Spicy Dancing: Part 3 (KkuChaen)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

A sneeze greeted one dance room at Produce Academy. The sudden outburst made Yena spray alcohol at the culprit. “Sorry, Chae. Better be safe than sorry.”


Chaeyeon covered her face and spat the alcohol off of . The J.CHALK members became worried about her.


“It’s fine, Yen. Back to positions.” Chaeyeon instructed.


The members couldn’t bat, not even Eunbi despite being the leader. Chaeyeon was an epitome of dance. She takes workshops, practices, and rehearsals very seriously that she’ll still dance despite being sick. The members looked up to Chaeyeon because of her dedication to the craft, hence to why they were willing to follow her lead.


On My Way played in the background and J.CHALK danced like it was the performance proper. They would’ve taken it lightly because it wasn’t a competition but dance was dance; a means of expression and art through movement in which it must be taken seriously. The members had their chance to shine, creating a unified performance like no other. Without counting bias, it was obvious that Chaeyeon shone. Despite sneezing on her elbows when she wasn’t at the center, she did her efforts to deliver the performance.


Sakura and Nako got inside with Kim Nayeon, one of Produce Academy’s managers, and froze as they watched J.CHALK perform. They were impressed of their professionalism and their delivery to an EDM song. Sakura’s eyes glued at Chaeyeon throughout their practice and she’d grovel on her feet just how graceful and how hot Chaeyeon was and –


The dance ended and Chaeyeon sneezed many times. Sakura, Nako, and the manager applauded for the dance. Eunbi greeted them as Yena and Chaewon helped Chaeyeon rest.


“Is Chaeyeon going to be okay?” Their manager asked.


“She’ll be okay, Nayeon-unnie.” Eunbi answered. “We can’t let her not perform this Saturday. We need her.”


“Just make sure she gets enough rest before the performance.” Nayeon spoke. “By the way, we’ll be having a short meeting right now with Sakura-san and Nako-san about some important matters. Sajangnim’s orders.”


The other members finally greeted Nayeon, Nako, and Sakura. They greeted back yet Sakura was worried about Chaeyeon.


“Chaeyeon, you’re excused for this meeting.” Nayeon spoke. “You need to rest. I’ll let Eunbi inform you about it.”


“It’s okay, Manager Kim.” Chaeyeon spoke formally. “I can manage.”


Nayeon sighed and agreed. The girls went to a conference room next to the sound system and seated at the lined chairs. Sakura was lucky to sit next to Chaeyeon that she held her hand underneath the table. 


“As we all know, Kaikai’s workshop is almost up. The choice for the potential dancers for Kaikai and J.CHALK’s future group will be made stricter and with lesser members.”


“How many will be selected, manager-nim?” Yena asked.


“Two.”


“Go for three.” Chaeyeon spoke as she sniffled.


“Isn’t an even number of members quite difficult for formation making?” Nayeon asked.


“The number doesn’t matter. Having twelve members is quite symbolic and concepts are so vast for its suitability.” Chaeyeon reasoned. “Let’s go in picking three members.”


J.CHALK nodded. The Kaikai duo thought it was a good idea as they were obliged to train three potential dancers for their group. Nayeon went with their decisions and planned to talk about it to the producers.


“Next agenda, the performance.” Nayeon spoke. “J.CHALK will be performing for Dancing 9 this Saturday. The academy proposed that Sakura-san and Nako-san should watch with the students. Take it as part of the workshop.”


“That’s a good idea, Manager Kim.” Nako was up for it. “It would be nice for the students to observe the best dancers.”


J.CHALK were humbled. Chaeyeon was a bit worried, especially if her three friends will find out that she was the Lee Chaejeong they knew. Worse case scenario is that the whole class will know. Sakura felt her worry and held her hand tenderly, fingers caressing her palm.


Then again, it was about time Chaeyeon became honest.


“Okay. That will be nice.” Chaeyeon mumbled. 


“That’s settled. I’ll come with you girls to assess everything.” Nayeon concluded and the girls nodded. “Meeting adjourned. All of you are free to go after this.”


The dancers thanked Nayeon as she left. J.CHALK got a chance to meet Sakura and Nako properly, even Nako groveled at them, especially towards Hitomi.


“No need to do that, Kinako.” The break-dancer chuckled.


“You guys know each other?” Wonyoung asked.


“I was a veteran at 48G Academy. I was the best in the classes that our CEO wanted a better opportunity for me so he sent me here in Produce Academy.” Hitomi spoke then smirked. “Missed me, Kinako?”


Everyone cooed at them. Hitomi cackled, leaving Nako to huff.


“Now you two can be like Hiichan and join us.” Yujin said to the duo. “We’ll be hoping to work with you.”


A sneeze disrupted them. Chaeyeon was slumped on the floor that all of them helped her up. 


“Come on, ace. We’re taking you home.” Yena draped Chaeyeon’s arm on her shoulder. “Yujin, help me and take her bag.”


“Sorry for this. See you guys tomorrow.” Chaeyeon mumbled as her weak hands waved them goodbye.


Everyone waved back as Chaeyeon slowly walked with Yena and Yujin. Eunbi told the dorky duo to take care of Chaeyeon while she reminded the ace to be well before the performance. Sakura and Nako would’ve excused themselves – even Sakura wanted to go ahead so she can follow Chaeyeon to her apartment and act like a stalker –  but Eunbi thought they should know each other more. The duo couldn’t say no to their idols and they sat back down.


“Chaeyeon-unnie had been juggling her time since the first day of practice.” Wonyoung shared to the Kaikai duo. “Usually, she’s vacant in every morning but she recently told us she attended a dance workshop across the street.”


“Weird, though.” Chaewon added. “Produce Academy is the only dance academy in this part of town.”


“There’s another dance academy but in the other side of the neighborhood. Maybe that’s where she went.” Hitomi added.


“Why would she go there?” Nako joined in the conversation as if she doesn’t know why. “Produce Academy is THE best academy in all of South Korea.”


“That’s true, Nako-chan…but for Chaeyeon, dance is dance. Whether you trained on your own or you trained at the best academy with the best instructors, what’s important is that you aspire to learn and be passionate about dancing.” Eunbi shared. “That what Chaeyeon believes in and we believe it too.”


“We do too.” Sakura got shy talking to them. “I mean…we idolize you a lot. Even if we know Hiichan, your caliber in dancing is way beyond the average dancer.”


“It’s like there’s a wall of excellence between us,” said Nako.


“Well, that will change after a year.” Eunbi said. “We’d be honored to work with the most famous dance group in all of Japan.”


Sakura and Nako bowed at them for the compliments. They talked about many things and Sakura got anxious because she wanted to know where Chaeyeon lived and take care of her. Nonetheless, the talk ended and they even took a groupfie before separating ways. Sakura remained by the dance academy’s entrance, leaving Nako and Hitomi to wonder.


“Go tell Hiichan, Kinako.” Sakura sighed. 


Nako whispered everything, shocking Hitomi. Sakura’s face was very red. But like Nako, Hitomi was cheeky. “You’re whipped for our ace!”


“Hush.” Sakura spat. “Now you know about the whole thing, can you tell me where Chaeyeon lives?”


“I’ll take you there.” Hitomi agreed, motioning the duo to follow. 


Sakura and Nako were on her sides, walking slowly towards a small, simple, and sleek household.


“That wasn’t far.” Nako spoke.


“Yeah. Chaeyeon-unnie chose to live near the academy for convenience.” Hitomi spoke. “With what you two confessed, I never thought Chaeyeon-unnie could do something so tactless.”


“What do you think about it, Hiichan?” Sakura asked. “I partly blame myself for it.”


“You can never blame a person to do the craziest things because of love.” Hitomi spoke and Nako applauded silently. “Chaeyeon-unnie takes things seriously, especially with what she wants. Be good to her, Kkura. She’s a keeper.” She knocked on the door. “And I won’t tell anyone. Chaeyeon-unnie should be saying the truth and I trust her that she’ll confess when it’s time.”


The door opened and Yena and Yujin greeted them. They greeted back and Hitomi asked first. “Is she okay?”


“She’s sleeping now.” Yena answered. “What brings you three here?”


“You two have workshops at the academy in thirty minutes.” Hitomi tapped her watch. “We’ll watch over Chaeyeon.”


The dorky duo bought their lie and thanked them for substituting. The trio watched them go and once they were out of sight, Hitomi and Nako pushed Sakura inside. Hitomi also got her phone to type her number.


“I’m giving you my number Chaeyeon’s number. Tell her that you got it from me.” Hitomi spoke as she gave her phone back. “You’re welcome.”


“See you, Kkura~” Nako chanted as she and Hitomi left.


Sakura gulped as she closed the door. She wowed of the interior but Chaeyeon was the major concern. She looked around the house for her, seeing her sleep in her bedroom. She was snuggled on the sheets, had a patch of Kool Fever on her forehead, and looked like her student Lee Chaejeong.


A cute burrito, Sakura thought.


Sakura slowly sat on the bed and got a good look at Chaeyeon. She was the privileged of all fans because of many things: she seduced her, she made out with her, she danced with her, she had  a chance to teach her despite being a pro, she got her number, and she got inside her apartment. Apart from her successful attempts of being a HUGE fan of Chaeyeon, she developed feelings for her. Weeks were too short but the feeling were just too intense.


In fact, Sakura didn’t want to let go of it.


Sakura inched closer and slowly touched Chaeyeon’s face beneath the hoodie. Her face was soft and squishy and Sakura wanted to squeal. Her fingers ran from the sides of her forehead down her jaw and seeing Chaeyeon smile in her sleep made Sakura want to kiss her.


Alas. A scream greeted the cherry blossom followed by a cough and sneeze. Like Yena, Sakura backed away and sprayed Chaeyeon’s face with the alcohol. Chaeyeon coughed harder and did motorboat noises to remove the residue of alcohol.


“S-Sorry!” Sakura did a peace sign.


“Sakura?!” Chaeyeon was shocked. “What are you doing in my apartment?!”


“I can only explain if you calm down and rest.”


Chaeyeon sighed and laid back, snuggling on the blanket. Sakura got to her side and told her everything.


“First of all, one of your members already knows your secret – “


“Who?!” Chaeyeon gasped again.


“Aish! Calm down or I’ll spray you with alcohol again!” Sakura snapped and aimed the spray bottle at her.


Chaeyeon mumbled her sorry and calmed down, leaving Sakura to continue. 


“Hitomi.” Sakura sighed. “I got fidgety when I saw that you were sick. She and Nako wondered since I remained at the academy’s entrance for too long. I told Nako to tell her. Take it as a way for me to talk to her and know where you live so I can check on you, that your dorky members fed you, made you take medicine, and that you rested.”


Chaeyeon saw Sakura blush; a juxtaposition of her demeanor when she taught dance. Her heart suddenly beat quickly.


“So, Hitomi guided me here. She even gave me your number.” Sakura continued. “She promised not to tell your members because she wanted you to tell the truth yourself.”


The rapid beats in Chaeyeon’s heart didn’t fade. Her encounter in seeing Sakura wasn’t just for dancing anymore. And knowing that Sakura did the impossible just so she can see her was an act that’ll go down the books. For Sakura, all her actions weren’t playful seduction to satisfy her desires anymore. And knowing she was having feelings for Chaeyeon, she wanted to be more than just a dance teacher and partner for her.


She wanted to be there for her whatever the circumstance may be.


“Sakura…why did you…”


“It’s a crazy thing I’d for you because I love you.” Sakura confessed, blush still present. “I know less than a month is short for the feelings to develop but I really mean them.”


Sakura looked away and felt embarrassed. Her face would become a tomato now. But then, Sakura was shocked as Chaeyeon was at her back, hugging her.


“Don’t worry. I sanitized so I won’t contaminate you with my flu.” Chaeyeon mumbled, making Sakura smile. “Me too, Kkura.”


Those two words made Sakura look around to see Chaeyeon look back at her with soft eyes and a sickly smile. Sakura couldn’t help but cup Chaeyeon’s cheeks. Her heart beat quicker when Chaeyeon closed her eyes and just felt them…


...until she collapsed in Sakura’s arms.


Sakura would’ve nudged Chaeyeon out of worry but as she felt her breathe, Sakura was relieved. She gently laid Chaeyeon back to bed and stopped to look at her sleeping peacefully. Sakura was on top of Chaeyeon and she fought the urge to kiss her right there.


She cussed. The flu had to be in the way.


In the end, Sakura laid down on the other side of the bed and called Hitomi to tell Nako to bring extra stuff because she decided to stay with Chaeyeon until she got better. 


For now, this moment wasn’t spicy.


In the future, perhaps?