Baekyeol/Kaisoo ::01::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Baekhyun doesn't know how to respond. He doesn't know whether to focus on the kiss that just happened between the two or the chance card deal. His mind is completely boggled up as they stand in front of the university building with barely anyone outside with them. His heart is racing which starts hurting and only leads up to his stomach feeling stung like crazy. Chanyeol stands there with a dead serious expression that Baekhyun tries avoiding by looking elsewhere. Even Chanyeol is confused with his actions because his body was moving on its own. That kiss wasn't supposed to happen and he's flustered by what he did. Chanyeol can clearly tell that he has a definite crush for this college student. He clearly knows how he feels about this guy after having his body move on its own.

The only reason why Baekhyun so happens to be in heart-race mode is because he didn't try kicking Chanyeol for kissing him and it shocks him. Now why would he be okay with Park Chanyeol kissing him?

"You can't give up that easily. The most important part is overcoming your harshest period." Chanyeol's words are very faint as Baekhyun thinks about something else for once. He snaps back into reality within a second and focuses on Chanyeol's chance card. 

"Do you think it's that easy, Park Chanyeol? Do you think that I never tried overcoming it? My father . . . He spent so much money just to make me become a painter. My dead uncle's dream was to become a painter! I know so damn well that I want to be an artist at SM, but this . . . this is too much. Disappointing someone I love, maybe even making them hate me, it's like hell." Baekhyun's eyes are watering again as he keeps replaying yesterday's scene with his father yelling at him and his father handing him the resignation letter this morning. 

"Come with me." Chanyeol's expression is different from the usual big smiles and brightness; it's now serious and desperate because he wants Baekhyun to follow his dreams than be a pitiful quitter. Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's arm harshly and tries pulling him towards the car that sits beside the sidewalk because he didn't bother parking in the parking lot from being in a rush.

"Hey! Park Chanyeol! I haven't finished my painting!" Baekhyun is struggling to escape Chanyeol's grasp because it is too strong for him. He doesn't want to deal with his dreams anymore because he's tired. He's seriously tired of it. It's giving him a headache and all he wants to do is sit on his stool and paint on his canvas. His body isn't cooperating with him which only makes him stressed. It's too much for him and he just wants to rest more than anything else. Surprisingly, Baekhyun's small figure manages to escape for a second and is about to walk away. Chanyeol doesn't let anything go easily and chases after the guy, wrapping both arms around Baekhyun's stomach and carrying him up onto his shoulder. "Put me down! P-Park Chany—" Chanyeol flings open the back door and throws him onto the back seats. He slams the door shut without providing a chance for Baekhyun to say anything and makes his way to the driver's seat. "You're a ing crazy !"

Chanyeol doesn't say another word and remains silent, driving the car while letting Baekhyun shout and yell at him nonstop. Baekhyun is in disbelief from the amounts of mixed emotions he feels. He's confused about himself from receiving a kiss from this giant, he's appreciative of Chanyeol who is trying to help him with his dreams, and he's in despair from not knowing whether he should try overcoming all of the hardships. He wants to become an artist under SM, but what is the weight that he has to throw off in order to be under this occupation?

The minutes in the car feel like weeks have passed by. Baekhyun sits in the back seat with heavy breathing because of the thoughts that are replaying in his mind. The thought of him and this giant kissing keeps replaying more than other scenes with embarasses him incredibly. Chanyeol isn't saying a word which makes this entire situation even more awkward than Baekhyun wants it to be. 

"We're here," announces Chanyeol making Baekhyun look outside of the window to see where they are. It's a house; a very beautiful house. Not too small and not too big. Just an inch higher than the regular middle class.

"Where are we?" Baekhyun questions, still sitting in the back with a confused look in his eye.

"At my house," Chanyeol states as he unseals the door where Baekhyun sits behind.

"Why are we here?"

"You'll see."

Baekhyun steps out of the car calmly without knowing Chanyeol's intentions, and they both make their way to the front door of Chanyeol's house. Now that Baekhyun thinks about it, it's his first time at this guy's house. The two enter with one having a tense face while the other has a awkward expression due to this new experience. Chanyeol still isn't saying anything, and Baekhyun officially sets Chanyeol's record of not speaking at all for the longest time since he's met him. Chanyeol is so talkative and can't stop opening his mouth, so not hearing anything is strange to Baekhyun.

"Follow me," Chanyeol mutters which makes Baekhyun follow the orders. They are walking through the living room, the dining room, and are now in a hallway full of doors. The last door at the end of the hallway makes Baekhyun suspicious for some reason. They keep walking and they stand in front of the last door to their left. Baekhyun can see the hesitance in Chanyeol's right hand as he holds onto the door knob. He notices Chanyeol taking a deep breath before pushing the door a gape open. He pushes farther and steps inside. Following behind, Baekhyun's eyes grow incredibly wide once Chanyeol turns on the lights. 

The sight of a completely wrecked, damaged, and destroyed piano along with a smashed guitar sit in the center of the room with nothing else but music sheets all over the place. Not just wrecked but literally destroyed to the last key of the piano. The steps Baekhyun takes gradually become slower as he makes his way towards the pile of wood and piano keys in the center of the room. Chanyeol stays behind and watches Baekhyun see his hidden secrets in this very room.

"Ch-Chanyeol . . .," whispers Baekhyun because he is left speechless from what he is seeing. He turns around to look at Chanyeol's face and can see how Chanyeol is composed and calm while crossing his arms, setting his back on the wall. Tears flood Baekhyun's eyes just when he thought they stopped. He can't believe how much he's been crying today.

Those destroyed instruments represent Chanyeol's dreams and how he couldn't do anything to follow them. The dream of becoming an amazing musician, a songwriter, and a composer is hard when you can't hear the pitches of the music without having horrible frustration. His frustration happened to reach the maximum limit and now he's here standing as he watches Baekhyun cry from seeing his crushed dreams. The sloppy crying Baekhyun does saddens Chanyeol's heart as he sees him wipe his face messily with his sleeves. Chanyeol's dreams are demolished, but seeing Byun Baekhyun become a person just like him is hard to watch. He wants Baekhyun to become the person he couldn't be. The one who is able to follow what he wants for himself and the one who can overcome hardships. He wants Baekhyun to do it because he couldn't be the one to do it himself. 

"I couldn't follow my dreams because of something I was born with, but you - you can follow your dreams, Baekhyun. You have the ability to. There are obstacles, but the thing you should be proud of is overcoming them and being able to stand up and say "I did it!" in satisfaction. Don't do what I did, Baekhyun. Do what you truly want to do." Chanyeol's speech touches Baekhyun's heart more than anything. The crying only continues which makes Chanyeol give a light, small smile as he steps closer to Baekhyun.

"You idiot. How am I supposed to respond to that?"

"By going back to the studio, cancelling your resignation, and finish your sketch on Jongin's clothing design. Today's Thursday, remember? The concert is in two days." Chanyeol walks toward Baekhyun and bends his upper body down to reach Baekhyun's face. 

"How do I tell my dad about my decision?" Baekhyun questions, not taking his eyes off of Chanyeol's eyes which are only a few inches away. "He won't be happy with how I feel."

"Well, that's all up to you."

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun make their way back to Chanyeol's black car and climb inside; Chanyeol in the driver's seat and Baekhyun in the passenger's seat. 

"Thank you for caring about me, Chan," Baekhyun says, maintaining himself the best he can. "If it weren't for you, I would've given up makeup and design for good. You actually cared anough to come to my university and tell me that I shouldn't give up. I can't imagine someone else doing that for me." Avoiding eye contact, he stares at his hands as a way to escape the stiff atmosphere.

"Geez." Chanyeol flicks Baekhyun's forehead which shocks the kid who only looks at him in disbelief after feeling the sting. "You're super welcome." Chanyeol can't help but grin at Baekhyun's thanks towards him.

The two approach the SM studio with beating hearts. Baekhyun steps inside first with a deep breath and shocks many artists in the studio from his presence. Key is the most excited from seeing Baekhyun in front of the door because he seriously thought that would be the last time he'd ever see Baekhyun. Seulgi looks up from styling someone's hair and sees Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter