It’s High Time For The Truth

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS! Font in Purple is spoken in English

 

Reya POV

 

I feel really bad for Lay. He’s really friendly with me. I’m starting to like him a lot too. Now the whole of EXO treats me like their sister. I can’t keep on hiding the truth about Jaejoong and me to him any longer. I texted Lay :

> Hey, you free tomorrow?

Around 5 minutes later:

> Why are you asking?

> Just, so free for lunch?

> You wanna eat with me?

> No planning to eat you for lunch

> Am I friends with a cannibal?

> About time you realise it Mr. Zhang :P

   So, you free or not?

> Um free. Our filming is only in the evening…

> More filming?

> Exo’s adventures in America

> Lame title. I’m not gonna watch

> I’ll make you watch it.

> Whatever... See ya tomorrow.

> See you Ray :D

 

The next day

 

Jae and I dropped the kid at school and then headed to my office. When I was about to get down,

“Ray, I’ll pick you up. Try to come out a little early, by around 4..”

“Why?”

“You have the dance tonight.”

“You seem to be more excited about it. Why don’t you go instead?” He frowned “Ok. I’ll be down by 4. If I get scolded from my senior, I’m killing you.”

It was noon, Lay texted me where he’s waiting for me. I arrived at the restaurant. I might get poor eating here. Once our order arrived, we started to dig in. Occasionally we crack a joke.

 

Yixing POV

 

“So Lay…” I looked at her. My breath quickened looking at her lip biting.

“There’s this thing I didn’t tell you.”

“What?” Stop biting your lip Ray!

Unable to bear it any longer, I reached to her lip and pulled it out of her teeth’s grasp. Good Lord her lips are soft. She was stunned at my actions. I immediately pulled back and scratched the back of my neck. Why am I acting like this?

Clearing , “Lay, Nathan’s girl isn’t the female guardian of Sophie” I looked confused. “I’m her guardian.” My eyes widened.

“W-What?”

“My parents were not ok with me being the guardian. So we decided to not let my name out to the Korean media so Jaejoong provided them the picture of Soph with Nate and Laura and they think she’s the guardian.”

Taking a deep breath she continued “I know you must be startled. I never thought we’d become close. I hate lying to the people I care about so I decided to tell this to you. I’m sorry for not telling this to you Lay. I’m very sorry.”

I had my suspicions, especially when I heard Jaejoong’s voice that day. JAEJOONG!

“What about Jaejoong?” She looked confused. “Are you living with him?”

She nodded. My mind went blank. The one thing I never wanted to happen has been happening since the day I met her. She is living with a man, looking after a child together.

“If you want to stop being friends with me I understand. Your career is more important, I-”

“My career and my friendship with you are different things.” Standing up “But can you give me some time to think, this, this is a lot to process.”

“Yes, sure. Take as long as you with Lay.”

I dropped her at her office and headed back to the room. This is a lot of thinking. Will her relationship with Jaejoong and my friendship with her interfere with my career? Hopefully not.

 

Reya POV

 

No, I did the right thing. He deserved to know my connection with Jaejoong. It hurt me seeing his shocked, sad expression

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter