Operation Feather: Part 2 (KkuChaen ft. OT10)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Yena’s eyes battled sleep and Yujin would slap her shoulders to wake her up. Wonyoung and Yuri were asleep as they were tired from work.


Ahn. Choi. Do you copy? Over.


“A reception from the station…” Yujin mumbled and got the receiver. “This is Ahn. Over.”


We got an accident close to the main road. Your car is the closest to the location so get there as soon as you can.


“Roger that.” Yujin spoke and sighed. “We’re making a detour, Yen. Accident.”


“If this is some bull of a reckless driver, then they’ll get their asses kicked.” Yena hissed and turned left. 


Yujin got the location and Yena drove faster, causing Wonyoung and Yuri to wake up from their nap.


“Eh? Where are we?” Wonyoung asked.


“Sorry, love. We have an emergency. Just a quick detour.” Yujin answered.


“Is it me or is this the way to Boss’ house?” Yuri asked. “By the way, what’s the commotion?”


“Accident, love.” Yena answered. “There’s an accident on the main road. Since we’re drawing closer to the location, we’ll go ahead.”


Wonyoung and Yuri grew concerned and Yena finally got to the main road. They looked around and the toppled black Ranger caught their eyes. However, what caught Wonyoung and Yuri’s eyes was a toppled blue mint scooter.


“Love, drive faster!” Yuri snapped.


“Huh? What’s wrong?”


“I…” Yuri started to cry. “...I think I know who got into an accident.”


Yena did what she was told and zoomed close to the scene. Once the car was parked, the four of them got down. Yuri had to check the victims and wished she was wrong. Wonyoung saw it too and cried with Yuri.


On the ground was an unconscious Lee Chaeyeon. 


Yujin consoled the two whereas Yena did the investigations while calling the paramedics and more backup from their department. Yena puts on her surgical gloves and did the procedures. 


“Hey, hey…don’t cry…” Yujin comforted, mostly Wonyoung. “Is she your boss, love?”


Wonyoung nodded. “We offered her to join us but she insisted on driving her scooter home.”


“We should’ve forced her. Then this wouldn’t have happened.” Yuri sniffled.


Yujin insisted that the two should get in the car. They obeyed and went back, leaving Yujin to help Yena with the investigations. 


“She’s conscious.” Yena was beside Chaeyeon and checked her pulse. “She has minor cuts and a huge one on her right arm but it could be different on the inside. And even if she wore a helmet, the impact could still cause a concussion.”


“And the other guy?” Yujin asked.


Speaking of the devil, the other victim became conscious. Inside the car, Wonyoung and Yuri were eager to throw hands because Chaeyeon was never a reckless driver. They believed that it was the guy’s fault. They also wanted to help but they trusted their girlfriends to do their job. Outside, Yena and Yujin saw their expressions.


“Our girlfriends want him dead,” said Yujin.


“Cuff him. He needs to be detained because of this.” Yena spoke, just in time for backup to arrive.


Two police cars, two sedans, and two ambulances came to their aid. Yena had to finish her procedures quickly and retrieved the belongings. 


“Kaeun-nim. Inspector.” Yena approached her and saluted. “Shall I check the parcel?”


“Just get the phone. Contact the victim’s speed dial #1.” Kaeun commanded. “I reckon you were taking your girlfriends home.”


“Yes, Inspector…and it seems the victim is their boss at work.”


“Take them home first and return to the police station with the victim’s belongings. Contact the speed dial immediately.”


Yena saluted again and pulled Yujin to come with her. They got inside their police car as Wonyoung and Yuri bombard them questions about Chaeyeon’s welfare.


“She’s now in the ambulance. She’ll be sent to – “


“Sh!” Yena shushed Yujin as she was calling the speed dial from Chaeyeon’s phone. “Take over the wheel, AhnYu.” She faced the girlfriends. “Love, Wonyoung. We shall take you home first. It’s Inspector’s orders.”


“But what about Boss?!” Yuri was still worried. “We need to check on her!”


“We’ll tell you every update about your boss, okay? For now, we need to take you two home so both of you can rest.” Yujin assured them. “We’ll take care of your boss. We promise.”


Wonyoung and Yuri were silenced as Yujin drove faster whereas Yena was still calling the speed dial. Wonyoung and Yuri got beeps from their phones and they checked it, shocked to see a message.


Good day, interns Honda, Jang, and Jo. You’re needed by Head Surgeon Kim to conduct a surgery. I know this is your first time plus you just finished from your part-time job but your needed now.


Yujin would’ve taken the right junction but Wonyoung suddenly made her steer to the left, shocking everyone.


“Love, what the – you almost got us killed!” Yujin huffed.


“We’re needed at M Hospital. Take us there now!”


“Love, why don’t you let your team take Boss to M Hospital?” Yuri suggested to Yena. “The facilities and services are good there.”


“I’m sorry, love…but only Inspector Kaeun has the say to that.” Yena spoke and the phone continued to ring. “Plan A Hospital is the nearest to the accident’s location so she might be taken there.”


Wonyoung and Yuri sighed and became silent, waiting for their girlfriends to take them to the hospital.


+++


Time passed and Sakura lost her battle of staying focused on the meeting. The talks of an upcoming project sparked the business savvy inside her that she was willing to invest on it. Sakura might be seeing the conference room with Hyewon and their business partners inside but her mind had Chaeyeon in it. She visualized her sleeping on the chair and she would make the motion to carry her to their bedroom. Sakura would then lay her down on their white bed, tucking her in the soft blanket and fixing her hair strands and –


Sakura’s phone buzzed inside her cardigan. She looked at the dialer and it made her raise a hand.


“Yes, boss?” Hyewon asked.


“Excuse me. I need to answer this call.”


The meeting halted from there as Sakura went outside. She wondered why the said caller would call at this hour yet it sparked her feelings. Her tiredness was replaced with an energetic side as she answered it. “Love~”


Hello. This is SP Choi Yena from the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency.


Sakura raised an eyebrow and was close to snapping. “This is Miyawaki Sakura of Miyawaki Corp. Why do you have my wife’s phone?”


Miyawaki Sakura?! A-Are you General Miyawaki’s – 


“Yes! Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Chief Superintendent General Miyawaki Shouji is my father! I’m his eldest child! Now tell me why you have my wife’s phone!!” Sakura snapped.


This was Sakura’s tendency. She had the habit to snap or get angry when she felt something bad happened to Chaeyeon. She will go crazy when something bad happens to Chaeyeon, especially when someone intends to hurt her. Even if Chaeyeon got hurt from bumping her toe on a table’s leg, Sakura would destroy that table and replace it with a new one with a safer design.


Sakura’s love for Chaeyeon was a butterfly effect. The littlest good or bad situations Chaeyeon had or perceived would give best or worst consequences for Sakura to improve or resolve.


Mrs. Miyawaki, your wife got into a car accident. She got hit by a black Ranger.


“What?!” Sakura didn’t snap but her voice got cold, even her hand  was close to crumpling her phone. “Where is she now?! Where did you take her? How is she?!”


Our inspector reported to us and said that they took her to Plan A Hospital because it’s near. She has minor injuries so there’s nothing to worry about - 


“What the – my wife got into an accident! How could you say that it’s nothing to worry about?!” Sakura snapped again. “Aish – take her to M Hospital! If Plan A Hospital insists not to let her transfer, make them! She’ll only be treated in M Hospital and that’s final!”


Of course, Mrs. Miyawaki. We’ll abide to the instructions. It would be best to meet there so I can explain everything to you.


Sakura hung up immediately and her face went sour. She didn’t return to the conference room yet since she contemplated about what information she recently got.


Sakura always thought about Chaeyeon’s well-being. She would go the longest lengths, carry the strongest burdens, and be the softest person despite her hard personality, all for Chaeyeon. Sakura also cared about Chaeyeon’s decisions that she was sure about Chaeyeon riding her scooter home. After all, she was also busy with the meeting.


Now, Sakura regrets it. It was better to cancel the meeting at that one call and just…


Sakura cannot succumb onto her thoughts any longer. She returned to the conference room and was greeted by concerned looks.


“Boss, did something happen?” Hyewon asked.


Sakura got to her chair but she almost collapsed. Hyewon got to her side whereas the other people grew worried.


“My boss and I apologize, everyone. The meeting will be settled next time.” Hyewon stepped in to speak. “My boss isn’t feeling well. Her secretary will reschedule another meeting during all of your preferred time or until further notice. We can’t continue now because we have an emergency.”


With that, everyone nodded. Sakura had no time for farewells and went out. Hyewon noticed her haste and caught up to her. “Did something happen, Kkura?”


“Jjaeyeon…car accident…” Sakura huffed out of worry and walked faster.


“I’ll inform Eunbi.” Hyewon spoke and didn’t ask anymore as she continued to follow Sakura to her office. 


“Yabuki Nako!” Sakura spat, going to her desk to look for her car keys and wallet. 


“Y-Yes, Boss?” Nako peeped out of her cubicle and rushed to Sakura’s aid. “What happened? Did you finish the meeting early?”


Sakura didn’t answer and continued to scurry her hands on her desk. Nako got confused but Hyewon whispered. “Operation Feather, Kinako. Chaeyeon got into an accident.”


“Call M Hospital to have everything prepared! Chaeyeon must be the most prioritized patient, understand?!” Sakura spat.


“I’ll do the call first. Just cancel all of Sakura’s schedules until further notice.” Hyewon whispered again.


Despite the load of tasks, Nako had to do them immediately. Hyewon stepped in to help and call someone whereas Nako had to inform the people involved in the meeting through a group call. Sakura found her keys and wallet and Hyewon volunteered to come with her and drive the car for her. Sakura agreed and got to the passenger’s seat like an asocial child.


“Kkura, please calm down.” Hyewon spoke while driving. “Chaeyeon wouldn’t like that for you.”


“I can’t help it, Kwangbae! This is my wife we’re talking about!” Sakura spat. “What if something bad happened to her?!”


“Then, we’ll resolve it.” Hyewon spoke again. “I already contacted Eunbi and Chaewon so everything will be prepared. All we can do is pray for Chaeyeon’s safety.”


Sakura knew Hyewon was right. She shuts herself up and hoped that Chaeyeon will be okay.


“Drive faster, Kwangbae.”


“Already doing it.” Hyewon spoke and stomped on the gas pedal.


+++


M Hospital was a grand medical facility with the best medical experts and best healthcare services. Kim Chaewon was its director and she had reactions after receiving calls from Hyewon and Nako about Operation Feather. Once it was over, she called all important medical staff at the last minute for an important announcement. For the staff, they can never disobey or dilly-dally or else Chaewon will become the descendant of Satan.


Chaewon was already preparing herself to go outside as the rest of the staff followed. Even Kim Minju – who was the hospital’s head surgeon – had to join them despite recently finishing her latest surgery.


“What is this, love?” Minju panted as she wiped her bloody hands. “What happened to Chaeyeon?”


“Hyewon and Nako called. Chaeyeon got into a car accident.” Chaewon spoke. “She will be sent here prior to Sakura’s instruction so we must prepare.”


“. Will the other victim be involved?” Minju raised.


“I don’t know. Police from SMPA will arrive to explain the details so we’ll know by then.”


Chaewon and Minju got to their main lobby and were greeted by other staff. With their current Chaewon instructed people to prepare a room whereas Minju and her team of surgeons prepared the facilities.


“Director Kim!” A doctor rushed to her. “Another surgery went successful.”


“Is that the surgery done by the three interns?


“Y-Yes, Director! Despite their first time, they did the procedures well.” 


Chaewon beeped them through a message and the doctor volunteered to call them. Chaewon lined everyone up close to the ER and Minju returned from the assignments. “The emergency medicine team is ready.”


The three interns arrived and bowed at everyone, especially at Chaewon and Minju. 


“Congratulations on your first surgery, you three!” Minju patted their backs. “You’ll be part of my team soon.”


“T-Thank you, Minju-nim!” 


“Just Minju.” She nudged the Director. “Chaewon-nim, you must explain why they’re here.”


“What is Operation Feather, Director?”


Chaewon motioned them to follow and the three obeyed. They got to a secluded spot and asked. “What have you noticed and heard so far?”


“Well, during our surgery with the senior surgeons and assistant doctors, you beeped the words Operation Feather in our phones. For some reason, we couldn’t help but finish the procedure as quick and as precise as we could that I had to stitch the head quickly and surely.”


“That’s good, Wonyoung. Anything else?”


“New nurses and doctors were shocked that you and Minju-nim were waiting outside. They say that the incoming patient is a VIP.”


“That’s true, Yuri. Your thoughts, Hitomi?”


“They’re even shocked that we’re called to line up with you. To support Yuri’s claim, they’re against it because you never wait for VIPs, even if it was the senator who will be injured.”


“All of your thoughts were correct. I want you to know that Operation Feather is a very special task exclusively for M Hospital.”


“Why is that, Director?” They asked.


“Operation Feather is a special task for M Hospital to provide healthcare to the chairwoman’s daughter-in-law. It sounds authoritative and unfair but there are reasons.” Chaewon spoke. “One, the chairwoman’s daughter's in-laws are benefactors of the hospital. Two – and I say this again – the patient is the chairwoman’s daughter-in-law. Three, this is a family business wherein family members are always VIPs. Four, the patient is a very important person to the chairwoman – especially to her daughter – as much as she is important to us.”


The three wowed and nodded. Chaewon thought she had innocent yet trustworthy interns in her grasp.


“Who’s the daughter-in-law, Director?” Wonyoung asked.


“She doesn’t like disclosing it but if you were to work here, you must know.” Chaewon spoke as she crossed her arms. “Her name is Miyawaki Caiyan but her work name is Lee Chaeyeon.”


“Lee Chaeyeon?!” The three gasped. “Is she the same Lee Chaeyeon, owner of Leé Café.”


“That’s exactly her. Why? Is she familiar to you three?”


“She-She’s our boss at our part-time work, Director!” Hitomi spat.


“I’m glad Boss will be sent here!” Yuri hugged Wonyoung for relief. “We saw her at the scene, Director. She was hit by a huge black car!”


“How did you know this information?” Chaewon asked.


“Our girlfriends are senior policemen at SPMA. They were tasked by Inspector Lee Kaeun to check on the accident first. We were about to go home and we offered her a ride home but she refused, wanting to drive her scooter. We didn’t bat but we never thought the accident could happen.” Wonyoung spoke the gasped. “Wait a minute. Does that mean Big Boss and the chairwoman’s daughter are one person?!”


There was no time for the question to be answered. Sirens were heard, making the four return to their positions in the lobby.


“It seems fate had a way of letting you three help your boss, after all she did to help you.” Chaewon spoke and the three felt warm with her words.


The ambulance finally got to the entrance and everyone made way for the patient. Two head nurses opened the door and were shocked that the director and the department heads were lined up.


“Director Kim!” One of the greeted. “W-What brought you here-“


“Idiot!” The other who was her senior spat. “We have the chairwoman’s daughter-in-law here!”


“Enough! Let her out now!” Chaewon demanded.


Some department heads helped Chaeyeon out of the ambulance. Another bed was prepared with another oxygen tank and mask and Chaeyeon was slowly transferred. 


“Everyone!” Chaewon spat and everyone paid attention. “Whatever is spoken here, stays here. If any information is disclosed outside by any of you, you’re fired! The department heads and the surgical team will be part of the emergency medicine team and come with me. The rest will go back to work!”


Everyone obeyed and disseminated like ants. Chaewon lets Minju, Hitomi, Yuri, and Wonyoung take care of Chaeyeon and take charge of the operation. Chaewon stayed and greeted the next set of guests.


“SP Choi Yena and SP Ahn Yujin.” The policewomen showed their ID and badge. “Director Kim Chaewon?”


“Pleasure to meet you two. Thank you for aiding my cousin-in-law.” Chaewon shook hands with them. “I heard from our interns about what happened. Are the names Jo Yuri and Jang Wonyoung familiar?”


“Yes. They’re our partners.” Yena spoke. “We came here for the investigation and give Mrs. Miyawaki a head up of what happened.”


“We’ll talk later, officers. I need to be part of her wife’s surgery.”


Yena and Yujin nodded and Chaewon was off, walking quickly towards the ER. Inside, the departments were gathering information from their conducted tests whereas the assigned four surgeons were preparing for an operation.


“How long was she out from the incident?”


“Two hours.” One of the department heads spoke. “We conducted all the emergency tests. She has no amputations but she has minor closed fractures and small open wounds. The major problem is thw gash on her arm and her brain trauma, hence to why she’s unconscious.”


“What about her breathing?”


“It’s slowing down, Director.”


Chaewon looked at the CT scan and her X-ray results and cussed. “A dent in the cerebral cortex is just ing – “


“Boss looks so peaceful…” Wonyoung cried because Chaeyeon was motionless.


“Focus, Jang. We have major surgeries to do in the brain and put casts by the fractures.” Minju spoke. “What’s the reading, Jo?”


“Her respiratory response is minimum, Doc.” Yuri spoke.


“Shock her to 100.”


Yuri got the defibrillator and Hitomi sets the shock. “Clear!”


Chaeyeon was shocked and her heart rate was normal. Minju tasked Wonyoung to get a scalpel and lots of gauze. 


“Calm down, girls. This is your first time doing Operation Feather so the pressure is real...but that will never help in this cause.” Minju spoke.


“This is crucial. We can’t have any flaw in this.” Chaewon suited up to join the operation. “This is the chairwoman’s daughter-in-law so there’s no room for error. Understand?”


“Yes.” The three interns nodded.


“Alright. Let’s begin.” Chaewon spoke as everyone gathered around Chaeyeon and started the operation.