Baekyeol ::05::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun has a blank mind as he stands in the center of the SM Studio with absolutely no orders whatsoever. He has no idea what is going on while everyone bumps into him to get to their station or to get something from another station. It's his first official day as an SM artist. Not the kind of artist who sings, dances, acts, or models, but the one who makes those who do look extremely beautiful. His job is making someone look beautiful for the public. The one who uses those singers, dancers, actors, and models as his canvas. A makeup artist, hair stylist, and fashion designer — that kind of SM artist.

Baekhyun hears his cell phone ringtone which is a Hatsune Miku tune. He is severely embarrassed from his geeky self and runs into the dressing room where it is less chaotic. He glances at the caller ID and it says in bright, white letters, "Lay's ." 

"Waddup," Baekhyun greets, holding the phone up to his right ear.

"Baek! Guess what!" Lay screams and Baekhyun almost drops the cell phone from the sudden sting inside his ear from this dude's loudness. Lay doesn't even let Baekhyun respond to his sudden outburst. "I got in!" Baekhyun's eyes widen from this boy's saying.

"W-Wh-What did you just say?" Baekhyun stands up straight, excited for his best friend.

"I got into SM Entertainment!" Lay screams with happy shouts in the background. Baekhyun can hear the guy smacking a table out of excitement. "They called me a few minutes ago and told me that I'll be a trainee!"

"Congrats, Yixing!" Baekhyun shouts with joy.

"It's Lay! L - A - Y. LAY!"

"Who ing cares?!"

"I do!" Lay yells with a pout. "Anyway, how is the SM studio going on for you?" Lay questions, very interested because he is going to be in SM soon, so he must know everything there is to know. Baekhyun's eyes drop at the question because he can hear very loud yelling and talking, things falling on the floor — not just things, but people too. 

"P-Pretty good, actually—"

"Byun Baekhyun! Come help me with the fabric!" Baekhyun hears a female voice and gulps because he has to enter that mishmash. "Byun Baekhyun!" He hears again and instantly peels open the red curtain that divides him and that chaos.

"Gotta go!" Baekhyun yells at the phone and ends the call, struggling to shove it into his back, pocket. "Yes, Seulgi?" Baekhyun questions the female whose hair is a complete mess. Baekhyun would have asked her if there was a bird nest on her head, but didn't want to offend the girl. 

"Since you're new, you need to go over some basics," Seulgi says with a very unsettled tone that shows how much she doesn't want to explain to him. "Don't up." Her bluntness shoots an arrow through Baekhyun's head.

"Y-Yes, ma'am," Baekhyun responds with a frightened inflection. 

"You showed quite an impression. Well, you're from Kendall, anyway. I shouldn't be surprised," Seulgi tempts and Baekhyun puffs his cheeks at her sentence. "I already named you as the main artist. Do you know what that means?" Baekhyun shakes his head because they never really clarified it for him. "It means you will be the one holding the pressure."

"P-Pressure?" Baekhyun shakes nervously, knowing that he is horrible when it comes to being under pressure. 

"Yep. Whenever something goes wrong, it will probably be blamed on you most of the time," Seulgi explains as she runs her fingers through an idol's blue hair. 

"Is that why you gave me that position so easily?" Baekhyun wants to die right now, but he knows that if he can't do something like this, what is he going to do in life? Seulgi nods her head with a smile on her face even though she knows that Baekhyun is definitely not happy with her. Baekhyun slouches with a dead expression as he watches people in the studio fight for utensils. 

"Go help Key pick out fabric," Seulgi orders, not sparing a glance to the boy, fixated on this idol's neon blue hair. Baekhyun just walks away from her to go to the fashion station where there are 3 long tables with sewing machines and a huge, white shelf containing all different kinds of fabric. Each seat is occupied, leaving Baekhyun out of the picture. Right then, he gets slapped with green fabric straight on the face and his expression shows his shock.

"Hey, boy. Are you going to help out or not?" Baekhyun guesses that this sassy person is Key. From the bleach-blond hair with rainbow highlights, the loud gum chewing, and a black, leather jacket with colorful buttons on the shoulders, he could already tell this person is going to treat him like an outsider. Baekhyun eyes his clothing which is a plain, gray sweater and blue jeans. He would even say that he looks like nothing compared to everyone else.

Baekhyun follows Key to a sewing machine that is totally different from everyone's. It has colorful sharpie doodles and neon duct tape plastered all over it. 

"I have to help you pick out fabric, right?" Baekhyun asks, hoping that it would be just that. Key moves his head up and down to signal 'yes.' 

"I'm assigned to design the outfit for the fabu-mwah Amber of f(x)." Key forms his hand like a sock puppet and kisses the tips of his fingers. "She's a tomboy, so don't you dare think of picking out half-assed fabric! I want full-assed fabric!" Key yells at Baekhyun before Baekhyun even started doing the job. "I need classy Siwon with a dash of G-Dragon. Now get on it, boy!" Key motions his right hand translating to get your over there. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter