Opening Up

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jaejoong POV

 

I had the perfect morning.

It was nothing but perfect.

Reya was beside me, wearing my clothes, hugging my pillow (sadly not me), sleeping like an angel.

Quietly scooting to her, I rested on her pillow admiring her sleeping physique. Her tears have dried but the strains are visible. Urgh! I hated her crying.

What was she thinking? That I didn’t hear it? That I was sound asleep? She is hurt and it is on those boys and I’m going to skin them alive once I get my hands on them. But I need to know what actually happened. Most importantly, she has to come back to her old bratty, witty self.

I sneaked closer and gently tilted her face towards my direction. Slowly, I leaned to kiss her tear strained cheek bone hoping that it might soothe her pain. This was the first time I saw her cry and god! It broke me.

A small smile crept from the corner of her lips and she threw her hand around me. I gladly pulled her to me.

“Reya” I brushed her hair back and gently tapped her cheek “Wake up jagiya”

“5 minutes” She mumbled throwing her leg over me.

 

Pillowing my hand, I looked at her. Her inner hand is milk white, small yet perfect eyes, cute nose, her lips perfectly outlined in dark brown naturally. She doesn’t need lip liner at all. Flawless skin. One small birthmark on the corner of her neck. She has another on her right hand. Her ears pierced once, unlike me. I sighed a laugh. I wear more ear rings than her. She hardly paints her fingernails, always in their natural pink. Though her toe nails are painted black. Her feet are very fair too.

 

But no, my happiness didn’t last long. Her phone rang. I turned towards the bedside drawer and pulled her ringing phone with the tip of my fingers. I groaned as it stopped ringing the moment I got my hands on it. Nevertheless, I pressed the power button and the phone lit up. 

70 missed calls from god-knows-who.

Kailaash wouldn’t call her when he knew she was with me. So it had to be those boys. I breathed in a calming breath and turned to place her phone back when it rang again.

Moose calling

I sighed a laugh. My gut feeling was right. It was Chanyeol.

I eyed the sleeping girl and back at the phone. Reya groaned, hugging her pillow and I answered the call.

“REYA!” He yelled “Oh! Thank god you answered!" He exclaimed "Do you know how worried I was when you didn’t answer me since last evening?”

I decided to remain quiet.

Chanyeol sighed “I deserve the silent treatment Reya-ah, but please believe me. I never thought Yixing will react like that. His behaviour was unacceptable.”

I glanced at Reya. Did she cry because of Yixing?! Has he hurt her?!

“But Reya,” He paused “He did it because he loves you.”

HE. JUST. DID. NOT. TELL. THAT. RIGHT. NOW.

“Just think twice ok? I know that you know Yixing is right for-”

“Reya is asleep Chanyeol.” I interrupted his love letter on behalf of that snarky fox “I’ll let her know that you called”

“Jaejoong hyung?” He sounded shocked yet it was a whisper.

“Reya is asleep” I her hair, “I’ll tell her that you called. Is that ok?”

“She’s with you?”

“Good bye Chanyeol” I ended the call.

I clenched the phone hard, looking at her. What on earth did he do to shake her up? I breathed a long, deep breath to control the wave of uneasiness that overtook my body. My jaws clenched and I bit my clenched index finger hard eying her. I felt it, the rage that he behaved wrongly to my girl, the jealousy that that jerk confessed to her.

I leaned to her and kissed her forehead, lingering on her skin for some time. I shut my eyes feeling myself calm down almost instantly.

“Is this your way of greeting a good morning?” She softly questioned.

I swallowed my spit, abruptly pulled away and scooted back to lean on the headboard.

“Your phone” I mumbled as I gave her the device making sure to not meet her eyes.

I felt her fingers graze my palm as she held her phone. All I could do was to clench the bedsheet controlling the electrical surge within me.

“Had a nice sleep?”

“Yes”

“You prefer the usual coffee or juice?”

“Anything” She smilingly replied as she scooted to lean on the headboard. She eyed herself and later mumbled “I guess I should head back” in a low tone.

“Don’t” I snapped back. There is no way I’ll let her set foot on Nathan’s doorstep when Yixing will most probably be waiting to trap her.

“But I have no clothes to change”

Her eyes followed me as I scooted out of bed

“I have the habit to buy clothes for my sisters” I paused as I headed to my walk-in closet.

I pushed my clothes away to reach the inner shelf where I have been stocking clothes and everything I bought for Reya. It was a simple knee length causal summer dress that caught my eye the other day as I was browsing for clothes online. I thought it would look good on her, so I ordered it along with my clothes.

“I happen to have bought some for you.” I continued as I re-arranged my shirts to hide my crazy doings.

 

SILENCE

 

Breathing deep, I turned to see her sit on the edge of the bed, smirking at me.

“You had clothes and yet gave me yours” She raised her brows.

“Well..” I bit the corner of my lip. Breathing deep, I confessed “I wanted to see how you look in my clothes and I kinda forgot about the clothes until now” I smiled cheekily walking towards her.

“So” She stood “How do I look in your clothes?” She exhaled, smiling at me.

“Lovely.” I stood opposite to her. “I don’t mind if you wear my clothes forever”

She glared at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter