Sudden Dates

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS! Font in purple is spoken in English. The rest is in Korean

 

Reya POV

 

It just another day after work. After having a wash, I was sitting on the couch. I miss Jaejoong around, but I guess I got over him. Now I don’t tense or sweat whenever he calls. The first few weeks I rejected all his video calls too. But that’s not a problem now. These days I’ve been interacting with Yixing a lot. For the past month or more we’ve been chatting a lot. Every morning I wake up there is some message from him. At times he wakes me up too. When one left me, I got another to hang out with. But still no one can replace Jaejoong; he’s Soph’s guardian and my first love. I guess Lay is one main reason why I got over Jaejoong. He completely distracts me from me thinking of Jaejoong and for that I’m eternally grateful.

Soph came to me to show her maths homework. Right after I checked them the bell rang. Opening the door, I was greeted by someone totally unexpected

“Hi Ray!” He beamed showing is dimple

“Lay. What the hell are you doing here?”

“Surprise I guess!” He bit his lip.

“Where are my manners? Come in” I opened the door to let him in.

After serving him something to drink he went back to his usual scratching the back of the neck

“So Ray, I was thinking may be, since I’ll be here only for a week, you know” He bit his lip. Where is this talk going? Breathing deep he looked into my eyes “Can you go on a date with me?”

“Come again?” Did I hear it right? Zhang friggin Yixing asked me out?

“I came to ask you out on a date” He gulped the whole drink in one go. Placing the empty glass on the coffee table. “So, yeah.” His lips were a thin line. “You ready?”

“Ready? It’s not like you want me to come now right?”

“Yeah, like right now”

“Now?” I leaned to him. “Right now?” He nodded three times. “Geez, thanks for the head up man” I smiled controlling the urge to roll my eyes.

“Still sarcastic ha?”

“I was born this way”

“Good. I like that. Now go change”

“Already bossy ha?”

“I was born this way” His smirk caught me by surprise. He’s more than what meets the eye. Nice!

I looked at Laura who winked at me and mouthed to say yes.

Having no other option, I stood up “Give me 15 minutes. And don’t expect me to doll up. That isn’t me”

“Perfect. The more casual, the better” He rubbed his hands on his thighs.

I headed to my room.

Wait for it……

The door opened. “OH MY GOD! LAY JUST ASKED YOU OUT!!! REYA, MY DARLING! THIS IS JUST AWE-”

I covered with my palm “He might hear you L. Just help me choose something nice.”

“Your wish is my command sweetie”

 

Yixing POV

 

From the day I left her I kept on think about her. Yes, we chatted online but I just wanted to ask her out on a date. I was thinking she’ll come to Korea with Jaejoong but since that didn’t happen, I took the next flight to America the moment I got a break. Mom will forgive me for not visiting her. She will. Hopefully. I laughed listening to her friend freak out. I expected Ray not to freak out because it’s Reya we’re talking about. Well it seems that there is at least one normal human in this house. But I have to say she looks amazing, completely changed. She isn’t the girl I saw. That tank top perfectly showed her flat stomach, her arms look firmer. I can’t wait to have a dance off with her now.

“Where are you taking Ray?” Meet little Miss. Detective, now quite taller.

“Somewhere”

“Where is this somewhere?” Wow, I feel like I’m talking to Ray’s mom

“Somewhere where I can get to know her more”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter