Hunhan/Kaisoo ::05::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jongdae and Kyungsoo sit inside of Kyungsoo's car; Kyungsoo being on the passenger seat while Jongdae is sitting on the driver's seat. The endless awkwardness is eating at them as Jongdae drives into a parking space in front of a bakery. 

Kyungsoo is only thinking about Luhan who pushed them into the car in the first place. He knows that Luhan only did it because he knew that Jongdae protected him and he wants them to be on the same boat again. Luhan's intentions were not ill, and Kyungsoo knows that more than anything. Hating on Kim Jongdae for a lifetime is tough to remove. 

Jongdae hops out of the car first and runs over to Kyungsoo's door before his brother steps out. Jongdae pulls the door open like a gentleman which only earns a confused look from his younger brother.

"You know, I can open doors myself," Kyungsoo speaks with his signature, sharp tone as he exits the car.

"There's the Soo I know!" Jongdae smiles happily after hearing the grumpy kid he's always heard from the countless amounts of studying Kyungsoo did in the past. He remembers annoying him, and Kyungsoo would always give him a sharp, grumpy tone. Kyungsoo looks up at Jongdae feeling slight warmth flooding his heart which he does not entirely dislike. Jongdae sacrificed himself for him and their mom, so feeling warmth around Jongdae isn't such a bad thing. Even if he's hated him for seven years, Jongdae still has that smile that will always bring out Kyungsoo's sweet side.

"Why are we at a bakery?" Kyungsoo questions making Jongdae automatically pull him inside the shop by the arm.

"Stay here. I'll order!" The bright Jongdae is still fresh in memory as Kyungsoo sits down at a table for two in silence. He watches as Jongdae stands in line.

 

Kyungsoo and I are finally spending time together! He's probably hating it though. After what I did to him, he is sure to hate me. I should just enjoy this moment while I can. Just enjoy my quality time with him. Fighting!

 

Kyungsoo finds himself feeling extremely guilty from Jongdae's thoughts. He didn't know that Jongdae wanted to spend that much time with him. So many mixed feelings are crawling through his veins as he sits quietly, waiting for Jongdae to complete their orders. 

Jongdae finally receives his orders in a brown, paper bag and speeds over to the table Kyungsoo is sitting at. Seating himself across from Kyungsoo, he sets down the bag and opens it, letting Kyungsoo see the goods. The eyes of Kyungsoo's enlarge as he sees his favorite type of pastry: the danish. With a cheesy center and glaze coating all over the deliciousness, Kyungsoo wants to drool. He makes sure to maintain himself to not drool in publish and be an embarrassment while Jongdae watches in amusement.

"Remember when I always got you these before you started studying your off?" Jongdae asks as he eats his pastry and Kyungsoo nods, still eyeing the danish in delight. "Eat up!" Jongdae grabs the danish in his left hand and shoves it in Kyungsoo's mouth which surprises him a bit. He chews on it slowly, tasting the wonderfulness of the pastry as Jongdae chuckles. 

"I can't believe you remembered what my favorite pastry is," Kyungsoo comments as he finishes up.

"Hey, I may be forgetful, but I am no damn fool to forget what my brother likes," Jongdae replies which triggers a small - just a small - grin on Kyungsoo's face. This lets Jongdae freely smile wholeheartedly as they continue eating.

"I heard you write horror novels," Kyungsoo speaks up first which makes Jongdae excited how Kyungsoo is striking their conversation first.

"Yes! I do! I love horror stuff. It excites me," Jongdae remarks with a lively expression. Kyungsoo notices the strong joyfulness Jongdae has when he talks about the genre. "I love horror movies, horror stories, and anything horror-related. I bet I've watched every horror movie you can name."

"And you don't get scared? I remember you screaming like a little girl when you watched the Powerpuff Girls because you were scared of Mojo Jojo," Kyungsoo recalls which earns a few giggles and laughs from around.

"H-H-Hey! That was supposed to be a secret, Soo!" Jongdae pouts which earns him another small grin from the grumpy Kyungsoo he remembers. 

"Since when?"

"Soo!"

They both start chuckling a little bit which charms both of them to have smiles on their faces. The hate Kyungsoo has been boiling forever is finally starting to simmer down slowly as he keeps talking to his brother like they used to. 

"Let's go somewhere! I haven't been around for so long because I was in Japan researching for my novels," Jongde requests, and Kyungsoo nods in agreement. The two leave the bakery and roam down the streets. Kyungsoo finds himself becoming more and more comfortable around Jongdae, acting like those hateful years have just passed by. He believes Jongdae is some kind of magical creature allowing him to smile and not be so self-conscious about it. The brotherly affection Kyungsoo has for the guy becomes more and more evident just from talking about the good memories instead of the bad ones. Kyungsoo didn't even realize how great the memories of their childhood were until they started talking about them. How good their relationship was, how fun it was to be around each other, and how sad it would be if they lost each other. Then it all drifted apart and the two can't deny that fact.

"Let's play that!" Jongdae points to a clawing machine outside of the main arcade and grips onto Kyungsoo's arm like he used to do back in the day. Jongdae pops in a few coins, and the cheerful music starts playing which means it is time to start the game. Jongdae moves the claw with the red handle and clicks the big red button beside the handle allowing it to claw where he wants. Kyungsoo views the claw as it goes down, knowing Jongdae is going to fail.

"No!" Jongdae shouts, seeing the claw release nothing. "Again!" Jongdae tries again and again and every single game repeats itself. Kyungsoo counts how many times this guy has played which is 9 times, and Jongdae still hasn't gotten one single stuffed animal. "The game is rigged. Period."

"Move," Kyungsoo demands as he pops in a few coins, hearing the music play. Moving the handle back and forward and side to side, he presses the red button and the claw moves down. Jongdae's jaw drops open as he sees the claw grip onto a panda bear and bring it into the box where winners grab their stuffed animals. Kyungsoo can feel the childish glares Jongdae is giving him as he removes the panda bear from the dispenser. "I may have been a studybot but I do know how to play games." Kyungsoo tosses the panda bear to Jongdae, and Jongdae catches it in his hands. "Since you wanted one so bad, here you go."

"But I didn't earn this myself!" Jongdae complains as he holds onto the panda in sorrow.

The hours go by faster than they imagine. They eat ice cream sundaes while walking down the street, passing building after building. The two don't even realize how comfortable they are next to each other. It just feels like another day out with a best friend. Kyungsoo has never been this comfortable around someone so fast but since this person is his brother, it isn't a surprise. What surprises him the most is how many things he's missed. Jongdae became a straight A student in high school and took many classes of literature in order to become a novelist. Jongdae traveled to all sorts of places for his research. Jongdae's father became remarried after a few years after the incident.

Jongdae is more surprised about Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo became a temporary accountant at 14, he made a new friend even after the incident which was Luhan, he became an English teacher at one of the most prestigious high schools, and he's even making more friends. Jongdae and Kyungsoo feel like they have missed so much about each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter