All ::01::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Have a nice life. You deserve it."

 

 

 

"They told me if I study hard then I'll earn a lot of money! If I do that, then she'll definitely take me back."

 

 

 

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Of course! I've earned this much just to not go?"

 

 

"Kyungsoo, stop! Stop!"

 

 

Kyungsoo pops up from his bed, sitting there panting uncontrollably. His eyes are enlarged as he remembers things from his past that haunt him to his very last cell. He shoves his face into his knees while gripping onto his hair harshly, eyes red and watering. Sweat is felt on his forehead by his finger tips.

"Stop coming back," Kyungsoo whispers as he weeps. "J-Just stop!" He punches his bed with his fists while gritting his teeth oh-so rigidly. His past chews on his soul slowly and painfully. He's dying on the inside, and boy does he know it. He holds his stomach from the burning as he wipes his tears with his palm.

Even the rudest can cry — especially in secret. 

It's Friday and it is the last day of the week for school which makes Kyungsoo incredibly happy, but he's not feeling super happy about the event tomorrow: his birthday. If anything, he'd say his birthday is his least favorite day of the year. His birthday only reminds him of his family who brought such misfortune to his life. 

Kyungsoo gets ready for teaching and drives his car to Sangin High. He steps into the building feeling restless, but doesn't care and just enters his classroom. Setting his equipment down, he sits on his desk chair with dark circles under his eyes. 

After the school bell rings, he notices how Kim Jongin isn't present and figures it is because he's busy being an idol or something along those lines. For some reason, the classroom feels empty to Kyungsoo even though he's just missing a few students. Is it because there are at least 4 students gone? Is it because he's just feeling tired from the thunderstorm last night? Or even worse, is it because Jongin's not sitting in that one seat in the front row?

 

No. It can't be. I can't develop feelings for anyone else.

They always leave.

He's an idol. Of course he has to leave me someday.

 

The school day is done and Kyungsoo is in his car, but he isn't driving it. In other words, he's still in the school's parking lot, zoning out with his hands on the wheel and staring off into the distance. He keeps thinking about his dream this morning that replays in his mind nonstop.

 

"Kyungsoo, stop! Stop!"

 

Kyungsoo slaps the wheel repeatedly and harshly, tightening his jaw and clenching his teeth. The fire in his soul is burning him alive. Hot tears fill his eyes once his forehead attaches to the top of his wheel. He can sense the warm drips splat on his black pants and hurriedly wipes those tears before anyone can see. Driving home, he stops at the red light and looks to his right where that noodle restaurant sits; the one place he thought he saw him at. Not once has he forgotten about that guy and never will he forget what that damn guy has done to him. 

He arrives at his apartment shortly and realizes how late the day is getting. Right when he pushes in his code, he hears the elevator ding and open. There are only two people living on the 12th floor: Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin. So, he eyes his right and sees Kim Jongin standing there, but his eyes widen at the sight.

"Kyungsoo!" Jongin calls the name happily as he runs up to the short, stern guy.

"J-Jongin. Your hair." Kyungsoo points out Jongin's new jet-black hair. Out of everything Kyungsoo could have done, it just had to be blushing like an idiot from how good-looking — no. Great-looking Jongin is. 

"Ah, yeah. I got my hair done today after practice." Jongin touches the back of his head out of shyness and Kyungsoo averts looking at the guy.

Does he like it? Does it not look good? I probably look ridiculous to him, don't I?

Kyungsoo hears Jongin's thoughts and is flustered by how much he's worrying about what he can possibly think about the new hair color. Kyungsoo holds onto his silver door handle and is about to open the door, but is stopped when Jongin says, "wait!"

"What is it?" Kyungsoo is sightly surprised from the outburst.

"You're free tomorrow, right?" Jongin sounds expectant with hints of hope. Kyungsoo already knows how Jongin is probably planning something for his birthday and boy is he nervous about it. He's always hated his birthday. Ever since that happened, he's never once had a day full of happiness or with unicorns shooting rainbows out their asses. He recalls when his mother told Jongin to make him happy especially on his birthday and just sighs.

"Look, I know you've been planning to do something for me. To be honest, the day I hate most is my birthday — actually, no. The day I hate most is today, tomorrow, the day after that, and every single day after that. I know my mother told you to make me happy, but let's face it. I'm an anti-fan when it comes to happiness. So, you might as well stop now before you do something extremely stupid for me." Kyungsoo's words shoot through Jongin's heart more than a hundred times. 

"Then tomorrow is my only chance. Meet me at the parking lot at 1 o'clock tomorrow. If you don't show up, you don't s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter