Inspiration (OT12 ft. WIZ*ONES)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Twelve girls were looking at their classmate sitting at the back, slumping her head on the chair as her eyes closed. Her short hair dangled down as her glasses rested on her desk. 

 

She was Ho Seobi, their reigning Top 1 in the class. She was tall, she had a demeaning look, and she was mostly sleeping in class; ironic to her excellent overall performance. She had a number of admirers and haters but the most famous thing about Seobi was that she had the most popular group in school as her top admirers. The members of said group were the same 12 girls watching her.

 

“Aren’t you going out now, Eunbi?” Sakura asked. “You have a meeting with the student council, remember?”

 

“I’m the President. I can do whatever I want.” Eunbi added. “I have Kaeun to take over my business while I am away.”

 

“So why would you excuse yourself?” Yena asked.

 

“What else would be the reason? To watch over Seobi until she wakes up, of course.” Eunbi spoke, twirling her car keys. “I’m taking her home.”

 

“I’m ahead of you, Eun.” Minju smirked as she fiddled her car keys. “I have a bigger car where Seobi can sleep peacefully.”

 

“Not fair.” Wonyoung huffed and the rest joined.

 

They were stopped as Seobi was waking up. The 12 girls stayed silent as Seobi rubbed her eyes and put her glasses on.

 

“Eh? Class is over?” Seobi looked around and gasped again. “Eh? IZ*ONE? What are you still doing here?”

 

Chaewon was the closest to Seobi and ended up patting her head. “Waiting for you.”

 

“Goodness…my apologies for sleeping a lot.” Seobi got up and got her things. “Let’s go. I’ll treat all of you at our favorite ramen place.”

 

“Okay.” Hyewon was the most excited and got to Seobi’s side.

 

Chaewon managed to walk by Seobi's right as the rest were on her tails, whining at 2Won for getting their chance. 

 

+++

 

"We'll have 13 bowls, please…" Seobi raised. "...a larger one for Hyewon."

 

Hyewon cheered and thanked Seobi. The others joined in and Seobi nodded as a sign of welcoming. 

 

"Just a question…" Seobi spoke. "...why did you guys wait for me?"

 

"We couldn't leave you sleeping alone in the classroom." Chaeyeon spoke. 

 

"But you guys do that everyday…" Seobi spoke again, adding a scratch on the head.

 

"It's a habit for us, Seobi-chan." Nako added. "We got used to it."

 

Seobi nodded and rubbed her temples after taking off her glasses. They silently wowed about Seobi's hidden visuals but they were worried because Seobi grew droopy.

Seobi never had good sleep in most of her life. She tried relaxing but her mind was always working. Her body always wanted to rest but her body was always active and will seek any activity to keep herself busy. As a result, it caused her to sleep in the most unusual situations or places, even in school. IZ*ONE was always curious about Seobi's background but the latter doesn't usually tell.

 

"Seobi." Wonyoung reached to hold her hand. "You look tired. Are you okay?"

 

"I only get little sleep. My insomnia works wonders."

 

"You must be thinking a lot of things. Are you sure you're okay?" Yuri asked.

 

Seobi was never a person to say anything. She would keep it to herself or she had no energy to talk. But with the 12 girls worrying about her, she had to be honest.

 

"School work plus my upbringing when it comes to it. I'm always eager to do my requirements yet my mind lingers to do more, sometimes resulting in more stress and less rest." Seobi puts her hands on her face. "There's even a time when you have to deal with your strong-willed family. You get scolded or get tasked too much amid your responsibilities. I guess it's too much information to be holding in."

 

Seobi chuckled it off, just in time for their food to be served. Everyone got a bowl each but as for Hyewon, she got a normal-sized bowl and served the larger one to Seobi.

 

"Eh? I thought you wanted a bigger bowl, Kwangbae."

 

"You deserve it more, Seobi." Hyewon spoke as she held her hand. "You need to eat more to gain energy so you won't get tired."

 

Seobi protested when IZ*ONE thanked her and ate from their bowls. Seobi looked at her larger bowl and dug in slowly.

 

"Tell me when you need to sleep early or you'll arrive late to school. I'll excuse you." Eunbi began.

 

"If you need to vent out, talk to me. We'll play games together afterward," said Sakura.

 

"I'll order you food. Just call me if you want them delivered." Hyewon swore, much to everyone's shock. 

 

"Call me too, Seobi. I'll cheer you up with my jokes." Yena raised.

 

"Do you like spicy food? Let's eat some together to rid the heat and stress away," said Chaewon.

 

"I can call a professional to help with your sleepless nights." Minju added. "I'll even come to your house and sleep with you."

 

"All of us should have the chance." Nako huffed. "Don't worry, Seobi-chan. I'll also bring my pet bird because you loved her so much."

 

"All of us shall visit; one member within different days. I'll also bring ube bread because that's Seobi-chan's favourite." Hitomi grinned.

 

"I agree with that. And like Minju…" Yuri reached to pat Seobi's head. "...I'll also sleep with her. I'll even sing lullabies to help her sleep early."

 

"We should all have the chance to sleep at Seobi's place. I'll bring board games." Yujin raised.

 

"Me too. I'll bring tea." Wonyoung added. "However, it will depend if Seobi will let us."

 

Seobi will. She will always let them. She realized that the members did it out of love. They did their own gestures to show their love for her and Seobi couldn't help but love them back. She only hid it to protect them.

 

"I can't say no to my inspiration," was all Seobi said and resumed her meal.

 

IZ*ONE had flushed faces but seeing Seobi's calm yet smiling expression made them happy and relieved. They resumed their meal and went through the day of having their favorite top-notcher for company. It was the same for Seobi as she felt light seeing the girls with her.

 

After all, they made her life easier to live.

 

They were her inspiration.