Unexpected Calls

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Reya stared at the Chinese idol in shock. She gasped at the force he pulled her to him and he took the chance to brush his tongue over hers. A wave of sadness hit her. What was he doing right now, forcing himself into her life. She wasn’t sorry for herself that she was being mistreated but she was apologetic towards him, towards the situation she put him into.  Was he so in love with her that he cannot let go? His soft plump lips moved over hers, them as his tongue tasted her. She wasn’t moving but was staring at his teary shut eyes. But no! This wasn’t right. She clenched the hem of his t-shirt, pulling it as a gesture stop the madness he was doing. She was unable to push him away when his strong arms were wrapped around her body.

The whole of EXO was literally in stone shocked at the caring Zhang Yixing forcing himself in her life, holding her cheeks to facilitate his kissing. Yixing couldn’t stop his actions. She tasted so sweet that he wanted more. The back of his mind sounded the alarm that he was hurting her physically and mentally but he just couldn’t stop. Do Kyunsoo, unable to watch his atrocious actions pulled him from her. He groaned biting her lower lip in the process. The moment they were split, she grabbed her sandals and ran out barefoot.

“What the hell was that?” Kyungsoo yelled pushing him to the wall “You can’t just kiss her like that?!”

“What do you expect me to do when she is leaving me?! Give her my blessings?!”

“You scared her darn it! Now you have no way of winning her heart!”

 

 

Kailaash was staring at his phone. Reya had told him that she was going to break up with Lay and he was waiting for her call. Ajmaal, who had come home for the holidays, sat beside the tall boy and peeped at the screen

“Nothing yet?” Reya’s best friend asked

“No Aji” Kailaash sighed deep “It’s past two hours now and I’m starting to get uneasy”

“That’s not good” Ajmaal mumbled

Maybe since they grew up together, Kailaash and Reya had the connection that twins usually had. Once when Kailaash fell off the stairs in school, Reya who was in America felt that something was wrong to him and called him. She ended up leaving her school and flying back home to take care of him.

“I know man.” Kailaash sighed “Am I to call Nathan?”

But Nathan wasn’t answering his call. He was busy at work, helping Shinee for their comeback.

“On to option B” Ajmaal browsed through the contacts “I’m calling the Jerk”

“No”

“Too late, it’s ringing”

 

Jaejoong was enjoying a shot of whiskey, staring out at the city from the glass walls of his hall. The memory of him kiss Reya’s cheek was on constant replay and he was grinning like an idiot. Ajmaal’s call snapped him out of his train of thoughts.

“Hey man, long time since we spoke” Jaejoong greeted him

“Jae, hey, yeah man” Ajmaal faked a laugh “So, um, Kailaash wants to talk to you so, yeah”

Jaejoong was caught by surprise. He immediately sat up straight and readied himself to speak as calmly as he can. Well, he had to impress his in-laws and Kailaash is the biggest barrier between his dream of marrying Reya. Oh he had no idea of her parent’s thoughts of him yet…

Ajmaal pushed the phone to the glaring Kailaash who had no option but to talk to the ‘jerk’

“Hey Jae” Kailaash scratched the nape of his neck

“Hey Kailaash” Jaejoong cautiously spoke.

“I didn’t mean to disturb you out but I had to call you”

There was a short pause. Jaejoong drank the contents of his drink in one go and walked inside. He was strangely feeling uncomfortable at the talk.

“Is Reya with you?”

“No” He answered immediately “Why don’t you call her-”

“I did” Kailaash sighed hard. He stood and walked to his room. “I did a lot of times Jae. She isn’t picking it up”

“Maybe she’s washing”

“Then either Soph or Laura might have answered”

“True” Jaejoong mumbled. “But she usually forgets where she leaves her phone”

Kailaash sighed a laugh. Jaejoong indeed knows Reya too well. But now that she wasn’t with Jaejoong, he was more uneasy.

“I thought maybe she’s busy bickering with you and maybe didn’t hear the phone ring” He mumbled, his voice shaky and worried.

Though Jaejoong found Reya’s cousin rather cute, he did come to the conclusion that the boy was too protective of her. She is an adult who doesn’t need to inform him what she is doing every hour.

“I didn’t speak with her from noon and it’s eating me up Jae”

Then again, no thanks to Jaejoong, she is famous. And oh his fans love to surprise him in unbelievable ways.

In ways he didn’t like at times.

Panic struck him when the thought crossed that sasaengs might have gotten hold of her. He walked to the room to grab his jacket.

“Did she tell you anything?” Jaejoong questioned while wearing his leather jacket.

“Just that that Chanyeol wanted to meet her and-” Kailaash paused. Reya had told him that Jaejoong didn’t know of Lay and her and Kailaash had just blurted out something that he shouldn’t have.

Jaejoong stopped wearing his jacket. “Park Chanyeol? From EXO?” He verified

Kailaash hit his head hard for mumbling something he shouldn’t have. But Jaejoong knew it had to be Chanyeol from EXO. Placing the phone on his right ear, he resumed to wear the jacket. Now that he did spit it out, Kailaash decided to tell him.

“Yes. It’s the EXO dude.”

All that Jaejoong wanted at the very moment is to find her and take her far from those boys.

“Where did she say she was going?” He wore his shoes “SM? Their dorms? Someplace else?” He grabbed his keys and opened his door.

“She just said that she was going to meet them because she promised him.”

Jaejoong wore his Bluetooth headset.

“Jae, do you think she’s in trouble?” Kailaash asked, scared that Yixing might have not taken her breakup lightly.

“I don’t know but I’m going to get her.” Jaejoong shut the door and headed to the elevator “Don’t worry.”

Maybe it was how sincere he sounded, maybe the fact that he was an idol and yet he was willing to find Reya, Kailaash was strangely relieved.

Maybe Jaejoong wasn’t a bad choice for her after all…… The thought did cross Kailaash’s mind.

“Thanks man. I had no one else.” Kailaash unconsciously smiled as Ajmaal stood in front of him “But you be careful too”

Ajmaal was genuinely shocked. Kailaash had always scolded Jaejoong whenever an article of Reya surfaced the internet. Yes, that was trouble for her since her parents are strict but Ajmaal found it too extreme because he had witnessed Jaejoong’s sincerity towards Reya. Ajmaal smirked, mentally congratulating the idol for winning the boy's heart.

A smile unconsciously formed in Jaejoong’s mouth. Oh he found Kailaash too similar to Reya- acting all heartless and headstrong, yet is a secret softie.

“I will be.” Jaejoong pressed the button to the basement

“Good.” Kailaash mumbled.  “And I'm sorry for troubling you.”

“Don’t mention it. She is my responsibility” Jaejoong eyed the elevator pass the fif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter