One Year Anniversary

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Oh thanks handsome *kisses*

Yep, on the lip. Don't get jelly now :P

  I LOVE YOU JJ :) AND CHANGMIN ESPECIALLY CHANGMIN AND JAEJOONG OBVIOUSLY JAEJOONG  

Oh shoot! I'm typing nonsense

Kekekekeke

Enjoy :)

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Jaejoong sat on the soft soil and gazed ahead.

“It’s been a long-time Hyun-ah” He softly smiled. “How are you doing?”

The wind softly blew his blonde hair.

“I take that as a yes then” Jaejoong smiled, his eyes shut enjoying the slight breeze. “Ohh, it’s very cold” He complained rubbing his arms “You are warm down there right?” He inquired.

“Heyri will come see you with Reya but I came before, you know… To have a man-to-man talk” Jaejoong explained “We usually talk everything so I came to give you an update”

He then noticed Anne’s grave beside her husband’s

“I’m not ignoring you sis. I’m sure Reya has her list of stuff to talk” Jaejoong pacified “But then again… She isn’t that much of a talker about feelings, right?” Jaejoong mumbled

The leaves ruffled once more.

“Eomma was not very happy at us bringing her to see you, frightened that she might get psychologically affected but I couldn’t leave her at home.” Jaejoong sighed hugging his knees “I did the right thing, didn’t I?” He verified hopefully, his eyes fell over the branches expecting his friend to reply through the trees.

But Jaejoong didn’t have the patience. He had more important news to break.

“Hyun-ah see” Jaejoong stretched his palm to the grave “I’m finally engaged” He beamed “And guess who is my girl?” He grinned “Yep, it’s Reya”

Jaejoong managed to clear his schedule for his friend’s one year death anniversary. Plus, since Reya’s birthday is on the following week, he was persistent to take her somewhere special. 

“What were you thinking when you made me a guardian Hyun-ah? To mingle my life with Reya?” He pondered. “I’m not complaining man. I thank you for that. But I’m just curious”

“Did you think I’d fall for her? Because you always threaten me to find a woman else you’d force me to marry one of your choice…” He continued “Is Reya your choice Hyun-ah? Because I have fallen for her” Jaejoong confessed with a smile “Each day I spend with her I only fall harder for her” He blushed.

“I love her smile, her kindness, those cheeks of hers, even when she becomes a brat and doesn’t listen to me I fall harder.” Jaejoong admitted. “I hate it when she talks back but I love it too. I hate it when I have to step up as a father than her boyfriend yet that I what I want to be too….” He narrated. “Aish!” Jaejoong ruffled his hair “I don’t know what she is doing to me Hyun-ah!” He breathed out “I am crazy about her. So crazy about her”

 

 

Little Heyri’s hold over Reya’s hand tightened as the sight of the cemetery came into focus. She remembers that this was where she last saw her birth parents and it scared her. She was scared that she would cry once again because she doesn’t want to be seen as a cry baby. She was informed as to why they were going back to her birthplace beforehand. It was only after her consent; the plane tickets were bought. Eventhough Jaejoong and Reya do a good job to fill up the void in her, there are moments when she misses her mother’s touch and her father’s goofy grins. She keeps such desires to herself and resorts to hugging Reya tightly, since she sees her mother in Reya. Jaejoong hates her barging into their bedroom and shoving herself between him and his woman because the nights are the only time when he could freely be with Reya.  At times, he complains but Heyri wouldn’t budge. Reya is her property firstly and later belongs to Jaejoong. Since darling appa tends to forget where he stands, loving daughter makes sure to remind him. And Reya, well, the poor girl gets diplomatic living dangerously without getting in the bad side of her little angel and the love of her life.

Reya noticed Sophie’s sudden tense aura and asked Nathan to stop the car.

“You guys go ahead. I need to take a breather” She informed. Nathan understood her reference and headed into the cemetery, leaving Reya and Sophie in the main road.

“Why stop here?” Sophie questioned

“I don’t know…. I want to walk with little Soph” Reya cautiously replied and leaned to her height “I need some alone time with only you and not Jaejoong.” She continued with a genuine smile.

The little child felt very grateful. “Yep, he is butting in every time” She seconded and laced her small fingers with her best friend/mother.

Having being informed where his family went, Jaejoong decided to give Nathan a private moment with his sister. He was not far away, keeping a close eye on his two precious ladies have their little moment, smiling when Reya carried Heyri so that she could pluck a peach leaf.

“There is one tree like this besides mommy right?” Sophie muttered while twisting the petiole of the leaf.

“Yeah…” Reya softly replied still hating the reality that her friend is no more.

Heyri breathed in a deep breath and faced Reya. Her small arms wrapped around the older girl’s neck and pressed her cheek over Reya’s cheek.

“Take me to mommy Ray…” Heyri softly whispered. “I want to see my mommy”

Reya’s stomach twisted at Heyri call her with her name for she usually calls her eomma. She wasn’t sure why but she felt as if Heyri had grown distant even though she is tugging onto her like her life depended on it.

Breathing a deep calming breath Reya brushed away the unnecessary unnerving tremor in her body. Gently caressing Heyri’s hair, Reya replied “Alright princess. Let’s go see mommy”

Jaejoong stepped out once Reya walked past the cemetery gates and gently caressed Heyri’s cheek. She craned her neck to see his soft eyes filled with nothing but love and reached to touch the bridge of his nose. Nathan and Laura were all smiles at the sight, the former getting too emotional at this state

“I don’t think I could look after her as lovingly as they do L… I wish I had a friend who would sacrifice everything like they did to Steve and Anne”

Little Soph let go of her iron hold over Reya and got onto her feet. Hesitantly she turned towards her uncle and her eyes fell on her parents’ grave. How would it be for a six year old to see her parents’ graves? We wouldn’t know, but Sophie blankly stared at the tombstones that had her parents’ names engraved. Not a tear was shed and she was just looking at her mother’s and father’s names. The faint memory of her father call her and her mother laugh whispered over her ears and she finally began to experience the sorrow that she seemed to have put aside thanks to Jaejoong and Reya’s undying affection towards her. Oh-so-slowly she bent down towards the nourished soil, her one hand held onto the tips of Reya’s fingers tightly. It was as if she were scared that once she touches her mother’s grave, that she would be drawn to her birth mother and lose her hold with Reya. Jaejoong came to his daughter’s aid by squatting to the ground and sitting beside her. He threw his arm around her shoulder and gently caressed her arm. Heyri let go of her hold on Reya and pressed her both hands over the sand. This was her touching her mother. Her silent hiccups now loudened and her eyes finally opened the floodlights…

 

The ride back to home was very silent. Nathan was driving with Laura sitting shotgun while Jaejoong was beside Re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter