All ::09::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"The concert is in 4 hours!" Luhan shouts, knowing that most fans line up even 5 hours before the concert even starts. Considering these are Kai fans, there will obviously be more than 200 fans screaming outside of the building with Kai merchandise and passing out stickers, banners, and whatever they have to offer to the fans. "We need to beat these fan's merchandise with our own style, Deerhun!" The excited Luhan amazes Sehun who is just sitting on Luhan's living room couch with a glass of soda, sipping on it peacefully.

"Sure, what would you like to do?"

"Let's make posters!"

Sehun wants to spit out his Coke because of what he just heard. Luhan is a terrible cook, and Sehun knows that — nope, everybody knows that. Even Luhan knows that! Sehun doesn't have a way to react from the outburst as he feels the need to cover it up by doing something else. No way is he going to hand Luhan glitter, markers, construction paper, and scissors. Luhan can't even handle a slice of cheese without ripping it to shreds before putting it on his food. 

"Um, how about we—"

"I'll go buy some stuff. I'll be right back! The grocery store is just a few blocks from here. If I don't get back in an hour, call me!" Luhan finishes, waving to his boyfriend as he exits his apartment. All he wants is to make something great for Jongin to show appreciation of his hard work and dedication of stepping onto that stage. Sehun feels empty from seeing his boyfriend leave the apartment to get craft supplies. He's too nervous to know how Luhan's poster is going to turn out but he doesn't want to say it. He wants to be a supportive boyfriend who will accept whatever Luhan has to offer. Slapping his face from the disappointment in himself, he lays down on the couch after setting down his glass of Coke on the coffee table. 

All he's been thinking about is Luhan. Not his deer head, not Hansol, but just Luhan. The way Luhan reacted after learning his past and the way Luhan cried from thinking he was going to be given up; it hurts him to know that Luhan was crying because of him, but he is more hurt to know that he hasn't told Luhan the whole story of his past. He wants to move on with his life and become the person he wants to be, but the way his past is pulling him back, all he can think about is how Luhan may respond to such information. Desiring to know whether he should keep it a secret or tell his beloved is difficult to separate. A joyous relationship for both himself and for Luhan are the things he's motived to have. If his past takes that away, it'll only be left in devastation.

Before he knows it, his eyes close from his deep thinking.

 

"Deerhun! I got the stuff!" Luhan cheers as he enters his apartment with two plastic bags in his right hand, full of supplies like construction paper, scissors, glitter, glue, and staples; also with 2 large posterboards in his strong, left hand. "Sehun . . ." Luhan spots his boyfriend on the couch, sleeping peacefully with his arms crossed while laying straight. Placing the bags on the ground beside the coffee table, he walks over to his sleeping boyfriend with a light grin. Bending down to get a closer look at Sehun's sleeping face, his grin only becomes wider but it disappears once he feels a set of lips attach to his. Sehun pulls back immediately with his content face. "I thought you were sleeping." Luhan's face is turning more red by the second, but he holds it in so he doesn't embarrass himself even more than he already did.

"If you yell that loudly when you walk through the door, people can't stay asleep, Deerhan," responds Sehun as he sits up in order to see what Luhan has in those bags. The secretive grin that Sehun has is too obvious from how adorable his boyfriend is. The way Sehun is trying not to smile so enormously has Luhan wanting to slap that crooked grin off his face from the embarrassment he's having. "What were you going to do while being so close to my face?"

"Shut up!" Luhan shouts without making eye contact with the fellow and getting back to where he started which is the plastic bags and posters. "Let's finish these in an hour, okay? Jongin is our friend, and the least we can do is make something for him." Luhan sets his bottom on the wooden floor an begins unpacking the bags, setting the tools and supplies on the table, still feeling flurried from Sehun's surprise kiss.

Sehun returns to the reality of making posters with his boyfriend which is a bad idea considering how Luhan is horrible when it comes to creating things with his hands. The way Luhan holds the black scissors up to his face scares Sehun because of how extreme it looks. Holding it like it's a toy and nothing dangerous, Luhan cuts up a piece of red constuction paper, trying to make the letter K without messing up. Sehun wants to be a good boyfriend and let Luhan do what he wants, but he feels like that's a terrible idea.

"Lu, be careful. You're going to hurt yourself," Sehun says as he grabs a posterboard and a piece of yellow construction paper. Luhan just smiles at Sehun with warmth of knowing that Sehun is worried. He is smart enough to know how to handle scissors and glue. Although he thinks that, in reality, he can't even cut paper in a straight line. His letter K looks more like the letter has been burned and turned into a W. After the letter K has to become an A for spelling the name 'Kai', but his A looks more like a H. Luckily Luhan can cut up the letter I, but the way it's crooked and has too many unusual curves on the side makes it look like a squiggle more than an I. As Luhan creates his amazing poster, Sehun sits across from him with his artistic talents from his graphic designing job, easily making the poster without any faults.

Luhan looks over at Sehun's from time-to-time, only letting himself be way more insecure than he needs to be about his own poster. If he had to pick one word that describes his poster, it'd be (compared to Sehun's).

"You're really good," Luhan compliments as he taps a small tube of pink glitter onto his poster feeling slightly down about what his looks like. He's envious of Sehun's talents while he only can solve math problems. 

"Thanks!" Sehun ruffles Luhan's hair as he thanks the guy and gets back to designing his poster. Right then, they both hear a loud tune coming from Sehun's phone, and Sehun hurriedly pulls it out of his pocket. His eyes widen once he sees that it's his boss of his designing company. "Hello, sir."

"Sehun! I have some great news. You remember the design you had for the Gummy Bean advertisement poster?" His boss questions him, and Sehun answers with a yes, remembering the design was inspired by Luhan right before they started dating. "Well, the company is selling a crazy amount and your poster is going to become their main poster for their company. Since that has happened, many other companies have seen your design and want you to make posters for them. Are you up for the job?" The amazed eyes Sehun has confuses Luhan who can't hear what is going on between the caller and his boyfriend.

"Y-Yes! Of course!" Sehun agrees while nodding along in excitement because he's finally gotten a real assignment that's hardcore. 

"Awesome! Tomorrow, you're going to have to come to the main building to get more information. I know I let you stay in your apartment, but this is a really big assignment, Oh Sehun. We cannot slack off on this one. These companies are asking for you and that's a big deal. So, come to the office tomorrow and we'll discuss your needs, alright?"

"Yes, sir!" Sehun approves while standing up, leaving the call as he now faces his boyfriend with sparkling eyes and motivation. "Luhan! Luhan! Luhan! Remember when you were freaking out about that girl that came to my apartment? And you remember when we told you that she only came because of a graphic assignment I needed help on?"

"Um, yes," Luhan answers as he tries to process why Sehun is completely out of range from his composed behavior.

"And the graphic I made was inspired by you, remember? Well, the company I made that graphic for is making it their main poster and more companies have seen the poster, and guess what? They want me to design things for their companies which means I have some of the biggest assignments in my company!"

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, Hun." Luhan tries to calm to guy down before he starts jumping up and down more than 2,000 times. "You mean the graphic you made is being recognized? That's amazing, Sehun! All of your hard work is being paid off!" Luhan stands up along with the excited male who is smiling his heart out. To see such a bright smile on Sehun's face brings such joy in Luhan's heart because the smile is sincere and warm. "You deserve it! I'm so happy for you!" Sehun goes right into a hug towards Luhan and tightens his grip around Luhan's waist which has Luhan laughing brightly from his boyfriend's behavior. 

"Let's celebrate by going to Jongin's concert and screaming our hearts out." Sehun releases Luhan, grinning from ear-to-ear. The smile Luhan has on his face only brings more happiness into his veins as he watches Luhan nod lightly in agreement. 

 

Jongin sits on the edge of the stage with a water bottle in his right hand after practicing a few numbers for the concert. These past few days, he hasn't even seen Kyungsoo for more than 20 minutes and hasn't even had quality time with him. The life of an idol is harder than anyone can ever think. The selfishness he feels just thinking that he wants to spend more time with Kyungsoo while doing his job is so real. His job is so important to him, but he wants more than just that. He wants Kyungsoo to be happy — no. He just wants to be with Kyungsoo, even for just an hour or a second.

Even so, the confusion is still present from the day where Kyungsoo punched his best friend and didn't want to apologize. Kyungsoo would never do something like that which only has his suspicions rising to his best friend, Taemin. He remembers seeing Kyungsoo sitting outside of his apartment looking like he's been sweating from running or something along those lines. 

 

"You're here!"

"You're alive."

 

Those words still rings in Jongin's ears like a song being replayed over and over again. It hasn't left his mind. Those words have him confused even more. Why would Kyungsoo be so relieved that he's in front of him? Not just a simple relief, but a huge one where he even caressed his cheek with a light smile. He was even relieved from have him be alive; that's something that cannot be ignored. If anything has to be true, it'd be there's something wrong and there's something not being told to him. Jongin is not that stupid to just let something like this pass. After his concert, he's definitely going to ask Kyungsoo about what happened. Taemin obviously won't tell him what's going on, so trusting Kyungsoo is the only way he can uncover these secrets.

But for now, all Jongin has to think about is his concert and his job. Having personal things effect his job is something he doesn't want; not after all those years of training with buckets of sweat and tears. Personal things are things that should be coming last if anything; Jongin knows this best.

"Kai! Let's do the next song!" He hears the music director shout, and his thoughts disappear as he sets his towel down beside him and runs to the center of the stage. "1, 2, 3 . . . Go!"

 

 

"Baekhyun, how's that jacket going?" Key questions the guy beside him as they both work in chaos from the concert happening in just a few hours. Baekhyun is close to getting his red, sparkly jacket done, sewing the circular sparkles one-by-one. "The concert is in a few hours and you're supposed to get this done before 6! Baekhyun, hurry!"

"I-I'm trying! Sewing sparkles one-by-one is not as easy as it looks, alright?" Baekhyun doesn't spare a glance as he answers, fully concentrated on the jacket he is making. The entire outfit is almost done, but the pressure is so real that Baekhyun is sweating more than usual. "Can you put this in the spare box?" The spare box is a box the artists in the SM Studio have in order to put anything unneeded in there but can be used for other outfits. There sits a different red jacket with the sparkles half done but completely ruined to the point where it's hard to even look at. Key eyes the thing sitting next to Baekhyun's arm in disgust because he can easily see how messed up it is from the sparkles being in weird lineage and balance. Snatching it, he makes his way to the spare box but is cut off by the artist,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter