Back to Korea

Rebelling Heart

“Guys, Munro totally got laid while in Korea.” Isobel declares as we join the others, to which I smack her head. “And let me tell you, the guy is a total ten.”

“Would you shut up?!” I whine blushing, I turn to face the others and see Mac shaking his head and Moe of course grinning like an idiot. “Mac, she Skyped him and then proceeded to ask him numerous inappropriate questions!” I whine walking over to him.

“There, there, she’s just excited to have you back for a few days.” He says comfortingly. “Though I’ll be sure to spill some dirt to you.” He adds with a mischievous smirk.

Moe hits my arm playfully. “Must have been the reason why you disappeared” He says smirking as he and Isobel hook arms.

“Isobel, really?” Nick says while shaking his head, Emily is simply grinning at the girl. “Though I’m hoping it was a mutual relationship decision.” My close friend says while nudging Finn.

“Oh my god, it was!” I yell smacking his arm. “And it was one time that I did that.” I whine while hiding my face in Mac’s arm. “When will you let that go?!”

“After we meet this ten.” Emily says cheerfully. “Someone charming enough to tie down someone as elusive as you, the guy must be amazing.” She says happily.

“Is it that guy that called at dinner last night?” Finn questions curiously, to which Isobel proceeds to confirm and describe Nichkhun in great detail.

“Nick, you know you are super attractive and everything, but this guy was like them embodiment of appeal and just plain .” Isobel says sighing happily. “Munro has her wagon hitched to a knock out.” We all stare at Isobel, she’s always been this crazy and happy, and so we’re not surprised. “Guys I think this is the start of a very beautiful couple.”

“Macallister” Moe says seriously while staring at Mac. “We’re going to Korea and we’re getting this train back on the tracks.” He declares while grabbing a beer.

“That sounds like fun; we haven’t just taken a trip like this in ages.” Nick says while pulling Isobel to him and wrapping an arm around her. “We’ll have to go visit Munro for sure now.” He says winking at me.

“You mean interrogate Nichkhun before my dad gets the chance to?” I ask while letting go of Mac so Moe and hug him.

“Basically.” They all say while grinning happily. In all honestly I think it’d be nice for them all to meet, though of course there are a few barriers, like language and cultural differences, not to mention 2PM’s to be very busy schedules.

Moe gives everyone a beer and grins at all of us. “This is the first time in three years that we’ve been able to do something like this.” He declares happily. “First it was Emily studying away at some crazy smart school, then our little Munro pulling a Houdini, tonight we enjoy ourselves.”

“We’re going to enjoy this time we have, and just like old times we’re going to have a fantastic night.” Emily says excitingly, while elbowing Moe.

 

So for the next ten days when I’m not with my parents, the guys are taking me out to all the places we used to frequent and to new places that they’ve taken too. It’s the most I’ve relaxed since those far off days in June the boys and I spent at that private beach house.

 

For the last night for us to do anything Isobel demands that we go to some club and enjoy our last night like we used to spend most of the nights when I still lived here. “I don’t know, normally some of us ends up so drunk that they’re a complete and total mess.” Mac mutters sourly.

“Yeah, it’s normally Munro, Moe and you.” Emily says smirking at the three of us. “The three of you go completely wild, leaving us to rein you guys in.”

“Hey, party people let loose, that’s what we do.” Moe defends us, not well, but defends us.

Emily and Nick both roll their eyes. “Are you sure you went to law school, like your dad, because it sounds like you spent that time not paying attention for the three years you stayed there.” Nick teases him.

“Hey, I quit because I couldn’t take it anymore” Moe says frowning. “And I’ll have you know that Mac and I are doing very well with our independent movie company.” He brags while grabbing Mac’s arm.

“That’s true; we’ve turned out some nice movies.” Mac says modestly. “Besides aren’t we the ones who have fun at work.”

“Hey, I kept us updated on Munro.” Nick says defending himself. While the three of them argue we all get in the car, rolling out eyes at the same argument that they’ve always have had.

 

“This is definitely the party girl we used to hang with!” Moe yells over the music while we all dance together at some club. I think about Miyoung and how much they would all love her, now there is a party girl.

Emily, Finn and I are dancing Mac and Moe slip off together, and we haven’t seen Isobel and Nick since we got here, so it’s safe to say they’re together and having their own party. “God the last time we all did this together, it ended up just like this!” Emily yells with a smile.

“Yeah, and we were left without a ride.” I whine, luckily Finn drove us and is our DD for this particular outing. The three of us have our fun dancing; eventually Isobel and Nick come back, both with silly grins on their faces. “Looks like we’re slowly regrouping.” I slur in Emily’s ear.

“We’ll be lucky if Moe and Mac come back able to walk.” She jokes, and well she’s not wrong. When the pair of them drink it is a completely nightmare for us, normal and sane Mac is suddenly a Moe and Isobel, and the two of them are a huge handful.

After I finish off my drink I feel a tug in the back of my bead to stop, in the haze from the liquor I know it’s about a promise I made. And so I stop, it seems like a good reason as any.

 

~~~

 

Hugging everyone I smile at Isobel who is giving me her ‘get some’ face. “Would you stop that?” I ask while laughing. “He probably thinks you’re crazy.” I mutter while kissing her cheek.

“Can I help it that you found yourself a very nice guy, and that I want this to work out for you desperately?” She asks while holding my hands before pulling me back into a hug. “Promise to call and now that we know where you are and what you’re doing?”

“I promise.” I mumble holding on to her tightly. “I’ll miss you Bel” I mumble affectionately as we finally let go.

I look at my friends and wave to them, my parents of course said their good-byes and left, James was not invited to send me back, but I’m not shedding any tears over that. “Remember we want a full report of what your dad thinks” Nick says kissing the top of my head. “We’ll miss you squirt.”

“Don’t’ forget to tell us when you all have concerts and here in the states, we’ll fly and see them live.” Mac says patting my shoulder happily.

“Oh yes we will.” Moe says while winking at me. “We’ll be in touch love.” He adds hugging me tightly again.

Emily smiles at me simply and hugs me again; I suppose I can’t really blame them for this, after all last time I left suddenly and without saying a word to anyone. “When we come to visit we’ll do some shopping.” She says excitedly. “It’ll be a lot of fun.”

Finn waves at me before Moe pushes him forward. “It’s always good to see you Munro so no being a stranger.” He says while puffing his cheeks up and hugging me. “I hope it all works out for what it’s worth.” Finn says as he let’s go of me. “You deserve a happy ending.”

“I’ll say; this is just the perfect romance.” Moe says while swooning. “If this guy turns out to be an , send us word and we’ll straighten it all out for you.” He says fired up with Isobel nodding her head and pulling her fists up.

“You better get on that plane.” Mac says while shoving Moe out of the way, pushing me to head forward he smiles at me with the others all waving. Heading towards the doors I look back once to see all my friends watching me with smiles on their faces, so I wave one last time before I head through the doors.

Part of me is sad to be leaving them like this, but I am fighting with everything that I am to keep the life I found in Korea. So I get on the plane, I close my eyes and prepare myself for seeing the guys again, for going back to work and for the hectic and very busy life that I seemed to have found myself loving.

 

Walking with my back trailing behind me and my hat pulled on tight I walk through the doors to see a familiar set of heads all waiting and trying to look inconspicuous.  Chuckling to myself I walk to the group of men holding a sign with ‘H.G.’ on it.

“You guys are a bit insane you know that?” I ask as I stand in front of them with a huge grin on my face. “But I’ve missed you all.”

Nichkhun is the first to hug me. “I missed you too.” He mumbles selfishly.

“Yah, have that kind of greeting when we get back to the dorm.” Wooyoung mutters under his breath nervously. “We should get out of here.”

Once we’re in the van, Min-Jun driving, Junho asks what everyone else I’m sure is wondering. “So what did you dad say, I mean besides having dinner with us.”

Looking at them I smile happily. “I just have to give him a call once a week, and until the dinner I won’t know what to expect. Though by the way he was talking it would seem I get to stay.” I say smiling joyously.

“We’re very happy to hear that.” Chansung says relieved. “We were watching the news a few days ago when your parents came on.” He says looking at me with huge eyes. “It was a huge shock.”

“We didn’t realize quite realize what a big deal your parents are.” Min-Jun says from the front seat. “Chair of several charities, CEO and Founders of Elite Industries and a few other companies, the list just went on and on.” He says awestruck.

“Is it really ok that you’re doing what you are?” Junho asks worriedly.

Nichkhun pulls me to rest against him. “I never planned to take over or have anything to do with what my parents started, they’ve known that.” I say shrugging my shoulders. “Though they want me to, I just don’t have the heart to take all that on.”

“They didn’t mention you at all, was that your parents’ doing?” Wooyoung asks curiously, I nod my head. Wooyoung and the others all stare at me. “Your family is really amazing.”

I smile at him and chuckle. “My parents’ only did the interview to show that they’ll continue to be major players in the corporate world.”

“Noona, your family is like Siwon-shhi.” Chansung murmurs while staring at me, for a moment he looks confused, but smiles. “As long as we get to see you still I suppose that’s all that matters.”

“You’ll jinx it!” Wooyoung wails hitting the youngest playfully. “We don’t want anyone jinxing it for us.” He mumbles looking around like a mad-man.

“We have been instructed to drop you off at your apartment and then to report back to the dorm.” Taec says with a disagreeing tone. “Minjae-hyung was pretty serious about it.”

“I understand, after all you guys are big stars.” I tease them jokingly, squeezing Khun’s arm I look at him and feel relaxed. “I’ll see you guys at work on Monday, at lunch then I’ll tell you everything.” I mumble yawning.

“Then you get some rest.” Nichkhun mumbles into my ear. “We’ll be good for the weekend.” He adds to the others.

“Yeah, hyung will be with us, so no hanky-panky.” Junho adds cheekily, which the others heartily agree.


 

We're getting pretty close to the ending now ^^