Striking a Deal

Rebelling Heart

 

It wasn’t easy telling the boys about my mother being here and wanting to see me and even harder when I told them I would be seeing her. “Noona you’ll come back right?” Chansung asks nervously while we sit in the living room, I’m working on their schedules, Chansung is eating.

I want to nod my head to assure him, I want to say of course, but this is about my dad, this is about the possibility of him waking up. “I’m seeing her to discuss my dad’s condition, Chansungie I can’t really tell you how it’ll go.” I whisper looking up from my laptop. “I want to come back here, I want to stay here with you six; there are a lot of things that could happen.”

Chansung nods his head a bit sadly. “Noona I want everything to work out.” He mumbles resting his head on my shoulder. “I know it’s selfish, but I want you to stay here. I don’t want you to go tomorrow, I’m afraid.”

Patting his head affectionately I let out a heavy sigh. “I don’t want to go tomorrow either.” I confess quietly. “I’m terrified, I’m afraid of what she’ll say, of what will happen…” I say as Chansung takes my hand in his.

“Stay here tomorrow night.” Chansung says childishly. “It’ll be hard on you to be alone, right? So you can stay the night with us and it’ll make you feel better.” He says quietly. The corners of my mouth turn up at this; he’s really looking out for me. “Besides Hyung won’t ask, he’s really concerned too.”

“I’ll stay, thank you Chansungie.” I say happily, maybe this is really home, this is that kind of relationship where you can rely on them to just be there for you and it’ll make you feel infinitely better. “After this I need to go and make dinner.”

“We can order in.” Chansung says stubbornly, he’s moving so our legs are pressed against each other’s. “Right Hyung?” He calls, looking up I see Nichkhun watching us carefully. “We can order in and then you can spend some time alone with Noona.”

“We can do that, it sounds awfully nice.” He agrees walking over to sit next to me, taking my other hand in his he smiles at me comfortingly. “You look tired, are you sure you need to head home tonight?”

Rolling my eyes I rest my head on Nichkhun’s shoulder. “I’ll eventually have to live there more you know that right?” I ask the two of them, though I really don’t mind staying over the night here, I just think it’s wrong to abuse this privilege so much. “Besides my clothes for tomorrow are there.”

“After you finish we can go pick them up, and dinner, win-win.” Junho says coming in with Taecyeon both take seats on the other couch. Junsu and Wooyoung both emerge from the kitchen with water in hand. “That sounds good, and then tomorrow we can make something together, one big dinner before our diets get figured out.” Junsu says excitedly. “It’ll be the perfect way for us all to relax since we’ve all been busy.”

“It does sound nice.” I mumble chuckling a bit, maybe it’s because I want to be comforted and it’s like Taec pointed out, I think of this dorm with the six of these guys as home. “Alright, disperse while I finish Chansung’s schedule.” I say getting off of Nichkhun and helping Chansung up roughly. “Chansungie you’ll be busy filming for the drama you’re in, so no staying up late.” I command seriously. Making a call to Minjae-sshi to confirm the boys’ schedules and making a couple minor changes I hang up, Chansung and Wooyoung are both getting jackets on and heading towards the door.

“Hurry up Noona we’ve ordered dinner already!” Chansung says with a satisfied grin on his face. All I can do is shake my head at Chansungie as I get up, how can I possibly argue with that? Food has been ordered already. Getting up I pull my sneakers on then my jacket, and naturally Nichkhun’s hand takes mine.

“Do you know what time tomorrow you’ll be done?” He asks soothingly. Shrugging my shoulders in response, I’m a bit afraid my mother is using this to show that I’m still in the picture, I’m sure people have been wondering where I am and what exactly I’ve been up to.

“No, but to be on the safe side I took the entire day off, think you boys can make it?” I tease them light heartedly. “I should be back in time for dinner.” I say optimistically.

 

~~~

 

Arriving a few minutes early I’m seated at a table by a window that’s overlooking city, this morning I woke the boys up and ushered them out the door before I started getting ready, they were all a bit curious as to what exactly I would be wearing. A bit too curious, but then again they are my boys.

My mother thought it would be best to send me a fitting outfit, not at all surprising. In a dress box she’d sent me a very lovely sky blue dress, sleeveless and with lace adding a chic look to the top of it, a small pink clutch to pop the color accented with gold embellishments, paired with white piston short boots, I decided to wear my hair down with pieces of if pulled back on the sides, and my makeup done simply.

“I’m happy to see you still look presentable.” I hear my mother says after the first time in over a year since we last saw each other. “Though I wish you wouldn’t slouch so much, very unbecoming.” She says in an even tone as she takes her seat across from mine. My mother looks the same as always, stylish, professional and serious, a judgmental look on her face as she looks me over from her seat.

“I’m not here to play the part of a doll for you mother, I’m here to discuss dad.” I tell her sharply while biting back on a retort. “So please” I say gesturing for her to start.

My mother sits confidently while staring at me, darting from one thing to another, pursing her lips she lets out a disappointed sigh. “Honestly did you lose all the years of manners and etiquette?” Mother snaps at me, her resentful glare pierces right through me. “Alright, have it your way.” She says finally. “Your father is becoming more likely to wake up, I won’t deny you your right to see him, but I believe we should work out some conditions in exchange for being able to see him.”

I feel like we’ve just been walking in this huge circle, my stomach drops. “I will not be getting married to this person you’ve had picked out.” I tell her firmly. “I’ve made a life here; I lived according to your wishes for years. It didn’t matter how ridiculous the request was or what it was. I did what you asked for years. But mother, I can’t marry Mr. Chan’s son.” I finish up staring at her.

Taking a deep breath she stares at me hard. “If that is out of the question,” She says evenly, though I’ve known that look, she’s angry. “Then the condition is that you attend my meetings and plans for the next two days.”

I debate if this is reasonable, I nod my head finally. “I will accompany you, but I will have to make adjustments to my actual work schedule.” I tell her finally. “I’ll need to go in person; I can meet you after lunch then.” I tell her.

Nodding her head I get up from my seat to leave her. “I’ll send Henry to pick you up.” She says before I take my leave. “Be ready; and due remember your manners.” My mother chides me before I leave the table.

 

~~~

 

Arriving at JYPE I walk into the training room where the boys are, along with Minjae-sshi. Walking up to him I smile awkwardly. “I know; I’m here to ask for another day off, what I had planned for today is extending to tomorrow as well.” I tell him sighing heavily.

Minjae-sshi looks at me for a moment. “You’re not in any kind of trouble are you?” He asks wearily. “Because if you are, you know that you can ask for help right?” He asks me caringly.

Shaking my head I smile at him. “It’s just a family thing.” I tell him evenly, I’d ask for help if I could get it, but seeing as this is my mother we’re talking about that isn’t likely to happen. “I’ll stick around for a couple of hours before I head back.” I tell him smiling.

“Alright, they’re just lazing around here or with Ian for a while, after lunch they’re heading on their individual schedules.” Nodding my head I smile at him. “I’m going to get some coffee and to see Miyoung and then Ian, so feel free to laze with them.” Minjae-sshi says smiling at me, waving to me as he leaves the boys all surround me.

“Are you ok? What are you doing here?” Nichkhun asks beating the others to me, taking my hand he looks at me worriedly. “How did it go?”

Grimacing I shake my head at them. “To see my dad I’ll be accompanying her on her business here in Seoul for today and tomorrow.” I tell them shaking my head. “I’m not sure what time I’ll get back tonight, if she lets me leave her side.” I explain squeezing Khun’s hand. “I’ll be meeting her after lunch; she’s sending Henry to pick me up.” I tell them frowning.

“Henry?” Wooyoung asks confused, looking around at the boys I realize they did not grow up quite like I did, little things like a personal driver I forget.

“He’s my mother’s driver, he goes with her on all her business trips; he’s been with our family since before I was even born.” I tell them shrugging my shoulders.

Nichkhun chuckles, smiling at me and pulling me into his arms he kisses the top of my head. “You must have had quite the childhood.” He says teasingly. “Well since we get you until after lunch I think we can stand to just relax.”

“That sounds absolutely wonderful.” I murmur taking a deep breath. “Just don’t let this drive me crazy.” I whisper grabbing his shirt tightly. “I don’t want this to revert me back to how I was.” I whisper quietly.

“I would like to give Noona a hug.” Chansung says; Nichkhun releases me with an eye roll. “I think you look very nice.”

“Thanks Chansungie.” I mumble happily. “I think you look rather dashing as well.” I , and indirectly Nichkhun. “This color really suits you.” I continue on, Chansung is chuckling, releasing me and taking my hand he swings it while leading me to the window.

“I know what you need Noona.” He says suddenly while ignoring Nichkhun’s glare. “We should go get some ice cream.”

“I agree, and then we can go get some warm tea.” I add happily. “And some sandwiches, because that sounds really good.”

“I wanna go too.” Wooyoung says taking my other hand. “Or we could stay here while Noona and Nichkhun-Hyung go get it.” He says chuckling, looking back at him. “Noona he’s really worried about you.” He whispers while giving me a kiss on my cheek.

Both boys are pushing me towards their hyung. “So Chansung is dashing?” Nichkhun asks raising a brow. “Though I agree, you look really beautiful.” He says taking my hand.

Smiling I hold his happily. “Thank you, though you know I think you should know you’re quite the looker.” I say as we leave the room and head to the cafeteria.

“How do you feel?” He asks quietly as we walk the empty halls slowly. “You seem drained.”

I nod my head; resting my body a bit more on his arm I close my eyes, letting Nichkhun lead the way. “I am; I’m not sure how I tell my mother I’m not going to go back, and that I will not be taking her place in the future.” I whisper feeling my heart quicken its pace as Nichkhun wraps his arm around me. “She is still set on getting me to marry Mr. Chan’s son.”

“I hope you don’t.” Nichkhun coos. “I know it’s selfish, but I am absolutely positive I won’t be able to let you go to someone you’ve never met.” He says stubbornly.

“I’m glad to hear that, seeing as I’m absolutely positive I wouldn’t be able to even love him.” I say opening my eyes, looking up at Nichkhun I smile happily. “I came here so I could see you.” I whisper kissing his arm.

“I am incredibly happy to hear that.” Khun says leaning down to capture my lips, which he does so greedily. “Come back to the dorm tonight.” He mumbles against my lips.

“Convince me.” I whisper smiling at Nichkhun, staring at me completely shocked he lets out a laugh. “Something the matter?” I tugging free.

It doesn’t take him long to catch up with me, or to convince me, pulling me close to him Nichkhun kisses the top of my head, then my lips. “Stay with me tonight.”

 


 

 

Some stuff with the mother, she'll probably play
a bit more of an active roll, so be up for that.
So bascially...yeah. :|