A Fool In Love

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Author POV

 

Laura carried little Heyri who was adamant to not leave Reya’s side. Junsu pushed Jaejoong inside seeing him not move but stare longingly at his girlfriend’s sleeping state. Heaving a deep sigh he walked to her. Reya was still unconscious though her vitals were all normal. Jaejoong gently caressed her hair, down her tear strained cheek. The longer he looked at her, the more he teared. The doctors informed that she should wake up by now and Jaejoong grew impatient.

No, he was scared. He was scared that she would leave him. He dreaded that moment when Reya would snap at him and tell him to get out of her life.

But her unconscious state was killing him. He’d rather get scolded for hurting her than watch her in the state he is seeing her.

Gently, he sat by her and thumbed her palm around the needle that pricked her vein. Tears burnt the brim of his eyes.

“Jagiya” He whispered softly “Just wake up, will you?” He pleaded.

Yixing stared at Jaejoong unable to understand what he was thinking. The moment he overheard Suho telling the rest about Reya, Yixing hurried out to the hospital. He wasn’t thinking about anything but wanted to check up on her. Now he is hit with an unbearable amount of pain watching the girl he thought he’d spend the rest of his life with, being called another man’s family.

Then again, Reya was Jaejoong’ family before Yixing’s first encounter with her.

Was he the one to come between them?! Wasn’t he thinking the other way around?!

Yoochun and Junsu were keenly observing EXO’s Zhang Yixing rest his head on the door frame and stare longingly at the patient. The both of them shot a completely unimpressed look at Changmin, who nudged Yunho to pull Yixing out before any trouble starts. Yunho being the kind gentleman he is known to be, hissed at the maknae to keep quiet. Changmin rolled his eyes and joined Yoochun and Junsu.

“Yixing-ah” Yunho held onto the younger idol’s shoulder. “Please give up on h-” Yunho bit his lip watching Jaejoong bite back his tears.

“I just wanted to check up on her” Yixing cut Yunho off

“We have no objection for you to wait for her” Yoochun stepped forward “Only if Jaejoong hyung is alright with that”

But Yixing’s gaze was fixed on Jaejoong caressing every inch of Reya’s body. He gently pushed back her hair, her forehead, down her cheek to hold onto her chin. He sighed hard, pushed himself behind and rested his head by her chest. Yixing’s eyes widened and pang! His heart burnt watching Jaejoong run his hand down her chest. Yixing’s hands clenched and he abruptly stepped in but was held back.

“Like I said before, you can stay here but not disturb hyung be with his woman” Yoochun warned in a threatening whisper.

Yixing shot him a glare and looked at Yunho expecting him to come to his aid but instead met Changmin’s poker face and Yunho’s smirk. Yixing was out of words. So it is true that they’ve meeting secretly I see… He thought to himself. Rumour has spread that the five met up the day Jaejoong and Reya were spotted coming out of his Lamborghini but none could confirm it.

“You’re in deep trouble if the agency knows about this hyung” Yixing muttered sitting by Yunho’s side.

“So are you” Changmin countered.

Yixing rolled his eyes and leaned behind, intensively looking at the ward opposite to him. No, he hasn’t gotten over Reya yet and looking at Jaejoong sob is making him angry. Oh he wanted to push Jaejoong away from her but he knew he was no match against the other four. Junsu brought some drink bottles and passed onto the friends, including Yixing. He later stepped inside to give one to Jaejoong but found him sleeping, resting his head on the bed. It was past 10 at night and they too were very sleepy.

“Hyung” Junsu stepped to Yunho “Why don’t you go before someone spots you?” He eyed Yixing. “I’ll let you know once she wakes up”

Changmin nodded understandingly but Yunho couldn’t leave. It was a very long time since he had seen Jaejoong cry and that broke him completely.

“What about hyung?” He asked Junsu. Yixing was keeping a close eye on the former members.

“Asleep holding her hand” Junsu smiled weakly.

Changmin understood Yunho’s behaviour and fished his phone out.

“Ahh noona, can you please cover us up tonight?” He asked “Yes, tell them that we crashed in your place to babysit your child”

“We’re staying, with our hoodies on” He stated, adjusting his hoodie. Yunho sighed a laugh and threw his arm over Changmin’s shoulder. “Oh, don’t get all mushy on me. I’m doing this for my hyung and my fan”

Yixing could only scoff, which Junsu didn't fail to notice.

 

 

Around 50 minutes later, Reya’s eyes opened. Her blurred gaze fell on the white wall and the cold air the air conditioner let out. She breathed in a long breath and reached for her glasses.

That was when she realised that she wasn’t alone. The familiar warmth around her right hand made her heart pace. She knew it. Oh, she knew who was by her side.

Hesitantly Reya turned. Her eyes met the wall straight ahead. Her gaze moved south and she was greeted a heart-breaking sight. She squinted her eyes and pushed herself to sit up straight for her to take a closer look at her man. She was alright but the lack of food and fluids made her weak. Her shaking made Jaejoong stir. Reya immediately reached to caress his hand that enveloped hers. A smile formed in Jaejoong’s lips and he made himself comfortable by her hips.

Her eyes glossed looking at him. This was why she didn’t want him to know about her illness. She knew he’d leave everything and be by her side.

Truthfully speaking, Reya needed him. She was scared but she knew Jaejoong would be the one to hurt the most watching her get treated. The last thing she wanted was to be a burden for him and there he was sleeping in the most uncomfortable position, with a reddened nose and a tear strained cheek.

Her quiet whimpers gradually loudened to hiccups and she gently patted his hand.

“Oppa” She called for him in her feeble voice. “IIeona”

Changmin snapped from his sleep and opened the door. He sighed in relief watching her awake but his heart sank at her tearing.

“Aish, this hyung is sleeping like a log” Changmin gritted his teeth looking at Jaejoong’s back profile.

He held onto Yunho’s thigh and gave it a good shake to wake him up. Yunho woke up from his daze and shot Changmin a f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter