The Beautiful Nightmare

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Reya POV

 

What the hell is this big eyed man with the killer jawline doing in front of me?

Yes, he’s the living life force out of me.

 

It’s been six days since my parents spoke to me. My mother scolded me for the first time in my life for hiding my three months with Jaejoong from her. I was the pride of my family and now, they don’t want to talk to me. I admit my mistake. It was wrong to hide such an important detail from them. But I had no option.If I had told them, given their strictness, they would have forced me to leave the US. I want this child to grow up the way Anne wanted and I know that Nathan can’t manage on his own. He hasn’t gotten over her death despite his playful appearance. If it were a boy he would have managed but he doesn’t have the patience to take care of a girl. Laura is a lovely lady but she doesn’t understand Sophie at times.

I want to be genuinely friendly with Jaejoong without bickering with him but I’m scared. I’m scared that he’ll realise that I fell hopelessly in love with him like every other girl he meets. I’m not sure why he broke up with Min Young but I’m sure everyone thinks that I’m the reason. I felt it the other day when his makeup artist hinted at me congratulating for winning the grand prize, a.k.a. Kim Jaejoong. I didn’t understand at that time but it struck me like a wrecking ball after Junsu called me beautiful. But I’m nothing close to Min Young. I don’t have a nice body, I have thick arms and thighs. Jaejoong dressing me up for the ball was the first time in years when I applied makeup. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have changed my dressing habits. I know I look pleasant but I’m not very beautiful. People say I have a baby face and a lovely smile. But, there is no way a man as breathtakingly beautiful as Jaejoong would like me. I know where I stand - I am his means to get close to the child bcause she still loves me the most.

 

I breathed in a relieving long breath to act the usual me. No, he should never know of my feelings towards him. I have to focus on Yixing, who likes me for who I am.

I've been keping an eye on the girl who came into the restaurant behind me. She was sitting to my right trying hard to not eat the remaining food on her plate. I mean, she has been staring at her plate for like 5 minutes.

Well, that’s not my problem

But he is my problem.

 

“Answer my question. Do you see me as a brother?” He fed Heyri a small piece of my food.

Which girl in her right mind will ever consider Kim Freaking Jaejoong as a brother?! I was being sarcastic because his apparent ex-girlfriend mocked at me like I stole him from her. This beautiful nightmare seems to have lost his ability to differentiate sarcasm.

“Do you see me as a sister?” I asked him back.

No, I don’t like how her ears perked. I eyed her. Feeling him smirk at me from the corner of my eye, I looked at him raising my brows.

 

“I love you Reya”

 

That girl coughed out the water she drank. But I couldn't care about that.

 

What the fudge did he just tell me now?!

 

I need to clear my mind. I mean, “I love you”, he just told that to me right?!

I felt my pupils dilate and I found it difficult to breathe. My stomach knotted, somersaulted and did all the possible acrobatic stunts in the world. I felt light headed, unable to bear the sudden rush of my blood to my brain. Don't get me started with my heart. I think it just reached a new record in the number of beats per minute.

 

How can he just spit such delicate words out of his mouth?!

Yes, he might have told that to his million fans countless times but why did it have to be me?

Why is he confusing me?

 

I need my family – my mom, dad and Kailaash are more important. I promised them that I’d leave Jaejoong. But what is this new nonsense? He loves me?! KIM FREAKING JAEJOONG LOVES ME?! I was petrified staring deep into his eyes praying that he was serious. I was dreaming for this day for the past 6 months and I’m finally living it. But am I responding? NO! I’ve turned to stone. My head was so full of blood that I felt that it was about to explode. I believed his words that I reached to pull my phone out and break up with Yixing at the very moment.

 

That was when I realised that I haven’t gotten over him yet, that I'm still pathetically in love with Kim Jaejoong.....

 

But then I saw him smirk at me. It felt as if I was stabbed into my heart multiple times. He was joking. He was joking with me. It took all my control to not cry at the moment. How much am I to cry because of him?! I cried on the day he left, on the day I realised that my love was for naught that I fell for a man who was taken and I’m trying hard not to cry now because he is playing with me. I don't care about feelings and emotions but that doesn't mean I don't feel them?!

“What’s with your stunned reaction?” He asked, raising his brows.

I was praying the whole time that he wasn't joking. I don't want a romantic, mindblowing long confession. I never wanted that. All I ever wished was to find someone who'll love me as much as I love him and be with him until the day I die. They say that first love doesn't fade away but I never expected my first love to tease me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter