In the end

Rebelling Heart

“What exactly do you want me to do?!” I ask Nichkhun angrily. I stare up at him feeling my own irritation by the whole situation closing in on us. “I’m trying to make this work! I’m sorry I can’t just take off from work, I’m sorry I can’t spend time with you, I’m sorry that our schedules don’t mesh.” Lately this is all Nichkhun and I have been doing: fighting.

His eyes narrow at me, he steps forward and stares down at my face. “That’s not what I’m saying! Just give me a call, send me a text, just so I know how you’re doing! We’ve gone weeks without saying anything to one another.” He takes a deep breath and I know this all isn’t working out like any of us want. “Lexi, I just want to know you’re still around. The guys haven’t heard from you in weeks either, and it is frustrating. I know you have a new job that demands different things. Lexi I miss you. It just feels like you’re getting further and further away.” Nichkhun’s tone gets softer and more worried as he continues to speak.

I close my eyes nodding my head. I’ve been so wrapped up in this new job, it just eats all of my attention, by the time I get home most nights I’m too tired to even change out of my clothes. Honestly it is a challenge, one that is completely different from what I was doing last year when I was still a manager of sorts for an idol group, for 2PM. “I can do that,” I mumble apologetically. In all honesty I haven’t even had time to think about anything other than my new job as district manager at my parent’s company.

Nichkhun walks over to me; he lets out a long sigh and runs a hand through my hair. “You look tired, why don’t you take a shower and change. I’ll make you something to eat.” He murmurs leaning down and kissing my forehead.

I nod my head, instead of walking away and towards my bathroom, I hug Nichkhun. The feeling seems foreign to me now, the contact of us, being around him. “Are you going to stay to eat too?” I question in a small voice.

“I can, but I have an early schedule tomorrow.” Khun mutters while wrapping his arms around me. For a moment we stay like this, in each other’s arms, enjoying the small and rare moment.

 

~~~

 

I watch my television screen, a rare day, a day off. It has been a while since I’ve gotten to just laze about my apartment, a long time really. I find myself watching some kind of music performance show. I try to change the channel, I try to look away when I see the group that is performing, I try to stay calm, I try not to think about all times I shared with this group. I try not to feel like I forgot what I’d been fighting for. I try to pretend I am happy, I try to act like it is all okay, that I made the right choice when I know I made a horrible mistake.

2PM dances to some song, the one they’re obviously promoting, and it strikes me that they seem like mere strangers when only a couple years ago, they’d been my best friends, they had been my entire life and now they're just a group of people that I miss dearly.

Midway through the song I finally gather my senses and turn the television off. “I really am stupid, huh?” I murmur shaking my head and getting up.

It’s been a couple years now since I last talked to any of them. Nichkhun and I drifted apart and by extension I drifted away from 2PM as a whole. I know it was partly so I wouldn’t have to face that I was giving up someone who I so desperately wanted to be with, but it was feeling more and more impossible as each day passed.

I had new projects to manage, I had new laws to go over, zoning permits to look into, construction plans, board meetings, it was like suddenly I’d become everything my parents wanted. I was on a course to take over the company. And seeing the stark contrast from my life when I ran away to Seoul and to now, I feel like I betrayed myself somewhere along the three years that have passed.


 

very belated Eiplouge and set up for the sequel
that I have planned.
What I have planned out won't be nearly as long and I'm thinking only a ficlet.
Maybe ten to twenty chapters, depends how it goes.
So ummmm yes.
Sequel is a definite yes.
I'm not sure when I'll have it posted, but I'm working on the first chapter right now,
and I still am working on a few other stories, many of which I have on hold.
I'm looking at posting maybe next week just so I commit to it.
So I hope you guys will read it, otherwise, this is just sort of leaving you guys on a cliff.
> n > AND we don't want that.

(Snuck her name in; LEXI) <--JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW AND STUFF.

EDIT:
Just posted the sequel, I haven't added anything yet, but I have it up, link is in the next chapter^^