So, Are We Dating?

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Do listen to this song while reading. This perfectly describes what Yixing is trying to tell Reya :) Nah, it's just me high on my Hunter Hayes feels

 

 

Author POV

 

Breathing deep, Yixing knocked on Reya’s door. Kailaash opened it. He frowned looking at the Asian male.

He first assumed it to be Jaejoong but immediately realised that it wasn’t him. He was nothing close to the pretty faced idol whom Reya showed him when she was the crazy KPop fan in her teenager years.

“May I help you?”

“Is Reya there?”

“Yeah, do come in.” Yixing smiled at him and got in. “Ray, your friend” He turned to the idol plastering the what’s-your-name-again questioning face.

“Lay” He answered

“Your friend Lay is here”. Sitting opposite to Yixing, he asked the usual question “Lay is a very unique name.”

“That’s what people call me. My birth name is Yixing”

“Chinese?”

“Yep.”

“You have any connection to that Jaejoong dude who was living here?”

“Umm. Well both of us are KPop idols”

“You’re famous too!” He nearly yelled

“Woman! When did you become a celebrity magnet?” He turned to Reya who just arrived.

“Told ya I’m awesome.”

“Whatever, I’ll be with Soph. Nice meeting you Lay” The two men shook hands and Kailaash left

“That’s my pain in the cousin. So whatcha doing here?” She sat on the same chair where her cousin sat

“So about that day’s talk. Can we go out and talk?” Lay looked at her expectedly

She swallowed her spit. She hoped he would have realised that she wasn’t the one but it seemed otherwise. She looked at her clothes

“That’s ok. Not going anywhere fancy. Just the local starbucks” Yixing smiled

“Kailaash, I’ll go to starbucks and be back! You want anything?”

“Not for me.” He yelled. “Soph wants ice cream though!”

“Obviously!” She rolled her eyes. “Let’s head off.”

He bought two ice cappuccinos and got into the car.

“So what Lay?”

“Let’s give it a try.”

“You want to date me?”

“Yep.” Lay sipped his coffee. “I know the odds are against us. But I want to give it a try. We may not end up together but I still want to give it a try.”

She bit her lip. “Lay, this is..”

“You have all the right in the world to be hesitant.”

She sighed. Reya didn’t want another idol in her life. Jaejoong was enough trouble for her. But looking at Yixing’s sincerity she couldn’t help but be happy that someone from the same position as Jaejoong actually saw her as a woman.

“I don’t want this ge”

Yixing felt like he was thrown into an endless pit.

“I had a time with Jaejoong. I don’t think I can bear any more heartaches.”

“Ray, what are you saying?”

Yixing grew alarmed once she stressed the word “heartache”

“I don’t plan on you know, dating someone I don’t know.” He frowned.

“You know me”

“I know you as a celebrity. Not as a person” Reya immediately justified, saving herself from blurting out about her feelings towards Jaejoong

But her explanation only helped him desire her more. She was everything what he wanted for his girl to be.

“Let’s get to know each other then.”

“What?”

“Let’s get to know each other. Let’s hang out.”

She was speechless. There was a part of her feeling proud that the EXO member is desperate to make her his.

But here was this sudden sadness when the thought that she wasn’t what Jaejoong expected as his girlfriend.

She sighed a laugh. He coffee nearly spilt. Nathan’s words rang in her ears. She had been thinking about Yixing’s confession. No, she doesn’t want to get involved with any more celebrities but she was desperate to not think of Jaejoong. Yixing was the only person who made her forget him. Giving him a chance was, according to her, the most logical way of thanking him for saving her from being a love sick, sad girl.

“Worst case, we fall in love and not end up together.” He laughed at her mumbling.

“Or both of us realise that this isn’t love but just a mere attraction.”

“You’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter