Savage Love (KkuChaen)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

“My love for you is like diarrhea. I can’t hold it in.”


Now, a chunk of food couldn’t hold itself in as the owner almost spits it. She was close to being frustrated yet the latter got some tissue and wiped .


“Lucky for you, Sakura. Other than that and I could spit my food in front of you.”


“Please don’t do that, Chaeyeon.” Sakura squealed, covering her face. “I’ll faint because of your undying beauty.”


Sakura looked at Chaeyeon with gleaming eyes but the latter didn’t react as she continued chewing her salad like a llama.


The school bell rang and Chaeyeon had to finish her meal quickly. Sakura was a step ahead of her as she offered to clean up Chaeyeon’s mess. Chaeyeon did it herself and went ahead, leaving Sakura on her tail.


It had been like that for God knows how long. When Chaeyeon got to their school on the first day, Sakura became the social butterfly and made friends with her. From the morning comes to school till the night Chaeyeon goes home, Sakura was by her side, most of the times on her tail. To the least, she’s always on her side.


Chaeyeon wouldn’t fall for that, especially when Sakura was known for being a flirt.


“Sakura.” Chaeyeon turned around as Sakura stopped.


It took a while for either of them to reply. Their eyes met and their hearts pumped. Chaeyeon had the upper hand and spoke. “Do you have anything to do aside from following me?”


“No~” Sakura cooed and wrapped an arm around Chaeyeon. “Now lets go to our class.”


Chaeyeon had no time to let go as Sakura got a hold on her and they walked (sort of dragged) each other.


+++


Another day came and Chaeyeon came to school earlier than her usual time. For once, she wanted some peace and quiet so she did her usual routines earlier, hoping that Sakura won’t bother her on the first moments of her morning.


As she closed her locker, alas. Sakura greeted, almost taking the soul off of Chaeyeon. 


“For a moment, I thought I would have my peace and quiet for once.” Chaeyeon spoke. “How are you even early?”


“Time is gold…and you’re my gold, Chaeyeon.” Sakura winked.


“You can’t even wink.” Chaeyeon mumbled and went ahead.


Sakura followed, causing Chaeyeon to rub her temples. Sakura got behind her and rubbed her head, causing mysterious heartstrings.


“Sakura, why do you always bother to be with me?”


“Because I like to be with you.” Sakura answered.


“You’ve said that to other girls, didn’t you?”


“On a occasion but it’s different with you.”


They arrived at their classroom and got to their desks. Sakura puts her bag on her seat then sat next to Chaeyeon. 


“Really?” Chaeyeon continued their discussion. “How can it be different?”


Sakura sighed, mumbling. “I wanted to say this later but with your impatience, might as well say it now.”


Sakura reached to cup Chaeyeon’s cheek and the heart-wrenching staring contest came again. Chaeyeon wanted to avert but Sakura’s hold and her mysterious feelings took over.


“Please go on a date with me.”


There goes a heartbeat, Chaeyeon thought. Sakura’s notions were mostly annoying but a part of her heart wouldn’t mind. Nonetheless, she spared her answer – 


“What are you doing on my seat, Sakura?”


Chaeyeon drove Sakura’s hand off, leaving the flatter to wave at her friends while returning to her seat. The rightful owner sat next to Chaeyeon, asking. “Did she bother you again?”


“She did, Yena…but don’t worry about it.”


The bell rang and the students got to their seats, signaling the start of another class.


+++


Chaeyeon and her friends (mostly her friends) had their eyes as Sakura ate her sandwich and was next to Chaeyeon. They knew her for flirt and not for being close to Chaeyeon. Her presence wasn’t a damn for them but knowing she targeted Chaeyeon, they were mostly protective.


Sakura handed Chaeyeon her spare sandwich when a friend grabbed and ate it instead.


“Hyewon~” Chaeyeon whined. “What was that for?”


“I don’t trust her plus I loved the sandwich.” Hyewon spoke through chews.


“Hey. What’s your business on our Chaeyeon, huh?” Yena pointed a fork at her. “If you mess with her, I swear to God – “


“I won’t. I’m serious about her.” Sakura looked at Chaeyeon. “I want her to take her out on a date.”
Hyewon and Yena looked at each other before laughing. Sakura was oblivious while Chaeyeon rubbed her temples then ate her meal in one go. 


“No way she’s accepting that.” Yena pointed out before laughing again.


“Thank you for the meal.” Chaeyeon mumbled as she left the table.


Sakura followed Chaeyeon as Hyewon and Yena kept laughing. Sakura stole her tray and put it on the proper area. She returned with a wet wipe and wiped Chaeyeon’s hand then her own.


“It’s still a no, Sakura.” Chaeyeon spoke before going ahead.


Sakura pouted but followed her nonetheless.


+++


Chaeyeon always had the knack to walk home. Even if she had the right to take the bus, she always realized that walking home saves her health and money. It could also save her from insanity in carrying the weight of her studies like an unsung heroine.


But as she got to her school, it was never the case anymore, all thanks to a cherry blossom.
Chaeyeon would stop and the latter joined her. She walked again and the latter still joined her. It was a matter of steps and breaths that kept the air noisy that Chaeyeon got to her home. She faced Sakura maintaining that smile.


That stupid smile.


“I got home now. You should go to yours too.”


“Yes…but before that…” Sakura inched closer. “Letters start with ABC. Numbers start with 123. Music starts with DoReMi…can love start with you and me?”


“I’m going in.” Chaeyeon mumbled as she opens the gate. “Good night, Sakura.”


Sakura wanted her to wait when the gate was shut in front of her. Sakura whispered her good night and went home dejectedly.


Most people saw her as a flirt. She would charm girls whenever she wanted to but she never serious with any of them. But when Chaeyeon came to their school, she maintained her cheeky side but she mostly stuck to her.


It just goes to show that savage love changed her.


“Calm yourself...” Sakura patted her chest. “It’ll be well. She’ll say yes soon.”


+++


Chaeyeon got to her gate as she sighed. She would expect Sakura when she turned around…


…and she wasn’t around.


Chaeyeon felt strange. Every morning, Sakura would come to her home and they’d walk or ride a bus to school. But today, she wasn’t around. For the first of Chaeyeon’s life, she felt peace.


She ran towards her school and didn’t care about her aftermath of shaggy hair, fixing it into a ponytail as she got inside the classroom. She looked at the other desk and was shocked that Sakura’s still not around.


Where is she?


Chaeyeon was of her thoughts as the bell rang, starting their class.


+++


Chaeyeon had her lunch but there was no Sakura to bug her. She may have wanted the peace and quiet for a while but the day felt missing, as if Sakura’s presence had its purpose in her life. 


Spoke too soon. Sakura was finally present in Chaeyeon’s peripherals and sat across her.


“Where were you?” 


“Hello would’ve been a better thing to say, Chae.” Sakura spoke then asked. “Will our love finally begin with that?”


There goes the pick-up like that made Chaeyeon almost spit her food. Sakura was always to her rescue, wiping Chaeyeon’s mouth with a tissue.


“I was with my cousin. She returned from America.”


“Oh, okay.” Chaeyeon nodded.


“Why? Did you miss me?”


“Never.” Chaeyeon spoke as she finished her meal.


Sakura made a face yet Chaeyeon made her leave. Like the usual routine, Sakura carried her food and got to her side.


Although annoying, a void in Chaeyeon’s heart was filled because of this moment.


+++


Chaeyeon thought that the days would be of the usual but it was another day without Sakura to bug her…


…and another, and another...


…and it went on for almost a week.


Peace turned into longing. Eyes looked around and fingers fiddled in waiting for the cherry blossom to return. Even if she attended classes and ate lunch with her, the routine was ceased. Sakura doesn’t greet her at her gate, doesn’t tail herself with her, and doesn’t take her home.


Chaeyeon hated to admit herself wrong but maybe, Sakura was serious. Maybe all those efforts were real and that maybe, she herself would become whipped towards her.


Chaeyeon went home dejectedly when she saw Sakura. Her dreary feelings became vibrant as she walked towards her…


…until a taller girl hugged Sakura, even kissed her cheeks.


.


Chaeyeon felt her heartstrings break. She and Sakura were never a thing. To hell, Chaeyeon would use all her power to just have a day without Sakura tailing her.


Now, it bit her right on the . Sakura’s attempts of flirting were the little pieces that completed her puzzle called life. 


She turned around and decided to walk away as she decided to leave the different normal and return to the old one…


…until a hand stopped her.


“Chaeyeon?” Sakura called.


Chaeyeon lets herself go yet Sakura faced her, holding her shoulders. “Hey…what’s with the face?”


“This is just my face, Sakura. Now leave me alone.” 


“You’re mad~” Sakura still stopped her. “What’s wrong?”


“Who’s that girl you just hugged?”


Sakura couldn’t believe that question nor she couldn’t believe Chaeyeon’s reaction. Nonetheless, she became honest. “That was my cousin, Wonyoung.”


“You’re lying.” Chaeyeon hissed and ran away.


Sakura needed not for Chaeyeon to be obvious. She tried to resist her smile and continue to say the truth to her, embracing herself into a savage love that hopefully, will become reality.