hugged her close and Chaeyeon always welcomed her in her arms. It was these little notions of love that brought them closer together. They never tend to rush it as long as they stay for a long time.


“I’ll sleep at your place from now on. I will monitor you and do procedures to calm your nerves.”


“I’d love that. The apartment’s very lonely.” Chaeyeon spoke then checked the time. “We need to return to our work.”


Sakura nodded and stood up. Chaeyeon followed suit as she bowed at her. “Thank you for this session, Dr. Miyawaki.”


Sakura chuckled and reached to kiss Chaeyeon’s lips. Chaeyeon was shocked at first but she slowly kissed back. 


“See you later. I love you.”


“I love you too.” Chaeyeon spoke before she left.


+++


“I’ve never seen you this happy.”


Chaeyeon looked at her fellows of their sister companies, Jeon Somi and Lee Daehwi, and maintained the smiles despite Somi’s words. “Nothing. I went to therapy for my insomnia.”


“That’s great! Finally, you heed my warnings.” Daehwi spoke. “So we’re settled with the meeting tomorrow?”


“Yes but we must finish within the time.” Chaeyeon spoke. “I need to be home for special therapy by six.”


Daehwi and Somi agreed and they decided to go home. Chaeyeon got to her car and drove to the hospital. She parked by her favorite spot and looked outside for her girl.


Her very special girl.


Chaeyeon hopped off and went closer to the woman. She noticed that she had a sad look. She got closer and used her fingers to construct her smile.


“Jjaeyeon~” Sakura smiled on her own and hugged her.


Chaeyeon hugged her back and swayed her like a teddy bear. Nonetheless, they got to the car and Chaeyeon drove them to her apartment.


Sakura had gone to Chaeyeon’s apartment once so she had some stuff there, hence to why they went there immediately. She was reminded of the very large yet very empty space. Even if it had the finest marble floorings, the largest collection of books, and the cleanest rooms, it was still dull due to emptiness.


She had a look towards the latter. What could’ve Chaeyeon faced throughout the times that they weren’t together? One month wasn’t enough to answer everything that so she would always ask herself.


They got inside the apartment and Chaeyeon decided to cook their dinner. Sakura stopped her, saying. “Just heat up yesterday’s lunch.”


“But you need a decent meal after working.” Chaeyeon said. “I won’t be long.”


Sakura lets her do the task. Chaeyeon cooked up some pasta and bruschetta in her business attire but nevertheless, she made Sakura wow of the dishes. She retrieved side dishes, two pieces of cake, and a pitcher of iced tea on their table. Sakura did the honors of getting the utensils and they eat by the counter.


“Delicious…” Sakura was giddy as she slurped some pasta.


Chaeyeon smiled her thanks as she bit a bruschetta. The dinner was filled with talks until they ate all the food. Chaeyeon did the honors of cleaning up when Sakura stopped her again.


“Come on, love. I can do this.”


“I know…but you need to rest now.” Sakura went to cup Chaeyeon’s face. “Your eyes are droopy again. I’ll clean up, okay?”


Chaeyeon’s heart said otherwise but her body agreed with Sakura. Work got really tiresome and she came home early because of this. To be with Sakura was another.


“Come on.” Sakura hugged her, hands easing her shoulders. “Wash, change clothes, brush your teeth, and rest ahead. I’ll catch up.”


Chaeyeon didn’t bat and did everything Sakura said. Sakura thought Chaeyeon was a very good girl that she promised to sleep beside her if she does them quickly. In less than an hour, Chaeyeon was already in the bedroom. Sakura did the cleaning, had her fair share of doing what Chaeyeon did, and finally got to the bedroom.


“You’re still awake?” Sakura sighed and got to the bed.


“I tried, love…but I couldn’t.”


Sakura lays down on one side and instantly pulled Chaeyeon in her embrace. Chaeyeon felt warm and relaxed; feelings that she never had until Sakura finally came into the picture.


“This is nice…” Chaeyeon mumbled through Sakura’s hold. “Never felt peaceful before…”


“Why, love?” Sakura asked, looking at her with big yet teary eyes. “Are some thoughts bothering you?”


“There’s one.” Chaeyeon spoke. “I know it’s in the past but ever since I said those mean words to you and that we never talked, I felt bad. I was mad for being jealous and I…” She hugged Sakura tighter. “…I was filled with regret. I did all that I could to move on but this insomnia became my reward.”


Sakura wanted to cry. She had that fair share too but she was strong. She didn’t succumb into regret but she always put in mind that she made the mistake and must atone for it when the time came. It did thanks to the reunion. Then again, seeing Chaeyeon like that for so long made her hug the latter tighter, adding a kiss on the forehead.


“It’s okay, now…” Sakura whispered. “I’m here. We’ve talked it out and all was forgiven. We’re together now and that’s what matters.”


Chaeyeon nodded through the hug and mumbled her apologies. Sakura didn’t bat but she just hugged her and patted her head.


“I love you. I always do.” Sakura spoke. “We’ll get through this slowly but surely. We’ll get through this together.”


Chaeyeon nodded before whispering. “I love you too. I always have and always will.”


And for the first time in her life, Chaeyeon slept early and peacefully. Sakura loved that look on her face that she rubbed little circles on her cheeks, earning a smile.


“You’re having good dreams…” Sakura whispered. “I hope I’m in them…”


“Kkura…” Chaeyeon mumbled in her sleep, smile still present.


And Sakura did cry. Her fate of being a psychiatrist had a purpose and it was to be the beacon for her true love. She herself gained peace thanks to Chaeyeon and she swore to herself that no matter what happens, they’ll be together forever.


Sakura tears were dried because of the pillow and she slowly joined Chaeyeon in slumber, awaiting another day of being each other’s beacon and blossoming their relationship thanks to being reunited.