Kaisoo ::025::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"K-Kyungsoo!" Jongdae stands up with a surprised expression to see the guy in front of him. He was expecting Kyungsoo to not show up after what he did to him but he is more than happy to just see the guy stand in front of him. "Y-You came." Jongdae has a delicate smile that Kyungsoo is trying to avoid looking at. He realizes how fancy this restaurant is and how he came in with a navy blue hoodie, a pair of jeans, and white sneakers. Truly looking like a real teenager now, he escorts himself to the table Jongdae is sitting at with an obvious, moody expression. Jongdae sits down calmly, still staring at Kyungsoo with beaming eyes. "I didn't think you'd come."

"Well, I didn't think so either," Kyungsoo responds sharply which surprises Jongdae a little. He remembers Kyungsoo being such a fragile, kind-hearted kid that never thought about himself. Kyungsoo crosses his arms and lands his right leg over his left, glaring at the soul in front of him like it's his life's duty. 

"I wanted to talk about what happened that night," Jongdae says with a soft voice that has hints of determination in it. Kyungsoo doesn't move his eyes away from the guy as he glares uncontrollably out of the hatred he's kept inside him for 7 years. "I deserve your wrath, Soo." The nickname 'soo' rings in Kyungsoo's ears because no one calls him that besides Jongdae.

"Do you know how it feels to be beaten by your own father for 5 years straight? Do you know how it feels to have your father murder someone when you're only 8, leaving his family because he was a broken man? On top of that, he does it on your birthday, also known as the day you were born. Do you know how it feels to have your mother leave you at an orphanage? Being a poor woman, you end up trying to earn money for her just so she can take you back. After 4 years of winning stupid competitions and trying to earn money as much as possible, she ends up getting happily remarried and not only that but she has a child. And do you know what's even worse? Having a brother that you trust so much end up backlashing you in the end, leaving you just like how those other people did. That brother happens to be you, Kim Jongdae." Kyungsoo gives him harsh words and knows he deserves every single part of it. Jongdae agrees just as much and absorbs the pain.

"I'm sorry."

"Shut up," Kyungsoo starts the cruel, sharpness in his tone. "Not only did you leave me, but you left mom. Do you even know how much she cried every night just because you weren't there in the house? You know what hurt even more? She made me feel like a substitute for you! Do you know how many times I've heard her call me your ing name?" Those words punch Jongdae right in the stomach, but all he can do is look down in shame. "I've lived like this for 7 years, Kim Jongdae."

"I know that."

"Do you now? Then what were you doing for those seven ing years?"

Nothing, Jongdae thinks with stretched lips full of guilt. Kyungsoo hears his thought loud and clear, making his anger raise to another level.

"That's why I called you here. I want to explain what happened," Jongdae begins his side of the story feeling slightly nervous for Kyungsoo's reaction, but continues anyway. "When I was 13, just a few months before mom and dad got a divorce, I saw him with another woman. They were at this restaurant; the one we are sitting in right now." Kyungsoo's eyes widen a little from hearing something he's never heard about in his entire life. He remembers how he blocked Jongdae from focusing on his studies, so he never really got the time to sit down and have a little talk like they are today. "A month before the divorce, I was in a neighborhood with my friends. I thought dad was working, but instead I saw him looking at houses in the neighborhood with the same girl. Turns out they were looking for a house to live in together." This is the first time Kyungsoo is hearing of this but he recalls at the office that day, the worker said he saw Kim Jaesung (Jongdae's father) looking for a house together with his girlfriend. Everything starts hitting him all at once from having a few puzzle pieces coming together. "I ended up confronting him about it and he threatened me that if I told mom, he'd put you back into an orphanage."

 

What?

What?

This can't be happening.

That can't be true.

 

He did that . . . for me?

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter