Baekyeol ::06::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The day goes on with Chanyeol and Baekhyun bickering nonstop. Even if the sun is going down, their talking is endless.

"Aren't you a manager? Don't you have something to manage?" Baekhyun questions the guy who is sitting on a chair beside him, completely bored.

"I'm Kai's manager, but he has a back injury that'll last until the end of this week. I can't organize anything for him because he can't do much with that back of his," Chanyeol explains without thinking and just stretches his arms out, high in the air. 

"Then why are you here?" Baekhyun asks the guy who really has no reason to be at the studio in the first place.

So why is he there?

Chanyeol stays silent as he thinks of what he could possibly be doing there for no reason at all. Right then, Baekhyun hears his Hatsune Miku ringtone again and he feels severely embarrassed, but maintains himself enough to pick up the phone call. 

"Hello?—"

"Baekhyun!" It's his mother screaming. Not just yelling, but screaming with cries. "Hari ran away!"

"H-Hari?!" Baekhyun's eyes expand from the shock. "When did she run away?!" Baekhyun starts yelling with a worried expression that concerns Chanyeol. What concerns Chanyeol the most is when Baekhyun is prancing around back and forward, holding the back of his neck. Baekhyun could be biting his fingernails in the next second for all we know. The entire studio looks at Baekhyun who shows an awfully worrisome facial expression.

"She hasn't come back home since last night after running out of the house!" Mrs. Byun has a broken voice that only makes Baekhyun more nervous than before. "You don't think— she can't possibly—"

Baekhyun is at his limit. His hands start shaking the instant his mother says those words. Chanyeol stands up with numb legs since he has been sitting for so long. He doesn't know how to calm Baekhyun down, but has the urge to after seeing how much the boy is panicking. Although not knowing what Baekhyun's panic is about, he senses himself wanting to comfort this guy as much as he can.

"H-Hari!" Baekhyun's eyes are turning watery and red from his nervousness. His body is vibrating tremendously, but before Chanyeol can calm him down, Baekhyun starts sprinting out of the studio with no other thoughts. Chanyeol doesn't think twice and immediately chases after the shaky Baekhyun who is grabbing his black bicycle from a rack. 

"Byun Baekhyun!" Chanyeol shouts as he exits the studio, but right when he does, he sees Baekhyun boarding a bike with swollen, watery eyes. Baekhyun steps on the left pedal with his left foot and pushes it down in order for it to move. As soon as he pushes it, he is stopped by a hand clawing onto the gray hood of his sweater. "Where are you going?!"

"H-Hari. I-I have to find her," Baekhyun's stuttering loosens Chanyeol's grip. The horrified look on Baekhyun's face triggers the timidness of Chanyeol's insides. The next thing Chanyeol grabs onto his Baekhyun's arm. Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol with a look that says let go.

"Get in my car. It'll be faster," Chanyeol implies as he unlocks the black car sitting by the sidewalk. Baekhyun is stunned and sits still for a second, but snaps out of his thoughts, not hesitating to get inside Chanyeol's car. 

Baekhyun doesn't even think of the job he has because of the insane uneasiness for this so-called "Hari." His legs are jolting as he sits down on the passenger seat.

"G-Go to the lake next to Seoul Arts High School," Baekhyun orders in a soft, yet broken voice that clarifies to Chanyeol that this "Hari" is definitely someone important to Baekhyun. 

Is she his girlfriend? Chanyeol questions to himself while driving to the destination.

Even if Chanyeol has only known Baekhyun for a few days, he has in mind that this is not the type of expression that shows the Baekhyun he usually encounters. He is so used to teasing and bickering with the male that he's forgotten that the guy has other emotions. Baekhyun can be in sorrow or rage rather than just being the typical bickering machine Chanyeol has only experienced first-hand.

"D-Drive faster!" Baekhyun is more panicked than before because he feels like time is running out. Chanyeol does exactly as Baekhyun asks without a word from knowing that this boy is anxious. 

Chanyeol stops at a red light shortly and he can read the immense restlessness from Baekhyun's face. Even he is starting to get anxious just from the person next to him. The light turns green, switching on Chanyeol's racing mode. The car speeds up, but he tries not to pass the speed limit. Baekhyun has an appreciative aura for Chanyeol who is concentrated on getting to the destination as soon as possible. 

Chanyeol turns at a corner and Seoul Arts High School is sitting right in front of the two. The big sign that engraves the school name steals the spotlight in the darkness. Chanyeol parks in the parking lot, but as soon as he stops the engine and unlocks the doors, Baekhyun storms out like his life depends on it. He begins dashing towards the school building with only one goal in mind. Chanyeol does his best to catch up to this fast human-being.

Baekhyun enters the back of the school after some twists and turns where a lake is present. It is too dark out to see anything because of the night sky whose only light is the stars and the moon. He suddenly hears splashing from the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter