Baekyeol ::07::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Um, I don't think you can go home in this weather," Baekhyun says to Chanyeol as they all stare at the window that is continuously being hit by rain bullets. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Hari all jump from reflex once they hear another loud boom of thunder coming from outside. 

"I don't think so either," Chanyeol concurs as he checks the time on his phone, reading '12:30'. As the thunder keeps deafening their ears, Baekhyun stands up as a result for Chanyeol's stay. "Is that alright?" Chanyeol questions, looking up at Baekhyun (for the first time). 

"That's totally fine. I'll make sure to let my mom know," Baekhyun responds casually and Chanyeol stands up as well. Even if Baekhyun is allowing him to stay, he can't help but feel awkward as if he is put in a situation that just got shoved in his face. The usual Chanyeol would drive home even if there is a big thunderstorm like now, but for some reason, he finds himself wanting to stay at Baekhyun's house.

The two are about to walk out of Hari's bedroom, but Baekhyun stops his tracks and turns around to approach Hari. "Hari! Are you going to be alright sleeping alone? I mean, I can sleep with you if you'd—"

"Ugh, get out!" She yells at him, sounding exactly like their mother, and throws her rilakkuma plushie in addition. Baekhyun feels the soft fur of her plushie, but a hard hit on his face and keeps the same blank expression he had before he got hit. "Treat our guest kindly, you idiot!" She shouts and Chanyeol is stunned by how much she sounds like Mrs. Byun. 

"Fine! But you better expect me to come into your room in the middle of the night to check on you!" Baekhyun yells naturally while Chanyeol just watches in amusement. Baekhyun exits the room slowly, pointing his finger at the girl to show he is serious. Chanyeol follows with a smile and wave towards Baekhyun's little sister. Chanyeol doesn't realize how much the girl is blushing from his smile. He doesn't forget to close the door before he leaves completely. "Let's go tell my mom. I mean, she has to let you stay because you ing told her you are my boss."

"Haha, you don't like me being your boss?" Chanyeol laughs while Baekhyun just scans him from top to bottom.

"You're not even my boss to begin with! Ugh, let's just go." Baekhyun ignores the guy's laughter and heads to the living room where he is most positive his mother is. He isn't surprised when he sees his mother watching a period korean drama on television. "Mom!" He yells which shocks both Chanyeol and his mother who is sitting with her right knee up to her face and her left leg sprawled out comfortably.

"Hey! It was just at a good moment!" She shouts as she eats dried squid shreds. 

"Can Chanyeol stay the night?" Baekhyun calms his voice down, knowing that Chanyeol is here to watch their conversation. Mrs. Byun's facial expression shows how shocked she is to see Baekhyun's 'boss' in front of her as she wears pink pajamas and has completely messed up hair. She stands up while cleaning her pants with her hands, getting rid of spare squid shreds. 

"O-Of course!" She answers with a big smile plastered on her face to make a good impression towards him. Baekhyun just rolls his eyes in place of the impression and stares at his mother who is pretending to act like the sweetest mom in the world. "Byun Baekhyun, you have to share your room with him." Baekhyun's eyes shoot open once she tells him the news.

"H-Huh? Mom, but we're both dudes!" Baekhyun stutters, denying whatever this woman could have in mind while his face is completely flushed in red. 

"Yah, so?" His mom shows her sass and Chanyeol can see exactly where Baekhyun gets his traits from. 

"S-So, can't he sleep in . . . in . . ." Baekhyun has no other ideas for where Chanyeol can sleep. He would have said his father's room, but he knows his father won't let that happen and Baekhyun will feel bad for leaving Chanyeol alone with his dad. "Fine!"

"You know, I can just drive home—" Chanyeol is cut off from a huge boom coming from outside.

"Just stay, Chanyeol. Baekhyun doesn't have any room on his bedroom floor, so you will have to sleep together on his bed." Once Mrs. Byun ends her sentence, Baekhyun and Chanyeol's faces are tomatoes and they avoid each other's eye contact. After the moment of silence from the two shy souls, Mrs. Byun says, "you're not denying it, so go and sleep. I have to watch my drama, so don't interrupt!" She shoos them away with her right hand and jumps back onto the couch, gripping onto her bag of dried squid shreds. 

"Ugh, that woman," Baekhyun mutters while dropping his head — not from annoyance, but from the different shades of red on his cheeks from having to share the same bed with his co-worker. 

"Now I feel guilty," Chanyeol speaks up and Baekhyun immediately turns around to face the guy as they walk upstairs. "You don't seem like you want me to stay—"

"What? No! — I mean — Of course you can stay!" Baekhyun instantly starts shouting in order for Chanyeol not to misunderstand his actions. "It's just that I never really share my bed with other people, so it's kind of new to me." Baekhyun gives an awkward laugh while holding the back of his neck. Chanyeol stares up at the guy with a light smile. "L-Let's go!" Baekyhun doesn't let Chanyeol respond and grasps onto Chanyeol's wrist, pulling him up the stairs. Chanyeol doesn't mind Baekhyun's contact with his wrist and lets himself be pulled up.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrive at Baekhyun's bedroom door and Baekhyun is slightly nervous to show Chanyeol his bedroom. The only friend he's ever let inside his room is Lay and now he's welcoming a whole new person into his bedroom. Not only that, but they are going to sleep on the same bed, but that's not the end of it; this person is a male. 

Chanyeol doesn't expect Baekhyun to surprise him with his bedroom because he feels like this person is an extremely messy person. Baekhyun twists the doorknob after letting go of Chanyeol's wrist and flings the door up. He turns on the light calmly and they both walk in. Chanyeol's eyes grow wide as he looks around.

Baekhyun's room is seriously the most normal room he has ever seen, also very clean. A regular bed with a navy blue blanket, a wooden drawer on the side, and a small table next to the bed. Mrs. Byun was right, there is no room on the floor to sleep on. The room is rather small with only one way to walk in and one way to walk out. The only thing that is out of the ordinary is a big canvas on a stand with a few oil paint tubes sitting on it. 

Chanyeol expected something more messy or something more obsessive with makeup. There isn't one sign of makeup tools or fashion design tools. It's a completely regular bedroom considering Chanyeol has a classy house that is a bit above the average middle class. 

"I kind of expected you to be obsessed with makeup utensils, but I guess not," Chanyeol says honestly and Baekhyun laughs lightly.

"I usually sneak in practice with the makeup tools at the university, but I used to have a friend that bought me some just to do her makeup. I would ask Hari to get me some makeup supplies, but a lot of the workers never really help her pick them out. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter