All ::02::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo sits in the back seat with Jongin feelings extremely uncomfortable without knowing the exact reasons. Five idiots waited for him outside in a parking lot and now he's being told he's going to the zoo for his birthday; obviously planned by Kim Jongin. Kyungsoo feels a rush of boredom crawl through his veins and decides to feel free with his mind-reading, reading everyone's mind in the van.

 

This is the right way to the zoo, right? — Chanyeol.

What if the GPS woman was real? Would she be nice? — Baekhyun.

Sehun is sitting a little too close to me. My heart is going to burst! Stop! — Luhan.

He hasn't responded to my confession. My deer head! MY DEER HEAD! — Sehun.

 

Kyungsoo slouches down from the strange thoughts of the people in front of him. His gaze switches to Jongin who he wants to avoid hearing, but can't help what his mind-reading can do. Automatically, he starts hearing Jongin's thoughts. 

 

I wonder if he's going to be happy hanging out with me today.

 

Kyungsoo blushes from the words he hears and just switches his attention to the other side of the window. Oh-so happily, the six men arrive at the zoo. Chanyeol actually finds the right way to the zoo after seeing a huge tiger statue. Baekhyun stretches his lips at the guy because he knows they found the zoo purely out of luck. Chanyeol parks the van in the large parking lot full of many cars of all different sizes. Luhan and Sehun look especially excited to see varieties of animals. Kyungsoo and Jongin, perhaps, are feeling a bit tense because they have no idea what is going to happen today.

All boys hop off of the van calmly, except for Chanyeol who accidentally trips on nothing and almost hits the ground if it wasn't for Baekhyun who yanks his arm before he falls. Luhan, Sehun, and Jongin just laugh at the two for their clumsiness. Kyungsoo rarely smiles or laughs, so of course he has to keep up his signature and not react so freely with these group of blockheads. Jongin slips on a pair of sunglasses and a black hat. If not enough, he even has a gray hoodie to cover his head.

Luhan and Chanyeol argue about paying for everyone, but while they argue, Sehun finds the courage to go and pay while the two aren't looking. Kyungsoo thanks him politely along with Jongin and Baekhyun. Once they do, Sehun feels dead-on shy and stays next to Luhan who is currently being furious at the boy for paying.

The six decide that everyone gets one hour with Kyungsoo at the zoo because they are all there because it is Kyungsoo birthday, not their's. 

Sehun is first.

Although Luhan is a bit worried for Sehun, he knows that he has to go some time of the day whether he likes it or not. Even if Sehun is seriously shy, the person he'd say is the second on the list of "most comfortable around" is Kyungsoo. Sehun and Kyungsoo walk beside each other as they wave to the four leftover guys. Kyungsoo keeps staring at Jongin's smiling face as they leave. 

Kyungsoo and Sehun quietly walk beside each other, not saying much.

"H-Happy Birthday, Kyungsoo!" Sehun bubbles which surprises Kyungsoo for a few seconds. "Let's have fun, okay?" Kyungsoo naturally gives a small, light smile to the sweet boy and nods his head. They make their way to the water area where smaller, aquatic animals are.

Both of them are in sync with their fascinated expressions as they see all types of fish. They enter a dome where they are surrounded by glass. Behind the glass is water with all types of fish swimming. Kyungsoo and Sehun don't hesistate with their widened eyes and make sure to take pictures of the fish. Well, Kyungsoo is taking pictures of the fish on his cellphone while Sehun is taking pictures with the fish. 

The two exit the aquatics and there is a gift shop beside the exit. Kyungsoo reads Sehun's mind and knows Sehun is having the urge to go inside the shop.

"Would you like to go in?" Kyungsoo questions the guy who has a brightened face after he asks. 

"Y-Yes, please!" Sehun answers in a cute manner even if he doesn't try. They enter the gift shop and see varieties of souvenirs. Sehun, perhaps, has his eyes on a medium-sized clownfish plushie with big, googly eyes. 

Maybe Luhan will like this.

Kyungsoo reads the guy's mind while he looks around at a section of headbands and bracelets. He slightly grins because he knows how much Luhan likes the guy just from seeing him at the cooking lessons. That jealousy told Kyungsoo so many things. He eyes the rack of headbands that have animal ears popping out of them. Randomly snatching two headbands, he makes his way to Sehun who is squishing the clownfish plushie out of delight. 

"Sehun, here," Kyungsoo speaks up which makes Sehun turn around while his hands are still squishing the plushie. Kyungsoo wants to laugh at how blank Sehun's face is, but doesn't. "I'm getting this for you and Luhan, alright?" Sehun looks confused before he sees the two headbands in Kyungsoo's right hand. One is cat ears and the other is panda ears.

"Wait, for me and Luhan?" Sehun questions, pointing at himself in pure confusion. 

Does he know that we like each other? Wait! Of course. Kyungsoo is Luhan's best friend!

"Don't deny your love for each other. Plus, Luhan is my best friend and if I can't differentiate between him having a crush or a friend, then I'd be horrible," Kyungsoo explains while setting down the headbands on the counter for registry. He seizes the clownfish plushie in Sehun's hands and places it on the counter as well which shocks Sehun even more.

"W-W-Wait! But it's your birthday!" Sehun protests his actions because he already knows Kyungsoo is going to pay for those. "I will pay."

"You already paid for our access! This is the least I can do. Sehun, if you reject it, I won't be afraid to treat you like ." Kyungsoo officially ends the conversation with his frightening tone. Sehun feels totally guilty right now because he dislikes it when people pay for him because he always feels in debt to them. "If it helps, you can repay me by making Luhan happy and not doing anything stupid to him," implies Kyungsoo as they both watch the cashier stuff their goods in a blue, plastic bag. 

"I will do my best!" Sehun bows deeply which freaks out Kyungsoo because he's being too formal. "Thank you very much!"

"Let's find the others. I think I have to spend an hour with Chanyeol next," Kyungsoo informs and the two walk out of the shop with light hearts.

The two find the four boys shortly at the sloth section. Sehun returns to the group and Chanyeol is exchanged to hang out with Kyungsoo for an hour. Before the group is out of Kyungsoo and Chanyeol's sight, he sees Sehun pop the cat headband on Luhan's head. Luhan looks flustered and blushy which makes Kyungsoo smirk joyfully. 

"So, Kyungsoo. How are you such a genius?" Chanyeol questions because he knows this guy is young and has lots of experience in knowledge. They start walking through the amphibian and snake section. 

"If I'm going to be honest, I started studying really hard when I was 8 years old. I never stopped studying. When I turned 10, I was already reading college-level books," Kyungsoo answers honestly while they walk through the cave with many stations of animals. 

"Damn, you're good," Chanyeol compliments and they stop at a case with yellow frogs. Chanyeol leans forward to look more closely through the window. "I don't see them, Kyungsoo. Do you see them?" Kyungsoo calmly stands and shakes his head. Suddenly a frog jumps on the glass and slams itself right in front of Chanyeol's eyes which scares the hell out of him. "Holy !" Chanyeol yells loudly with a big jump which makes everyone eye him in shock. Mothers with kids glare at him. 

"Nice going." Although Kyungsoo has no enthusiasm in his voice, he really wants to cry from how funny that was. He knew the frog was going to do that from expertise of prediction. "We should go to the snake next."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter