Not Quite in a Platonic Way

Rebelling Heart

Since the final concert, 2PM has technically been given a break, though all Wooyoung has done is gone to headquarters to prepare for his new solo album coming out. I feel like it’s snuck up on me. Their separate schedules all their individual plans and everything. I’ve mostly spend time with Junho and Wooyoung and when I can wake him up early enough Chansung.

 

“Noona did you and Nichkhun get in a fight?” Wooyoungie asks during a break, he’s watching me carefully with that head of platinum blonde hair, he looks so dark now. “He’s been pretty moody recently.”

“What does a fight with me have to do with Nichkhun’s mood?” I ask him disinterested. “Besides I really don’t see why you guys are so concerned if we’re fighting or not.” I tell him leaning against a wall just watching the blonde man sprawled out on the practice floor.

“Noona, you should be nicer to him.” Wooyoung says in a light tone, like I’ve been mean to him recently, I’ve been nothing but nice. I don’t really avoid him. “Ignoring him and acting like you don’t hear him won’t solve anything.” Sliding down to the floor slowly, I stick my lips out in a very unladylike kind of way, more over childish really.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I deny feebly while trying to sound convincing, glancing at Wooyoung his face tells me he’s not buying it. “He’s the one who got mad.”

Wooyoung grins at me. “Hyung always gets mad first.” This is said like it’s an easy fact to get over like him getting angry passes as quickly as it comes, but honestly I don’t think that this is the case, I think it’ll be a while for Nichkhun to cool off. “Noona I’m not saying you need to apologize, but I am saying you need to talk to him.”

“Why?”

Chuckling Wooyoung walks over to me and bends down resting his elbows on his knees in a rather relaxed manner before he ruffles my hair smiling at me. “Because it’ll just sit and he’ll get angrier, though with you that might not be the case.” Sometimes I forget that they can actually act their age.

 

That was two weeks ago, Wooyoung had told me what to do, but I just couldn’t get the right time. Then again I know Wooyoung would just say ‘there never is a right time, you just have to go in and do it’. He’s been very supportive of the talk to Nichkhun tactic, him and the others.

According to Taecyeon when Nichkhun is in a mood like this he takes it out on the others when I’m not around. Apparently I’m a soft spot, that and I’m pretty sure the others would say a thing or two to him if Nichkhun seriously yelled at me or something.

Sighing I fold the laundry trying to figure a way out to just talk to Nichkhun, this was all so much simpler when Nichkhun was just him and I was just me. Nothing in-between, no Victoria, no awkwardly knowing my feelings for Jay and Jay’s for me, just two friends that talked about things that really didn’t matter.

“We’re awkward and honestly I miss talking to you.” Nichkhun says leaning against the door frame, watching me carefully like he always does. “If you’re mad at me I wish you’d tell me, if I did something you don’t like I want you to tell me.” He says sighing. If Nichkhun didn’t say that I’d have a hard time believing those words ever coming out of his mouth. Don’t get me wrong, He can be that sweet and nice cameras, fans or not, but it’s just this is more personal I guess.

“I’m not mad at you. You didn’t do anything.” I tell him quietly meeting his eyes before jumping slightly at the buzz of the dryer, pulling the clothes out and into a basket I set it down by a table and start folding and sorting the clothes.

“Do you not like me then?” He asks walking closer to me until he’s crossed the short distance to stand next to me and help me put the clothes in the proper pile for each of them.

Pressing my lips together I wrack my brain for a good answer, one he can’t misinterpret or know that I have a little crush on him. Finally I set Chansung’s shirt down and turn to look up at him. “I do. I like you.”

This pleases Nichkhun, greatly. “I like you too.” He whispers nudging me. “Can I ask you something?”

“Depends, I’m not running errands.” I say point blank, I may be their personal assistant, but I have my limits and personally after I do all their laundry I’m not exactly in a go out and either pick/drop something off or drive/pick you up kind of mood. “I already went grocery shopping and so help me if Chansung ate all the mangos again I’m going throttle him.” I say completely forgetting our awkwardness.

“It’s nothing like that.” He chuckles setting the last shirt in Junsu’s pile. “It’s advice.”

“On?” I’ll admit I’m curious. After all Nichkhun hardly needs advice on anything, maybe on how to not to be attractive or how to be unpleasant when he’s obviously charming.

Sheepishly he looks at me before sitting down on a chair near the door, turning to look he checks, I assume to make sure the others aren’t there to overhear. “It’s really on two separate things but not.” Khun begins. “How do you politely turn a girl down without hurting her feelings?”

“Are you going to see her again, or is this a more one time kind of thing? Or more permanent?” I ask him easily while taking a seat near his chair.

“I’d like a permanent solution, but I don’t want to hurt her feelings at all.” He says chewing the inside of his cheek.

Shaking my head I look towards the terrace, “You don’t.” I tell him honestly. “At least if she’s into you. You could come up with any excuse, but it’ll hurt on some level for this girl.”

“So then how do I tell her?”

Laughing I turn my attention back to Nichkhun. “I don’t know. You watch dramas right? Nicely, clearly and honestly; this girl has to know that you aren’t thinking of her like that.”

“So that leads to my next problem.” Nichkhun starts rubbing his hands together before looking up at me. “I was asked to take care of someone, but it seems like I just upset this person.”

Shaking my head I reach over and shove Nichkhun lightly. “It’s simple. Stop upsetting that person. Be the nice and caring Nichkhun that you can be.”

“The easy, just be nice?” He asks with a smile playing on his face.

Nodding my head I get up grabbing Junsu and Taecyeon’s laundry. “It normally boils down to something that simple.” I tell him shrugging my shoulders, now if only I could boil down my problems like that. Nichkhun takes his and Chansung’s. “Thank-you.”

“As long as we can go back to talking and hanging out.” He says smiling. “I really do like being around you.”

Laughing I nod my head. “I missed hanging out with you too.” I tell him easily, walking further down I set their things on their beds.

I would think someone said it was time to talk it out to Nichkhun, but knowing him it was all Nichkhun. After all out of these boys Nichkhun probably has the most sense. Heading back up the stairs I run into Nichkhun in the laundry room. “Forget something?”

“Nope, just thought we could keep talking, you know hang out some.” This is said casually, but something in me is saying there is another motive here. Nodding my head I gesture to Wooyoung and Junho’s clothes. “I’ll be here.”

“I’ll be back.”

Trying to figure what Nichkhun could want, but then again he did say he just wanted to talk. I shouldn’t read into it like that, after all obviously Nichkhun already has a soft spot for someone. That irritated me, but oh well. Carefully setting the clothes down on the respected owner’s bed I quickly make my way back to the terrace.

“Don’t forget Miyoung and her team will be coming over to get you guys ready for the award show.” I remind Nichkhun while looking at the alert on my phone. “Kay?”

“Got it.” He says grinning. “Have you seen Minho since we’ve been back?”

Nodding my head I take a seat next to him. “We had dinner together a couple nights ago. He introduced me to this girl he likes.” I say shrugging my shoulders.

“Did you like her?” Shrugging my shoulders Nichkhun responds by rolling his eyes. “You and Minho are best friends. Your opinion matters even more since you’re a girl.”

“Why? If he likes her like her; I’m not going to stop him.” I say indifferently propping my legs up. “What?”

Shaking his head Nichkhun studies me a moment. “We only introduce a possible girlfriend to our friends when we’re trying to decide to be serious or not, guys are like that. We want our friends to like the girl.”

“Did you do that with Victoria?” I ask curiously.

Scoffing Nichkhun lets out a laugh. “No, it wasn’t like that with her. Victoria is nice, but it wasn’t like that. I don’t like her that way.” Stopping he peeks at me. “I gave it away didn’t I?” He asks quietly seeing my smile spread, the advice was to turn down whatever Victoria has been begging him to do.

“Pretty much, but I don’t really see why. She seems pleasant enough.” I comment lightly.

“Liar, you’re doing that thing you do when you lie.” Nichkhun gloats, pointing at me foot, sending him a look he grins. “You shake your left foot when you lie; you do it a lot when guys ask you out or when you tell fans we’re not someplace we are.”

Puffing my cheeks up I nod my head thoughtfully. “Do I really? I guess I can’t play poker with you.” I joke smiling.

“Chansung pointed it out” He says simply, “I’d noticed it before but I hadn’t thought anything of it until Chansung said you do it when you talk to some of the other interns.”

“Creepy Taejoon” I say simply nodding my head, I’d told Chansung a weird intern on the film crew had been asking me out, Nichkhun has an amused expression. “What? He’d asked me out a few times.”

“As I recall clearly, honestly and nicely right?” Khun semi-quotes me with a very smug look, though a hint of annoyance in his tone. “Does he still bug you?”

Shaking my head I smile at him cheekily. “I finally told him I wasn’t interested, and he’d asked if there was another guy.”

“Was there?”

“At the time, technically yes.” I say quietly, I’d forgotten this was when I’d been with Jay. “Soon after though there wasn’t.”

“Do you miss him?” He asks quietly.

Nodding my head I smile happily. “Though I don’t think it really is a matter of missing him or not, loving him or not.” I say lightly, resting my hands on my lap I smile at my feet, “I’d have regretted leaving you all. I’m pretty sure I would have had to come back to see everyone.”

Nichkhun was about to say something, but Chansung came bursting into the room and dove into my lap. “NOONA I DIDN’T DO IT!” He screams pulling me up to hide behind me.

Bewildered I glance at an equally confused Nichkhun, as I’m about to ask what he didn’t do Taecyeon bursts in with what looks like yogurt and a banana smashed on his forehead. “YAH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!”

Sighing I guess this is what Chansung didn’t do (though I have feeling he was directly involved). “Why do you have food all over your face? You’re getting ready soon.” I say in a disbelieving tone, though I really shouldn’t be surprised. Taecyeon would be the one to have to take yet another shower. “Hurry and wash up; Chansung the kitchen better not look like that.” I say threatening.

“No, just his face” Chansung says warily. “Did you and hyung finally make up?”

Scoffing Nichkhun playfully hits (though it sounded like it hurt a lot more than either is leading on) Chansung on his shoulder. “We weren’t that bad.”

“Yeah two weeks isn’t bad.” He says jumping back. “We should get down stairs. Hyung will be here soon.” Chansung comments grabbing my hand and tugging me behind him. “Did you guys talk it out? Wooyoung and I have been trying to get him to talk to you for a while now.”

“Yes,” I say surprised, Nichkhun doesn’t really do what the others always want him to, they are all so head strong, the easiest one to get someone to do something is Wooyoung, and that’s only if it isn’t too stupid or overly embarrassing. “Anyways is Miyoung-Unnie here yet?”

“She’s coming with Hyung.” Chansung explains rubbing his shoulder.

 

Watching the boys step out of their rooms in various stages of readiness I chuckle seeing Nichkhun struggling with his tie. Swatting his hands away I easily fix the tie for him. Seeing his amazed face at how easily I put it on I explain. “I helped my dad before.” I murmur.

“Thank-you.” He mumbles back “Aren’t you going to get ready?”

Nodding my head I head over to Miyoung, taking the dress for me I smile at her thankfully, Minjae-sshi was already in his suit. “You better hurry.” He says thoughtfully.

Quickly changing into the bright red lace topped dress, the hemline to my knees, hugging my waist and flowing out slightly giving me a modest look, quickly doing my makeup accordingly I step out hurrying to let Miyoung do my hair. “Ah I always love dressing you up.” She coos as I walk over to her barefoot. “I can’t wait until you get married then I’ll get to dress you for your wedding!” She cheers happily

“Noona you’re getting married?” Wooyoung asks confused by this.

“No, but I’m just saying, she’ll look fabulous.” Miyoung says clearing it up for him. “No need to look so strange. I mean your precious Noona will get married.” I feel my stomach drop; I’d already be married by now and no doubt miserable. Miyoung lets my hair stay down in a very fashionable way, and does my makeup simply. “You look so pretty.” She coos letting me look.

“Noona are you sure you’re not an idol or model?” Junho asks stepping closer to me, with an intern fixing his hair.

Chuckling I nod my head. “I couldn’t. I’m much happier seeing you all up on stage rather than me.” I say heading to the door with a small black clutch, slipping on my heels I pick up my things for the boys before waiting with Minjae-sshi in the entry hall.

“You look pretty.” He says chuckling. “Careful not to attract too many people” He jokes handing me a list, and the places where the boys are supposed to be, the car and everything, and more importantly where I’ll be. “Once we’re inside we’ll be in the back, we’re taking the back entrance.”

“Right and then afterwards where do we meet?” I ask him reading through the checklist.

Minjae-sshi chuckles again, “You’ve already attracted attention kid.” He says nodding over to Nichkhun and Junsu. “But we’ll get in the car and pull up to the front to pick the boys up.”

Waving to them I smile. “Miyoung didn’t go over board did she?” I ask worriedly, I shouldn’t draw too much attention to myself. “Should I change?”

“You will not.” Miyoung calls from the other room, does she have super-hearing? How the hell can she hear over all the noise in the apartment for a whisper? “It’s hard to dress down a pretty little thing like you and it’d be a shame to do so.”

 

Standing with Minjae-sshi and the other mangers I smile and politely make conversation with the people around me. “Who is this Minjae?” Another man asks stepping into our small circle, gesturing to me.

“This is 2PM’s personal assistant, really though she acts like one of their managers.” He jokes patting my back.

I eventually make my way over to Miyoung to be more comfortable. “Hey.” I say happily hooking arms with the stylish coordinator. “What ch’ya doing?” I ask.

Chuckling she pats my head, then fixing a couple of stands. “Just hanging out, I heard you made up with Nichkhun; I didn’t know you two were fighting.” She whispers so only we can hear.

“We weren’t fighting; there wasn’t anything to fight over.” I whisper back. “Besides why would we?”

Miyoung chuckles shaking my arm slightly, pointing discreetly over to where the boys are, talking with plenty of other idols casually, Nichkhun glances at me and smiles when we catch each other’s eyes.

Smiling back I nod in acknowledgement. “You like him.”

Shocked I pinch Miyoung lightly. “Don’t, you have not been talking to Minho.”

She gives me a knowing glance. “I’m friends with Min too. Look you can deny it but be careful doing that. I don’t want you making yourself miserable by doing that. I mean you didn’t think you had a chance with Jay, but why wouldn’t you?” She asks me softly. “You’re a great girl with a wonderful personality and looks to boot.”

Nodding my head I smile at her. “Thank-you.” I mumble blushing lightly.

Junho strides over to us, offering me his arm he smiles. “I want you to meet some of our friends Noona.”

Nodding my head I glance at Miyoung, she in turn pushes me gently. “Go wow them.”

Chuckling I hold on to Junho’s arm. “Do not leave me.” I command nervously.

“Don’t bite your lip; you have nothing to be nervous about.” Junho whisper pleasantly, guiding me over to a mixed group of men and woman I bow kindly.

“Omo, is this who you’re all always raving about?” A very gorgeous girl asks smiling at me. “I’m Tiffany, they tell us you’re from America.”

Nodding my head I introduce myself to the group of people, who I now know is made up of Girls’ Generation, SHINee, TVXQ, Beast (B2st) and Super Junior.

Meeting all of these people in such a formal way is so nerve-wrecking; I’m not really sure what to think besides how nice they all are.

Eventually I end up talking casually with Nichkhun (my stomach is doing flips) and Yonghwa, from CNBlue, about my (little) knowledge of Korea and its music industry.

Nudging me away Nichkhun and I end up sitting at a table in the dining room with some other idols and managers talking idly waiting for the time to come for us to all head home.

“You look nice.” Nichkhun compliments me.

Blushing I smile at him, “Thank-you, you’re not too bad yourself.” I shoot back.

Chuckling he nods his head. “You know, I really do like you.”

“I like you too.” I say back feeling my blush die away.

Nichkhun shakes his head lightly before tapping my head lightly. “I like you a lot. Not in the platonic way.”

Blushing I look down completely surprised. “Yeah?” I ask quietly, if I thought my stomach was going crazy then, now I must be well past crazy to whatever it is that is past crazy.

“I do.” He whispers calmly.

Biting my lip I peek up at him, Nichkhun is looking at me waiting, I wasn’t sure what to say, sure I like him, but is it the right thing to say? I mean then what comes? What do we do then? I have no idea. “I may have a bit of a crush on you.” I confess feeling my cheeks burn, crush? Really I couldn’t say I like you back too. I sound like a stupid love struck student. And where the hell did that sentence even come from and why did it just come out of my mouth? Isn’t this bad? I mean…GRAH.

 

I do like Nichkhun though; it should have been more obvious to me, right? The reason why I felt so awkward with Nichkhun when I first arrived here, why I was confused, but it makes sense. Although I'd met Jay and had a relationship with him, I’ve always had that inkling of infatuation for Nichkhun, the heart flutters, butterflies and whatnot weren’t just Jay, but Nichkhun too.

 

 

 


 

I've moved the story forward!
I feel proud of myself, I know this is technically a day late, but
I figure since I still have another chapter planned out for this week (possibly another one too) it was ok
that and I was busy catching up on my dramas yesterday. XD
I've said this a lot I know, but I still have a lot planned out,
and we're still only in the semi-middle/late beginning.
Yeah, I have that much to add on still. c:

 

COMMENT ANSWERS:

It is very possible there will be a confrontation between all three characters, but I'm not sure when
I'd write that in. c:
See part of the problem is that my bias is actually Chansung and Junho, not Jay or even Nichkhun, so I sort
of favor them, and I'm trying to balance it out a bit. That's why I write Chansung some nice parts, at least I think so
I really just like him. I need to give Taecyeon some parts, I haven't really given him anything thing
since they played go fish, I think. Oh wells... Look forward to that, I shall give him some
more parts, hopefully funny/amusing/bondingtime/anythingtraeally.

 

<3
Comment? Subscribe?