Sneaking Out and Rooftop Promises

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS 

 

Reya POV

 

“He’s not going to like this Reya-ah”

“But he won’t know, will he?” I intelligently asked back, “That’s the whole purpose of sneaking right?”

His sister rolled her eyes and gently nudged the back of my head. “Idiot”

“Only when it comes to your brother”

“I know”

I grinned at her and got back to ninja mode, stealthily hiding behind the mannequins and the arrays of suits.

“You know this doesn’t serve the purpose of surprising the both of you Reya”

“He doesn’t know how my dress is eonni”

“Oh you’re impossible”

I stuck my tongue at her.

“Ahh noona, what on earth is Reya wearing for this not to match hers?”

Something that you will never expect me to wear, my love….

Through the gaps between the clothes I peeped to see Jaejoong sulkily give back the dark purple shirt back to the employee. Biting my lip, biting myself to not make any sound that’ll bust me, I quietly stayed in position.

“At least tell me the colour of her dress noona!”

“Is that question number 3?”

“Yes”

“Gold and green” She informed, “You have two more to go bro”

“Eonni, are they-”

“Yes, they’re playing 5 questions now”

I swallowed back my giggle and continued to spy on my fiancée. Damn it! I’m turning into a sasaeng now!

“What type of dress is that?!”

“Is that another quest-”

“NO!”

“Eonni” I whispered to the sister by me, “Is my choice too much?”

“What nonsense!” She whisper-snapped, “Here, I was thinking to make you wear that when you walk down the aisle without the reception.”

“He can’t match that though”

“Just wait, Jaejoong will always find what he wants” She leaned closer to whisper the rest, “Especially if it concerns you”

A rather shy mile broke between my lips, something that always comes when I am teased using Jaejoong. Watching him disappear from my line of sight I stood up straight. “Let’s go” I decided

“Why?” She asked, following my stance

“Let’s just say that I want him to surprise me” I responded

“Suddenly?”

I stuck my tongue at her and turned, making sure to drag her with me before we get busted.

 

 

Jaejoong arrived at home around an hour later. The little one was busy watching cartoons while I was whipping something for dinner. Within seconds I felt him hug me around my waist and oddly sniff my scent.

“What on earth are you doing?” I asked, quite confused and equally spooked by his actions

“You smell nice and fresh”

“So you turn into a doggie and sniff me”

“Whof! Whof!”

“Idiot”

He kissed my cheek and let go to disappear into the room. I got back to cooking and finished it within the next 15 minutes.

Tonight, dinner was by the television on the floor table. Sophie tool the biggest space while the both of us sat opposite to each other.

“Heyri-ah, look at your food and eat” Jaejoong nagged. I simply looked at the little one sulk and stare at the food instead of the television. Gently, I reached to caress her cheek, making her smile immediately.

“Eat” I gently ordered and turned the television off. Jaejoong had his eyes on me the whole time and oddly continued to look at me, completely ignoring his food. “What’s with the looking Mr. Kim?” I asked as I took a bite of my food

“Nothing” He smiled, and continued to eat.

 

Sophie was given a wash after dinner. I made her pack her school bag, readied her clothes for school and arranged her bed. A shadow lingered by the door frame and later entered inside. Sophie giggled as he began to tickle her while I placed her pillow in place. I left the two on their own and walked to Jaejoong’s and my room to have a wash. Only when I came out after the wash did I notice that Jaejoong wasn’t in our room, but was still with Sophie, sleeping. The little one was fast asleep on his arm while he was hugging her like his personal teddy bear smiling in his sleep with one leg almost out of the bed.

Smiling at the sight, I shut off the lights, carefully closed the door and went to my room. I tried to sleep but for some reason I just couldn’t. Too many things happened today – it was tiring both physically and mentally, particularly when the little one cried that didn’t want us to have a child. Oh, and Min Young!

Especially that woman!

She still loves Jaejoong and wants to split us. In her eyes, I know that she sees me as a home-wrecker, a boyfriend stealer, but I can’t do anything about that. If we were to play the blame game, then Jaejoong would be the one to get the “ALL HIS FAULT” arrow pointing towards him.

Worse, tomorrow was their press-con together, which is something I am not particularly eager to experience. To be frank, I hated it when he told me that he was working with her, and I was genuinely hurt when he hid it from me. A part of me doubted his sincerity, coming up with scenarios of him getting back with her but I pushed those thoughts away and lived on. Today though, seeing her in their workplace stirred something within me. I am feeling rather threatened by her, I always will because, as she mocked today, they do look good together.

 

Plus, given that I broke their oh-so perfect relationship, why can’t another break ours?

 

Yes, I am to marry him, but hey! This is the 21th century! The era where marriage doesn’t bound a person to another forever!

 

The fact that his freshly pressed clothes for the press-con are literally seen through the opened closet door is getting me uneasy.

Why must he, out of all days, want to sleep with the child today?! Urgh! I want him by me now!

My eyes were heavy. Checking my phone, it showed 11:15 pm. But my thoughts were somehow keeping me awake.

 

Opening the main door, I headed to the rooftop. I have always loved rooftops especially when I have to think. For some unknown reason, being someplace high helps me feel that the problem I have is something small. I climbed to the highest place an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter