All ::07::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kyungsoo arrives at his apartment without Luhan. At lunchtime, he definitely noticed that Luhan wasn't being himself and made sure to see what was up. Turns out he's having relationship problems with Sehun. The biggest shocker to Kyungsoo was hearing how Sehun was a bully in the past and injured someone's left hand to the point where the person couldn't use it anymore. He remembers hanging out with the shy Sehun at the zoo and recalls the guy only thinking about what Luhan would like. It surprises him so much as he stands in the elevator in silence. Kyungsoo knows that Luhan must be breaking down, but if he stepped on the plate to comfort him, Luhan definitely wouldn't accept. Luhan likes dealing with things on his own, and Kyungsoo understands that. The worst part is the amounts of suffering that may take place, and it worries Kyungsoo more than anything.

The doors unseal making Kyungsoo step off automatically. The sight of Kim Jongin's door captures his attention as he awkwardly makes his way to his own apartment door which stands next to the damn idol's. Having this chatty guy not be present is very strange to Kyungsoo as he opens his door after punching in his code. Kyungsoo is supposed to be used to being alone on the 12th floor. No one lived on the same floor as him until Jongin came, and it pains him to know that he's feeling a bit lonely due to Jongin's absence. He knows Jongin is a hard-working idol and has to do his job but he has to admit that the feeling of Jongin being gone does not give him joy like it would have back then. 

Entering his living room, he slips off his brown jacket and sets down his briefcase on his coffee table. He sets his bottom on the grass-colored couch with only his deep thoughts keeping him company. The thought of everyone being in their own worlds is quite intriguing as he sits by himself in the reserved atmosphere. Luhan's dealing with his own problems while Jongin is dealing with his big concert on Saturday.

He remembers it being this way before Jongin moved in; how silent it was. It was the time where Kyungsoo only thought about shutting himself out from the world. It amazes him how open-hearted he's gotten. He's even made new friends like Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. The thought of it amazes him. He's seriously gotten too attached to that idol. He didn't expect Jongin to step into his life and find out his past. 

"So, you're this Kai kid that's causing all this ruckus?" Kyungsoo looks back at the day the two first talked to each other. The harshness toned done quite a lot as he looks back. Their first fight happened on that same day which earns a small grin spreading on Kyungsoo's face. Embarrassment hits him once he notices his grinning out of nowhere. He's in a living room smiling to himself. He swears that this is the most embarrassing thing ever.

The moments of punching and kicking his pillows after school come back to his mind; when he was so immersed in hating the kid with his life. After that, they had an accidental kiss which triggers the redness on Kyungsoo's face. The strawberry cake he made that day was splattered all over him and boy does he miss that cake. Then having to take care of the underaged drunk for a night and going bowling and laughing with smiles for the first time in a while. Revealing his mind-reading secrets at the orphanage trip, putting Jongin in an inflatable boat as a punishment, and saving the idol from getting kidnapped. Having Jongin try saving him from being beaten by his father and Jongin comforting and hugging him after it happened.

Memories flow through his mind repeatedly.

Getting kissed by the idol in his classroom, having an egg fight in the kitchen, seeing Jongin wait outside for him in the cold, and having the guy set up a day at the zoo for his birthday. Then playing twister while laughing and smiling. Kyungsoo doesn't even know what to feel. He's too immersed in his thoughts of Kim Jongin that it enchants him to keep thinking about the memories even more. When Jongin gave him a long speech, and him breaking down in front of him on his birthday. That's when he finally revealed his past to this who makes him smile. Jongin saying how he's thankful for him being born while holding the birthday cake. The two having a cake fight and it all leads up to the one moment Kyungsoo has never forgotten: their kiss.

Kyungsoo's face becomes flushed as the scene replays in his mind over and over again. He can't stop his heartbeat from beating so fast which annoys him to death.

Without Jongin and Luhan being there, he wouldn't have had the courage to meet Jongdae at that restaurant. He wouldn't have heard Jongdae's side of the story without the courage Jongin and Luhan have given him. 

Luhan is his best friend who has stood next to him ever since he was 14, but to have Jongin be on that list of the people who give him courage is quite a big deal for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo could never accept anyone in his life but to have Jongin break that barrier is amazing. 

Kyungsoo admits it. He is seriously having mad affection for this guy whether he likes it or not. He hates to admit it but he definitely misses that chatty idiot next door.

 

 

Baekhyun is too afraid to leave the studio because he has to go back home where his father will be waiting to give him a real big talk. Not only that, but he's only got the pants drawn out on his design for Jongin's concert clothing. Stepping forward to approach the front doors of the studio, his body shakes out of fear. Being a disappointment is such an awful feeling, and he doesn't want his father to keep creating it. It's like walking through hell trying to get one of your parents to agree with you when they obviously won't. 

Riding his bike with negative thoughts, he knows that when he gets home all hell will break loose. He arrives at his house and pedals through his driveway nervously, parking the bike in his garage. As he hops off his bike, he makes his way towards the entrance door, but before his hand can even touch the doorknob, it opens in a flash. His father's face shocks him to death, and his hand hangs in the air from preparing to touch the doorknob.

"We need to talk." His father's voice is harsh and sharp which only raises Baekhyun's levels of nervousness. His father walks away from the door with his arms crossed which only adds more salt in the water. Baekhyun withdraws his feet from his sneakers and holds onto his backpack straps in fright as he enters his house. It feels like he's walking into the principal's office for the first time for doing something bad, but for some reason, this is a lot worse. "Sit down." The orders of his father are heard, and Baekhyun sits on the couch in the living room, not daring to look his father in the eyes. He knows how well his father is piercing him with his stare and crossed arms. When a nice, loving father turns mad, everything is chaos and it brings a bigger painful feeling than it would with a strict parent. "You had a job while being a painter at the university?' A pause is made which only heavies the atmosphere even more. Mrs. Byun steps into the room seeing this commotion. "Your mother told me about it." Baekhyun nods without making a sound. "And what was this job?" A bigger pause is made.

"M-Makeup and f-fashio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter