The Inevitable

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Author POV

 

People grew impatient to know of what was happening with Jaejoong. He had wrapped up his last concert, informing his fans that the next concert would be in 4 months. The fans grew silent knowing the reason behind his mini-hiatus

 

His marriage

 

But it was inevitable. He had chosen his girl, lived with her and is living with her despite their constant complaints.

 

Then again, thanks to this relationship of his they got to see a side of Kim Jaejoong they hadn’t seen before. They were well aware of his love to children and his care towards Heyri was nothing but another video for them to fall in love with him all over again. But to see him step out to protect his woman when the world brought her down, crushing all rumours and talk within just a 15 minute conference, that too doing it personally than through the company. Kim Jaejoong showed the world that he was more than a playful, jovial, luxurious pretty boy. He was a man capable of risking anything for the woman he loved. They’ve witnessed how he holds onto her, where he holds her and how serious he becomes whenever fans linger around them. They learnt that he loved this woman more than he dared to admit, that maybe this wasn’t just a whirlwind romance created after attraction from living together, and that forced them to give up.

 

If only his friend didn’t die, they would be his number one until now. He would always would have been theirs, just theirs, always theirs.

 

But would they?

It was easier said than done.

 

Seriously oppa? Should you actually be crazy enough to marry the woman whom you introduced to us in just 6 months? Did you not learn anything from Song Joong Ki?

 

Questions raised as to why his fiancée hadn’t supported him in his concerts, especially his last one before his marriage. Comments flared around criticising her for not being a supportive girlfriend. After all, Jaejoong had escorted her to her graduation at Seoul National University and cheered for her when she was presented with the degree. He mentions her every now and then in his constant random banter online, the most famous of his was when he posted a picture of the Spanish night sky captioning it with ‘The distance is killing me and then it hits me that we are after all living under the same sky.’

 

Corny, cheesy and pathetic were her replies via a whatsApp call – something which the fans never knew.

 

So to the fans, she was a rude girlfriend who didn’t even bother to reply, let alone like his post.

 

Despite their comments on his girlfriend Jaejoong continued his playful antics with them – his s actually increased more than reduced. Was it a desperate attempt to keep his fans by him? No, he says. It was mainly because lately he has been feeling rather hot during performances.

 

Now why was it?

 

Well, he says a certain someone invades his thoughts during certain songs and it is, you know, getting him hot.

The Japanese MC was at a state of shock with his truthfulness and then went onto a fit of laughter.

"It would have been better if she came to your concerts then, wouldn’t it?” He raised his doubt, “Or not…” He added once his brain came up with unnecessary scenarios.

“Well she wants to come as a fan but I want her to be there as my girl. She said no and I never gave her a ticket”

It was revelation after revelation to the world. Something new about Jaejoong’s possessiveness.

“And she didn’t come to any of your concerts?”

“Well she challenged me but I didn’t accept it… Because I know I would lose and will be made to do something I really don’t want to”

“Like?”

“I can’t answer that to you because I never challenged her in anything”

Another fit of laughter filled the studio. They’ve just learnt something new about Reya and their very friendly relationship. 

“So you are really going to marry your fan after all, aren’t you?” He questioned after having calmed down

“Well… I’m not her favourite” Jaejoong pointed out.

“That must hurt you”

“It did” Jaejoong admitted, “Until up to the moment I learnt that Changmin wasn’t her favourite singer, but just her favourite KPop artist”

As usual Jaejoong made everyone in the studio heartily laugh. Promising his fans that a new album would be released in both Korean and Japanese, with a content smile he drove back to his apartment, later to the airport to spend his Christmas holiday in Reya’s hometown.

 

That was the last his fans heard of him. Besides an occasional tweet or post on some random 4D thought of his not an update on his marriage – until up to the moment they spotted the family at the airport.

 

 

Their ceremony was a simple one – it was held at the same Church their friends tied the knot and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter