Mixed Feelings

My Friend's Death Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English

 

Author POV

 

Completely annoyed by their Chinese member, EXO is having a meeting. The topic of discussion being “What the hell is wrong with Yixing”, though they knew that the reason is a certain girl named Reya. Yet the conversation proceeded.

“What is with Yixing?” Baekyun asked

“Reya seems to have told him something about Kim Jaejoong” Chanyeol replied

“Please don’t tell me that she is in love with him” Kai groaned

“No. Something else…. Something that we don’t know.” The taller male answered

“You know he can’t act like this tomorrow during filming.” Suho spoke

“We need to talk to him.” Chen proposed

“I have a better plan” Sehun smirked.

 

While Oh Sehun was letting his fellow members know what his evil plan is, the two apparently secretly dating couple slash co-guardians are on their way home. Jaejoong driving the car while Reya is sitting in the passenger seat looking through the window. Both are secretly glancing at each other, trying to start talking but they don’t know what to talk about. Jaejoong is mentally thanking his dead friend for bringing Reya to his life. He finally enjoyed without bothering about media, fans and scandals, though the back of his mind is expecting something about them to be posted online very soon. Will that start unnecessary talk? Yes, but he didn’t bother. Maybe he wanted to be seen with her, maybe he wanted the talk to start, maybe he is fedup of reading about Yixing’s behaviour towards her.

He is completely annoyed reading about Yixing’s stage shenanigan. Completely.

He wanted everyone to know what their actual relationship is. He wanted to bash every online article for the unnecessary rumours.

 

He looks at his date look at the street. He controlled the urge to hold her hand. He stared at her hand that was tapping on her thigh according to the radio’s beat. The light turned green and he drove ahead.

 

Reya can feel Jaejoong’s gaze and it is disturbing her. She likes him look at her and that is disturbing her. She still feels his every touch, him holding her close, dancing with her, especially when he held her hand. She looked at her left hand, later clenching it. She later looked at some of the photos they took together, her smile widening at each photo is looked at. No matter how happy she felt, she started to panic that she is letting Jaejoong into her life too fast. She isn’t an idiot to not realise that she has started to like him a tad bit too much than expected. No she doesn’t want anything romantic to bloom within them for she has no chance with him. In her eyes, Jaejoong came as a friend because she didn’t have someone. She intends to keep him only as a friend, though her heart has started to yearn for him. Then there’s Zhang Yixing who is growing closer to her as well. She is confused as to why the two idols are suddenly growing closer, as to why she is letting them break down her walls.

Jaejoong’s heart paced looking at Reya bite her lower lip. Though he was drunk, he remembers how soft her lips were and how much he enjoyed his lips on hers. Kim Jaejoong has completely forgotten that he has a girlfriend back at home waiting for his call. He hasn’t called her ever since he kissed Reya.  

“Jaejoong-ssi”

He hummed back focussing on the road.

“Thanks for coming today. It means a lot to me.”

Biting the corner of his lower lip he smiled. He was happy that she liked him be there for her and that she broke the ice. Especially for speaking out. He strangely was wanting to listen to her talk, instead of the music played on the radio.

“And sorry for not asking you to be my date.”

“So you wanted to ask me?” He wanted to hear her say yes.

“Yes”

His slight regret for acting rashly, completely ignoring what those who recognised him were talking flew away. Reya liked it. He was happy that he made her happy. He was happy that he was the reason to her smile.

“You’re the best date I ever had, even better than Nate”

“Yah! Stop being so polite. If feels weird.”

It did feel weird for he wanted to hold her hand, hug her close, if she permits, kiss her lips once more.

“No worries, this is a onetime event only”

He has finally started to see Reya as a woman, a beautiful woman whom everyone thinks to be his girlfriend. Once part of him felt uneasy how their interactions are misinterpreted while the other is jumping in joy, urging him to get closer to her, to be more intimate. He is glad that he is the reason for Reya’s change but feels anxious at the same time. Though the choice of words to explain his feeling might be wrong. Is he anxious of his actions or is he jealous that other men were admiring Reya? Yes, he was jealous when one of her batch mates asked her out for a date and was annoyed that she didn’t reject his offer, instead simply replied “We’ll see.”

No, he doesn’t like what she is doing to him.

He d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter