Kaisoo ::023::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"You seemed like you really hated Kim Jongdae, but I don't understand why he deserves the hatred from you. I mean, his father forced him to come with him, so why do you hate him so much?" Jongin has the courage to actually ask this type of question. He is getting to know Kyungsoo more and more just from hearing his story.

"Well, you can call that part one of the story," Kyungsoo answers while he sits across from the idol on the couch, knees scrunched up to his chest with his arms wrapped around and a dark expression.

 

Do Kyungsoo: Age 12

 

Kyungsoo watches as the car drives away from his presence with widened eyes, clear dashes of hurt and sorrow engraved in them. 

"You're a liar, Kim Jongdae," he whispers to himself as he sees Ms. Kim drop onto her knees with tears flowing out of her eyes. Not only that, but she sobs with uncontrollable sniffing, hitting her left side of her chest out of such pain she feels after seeing her child being taken away from her. Kyungsoo knows he shouldn't be worrying about his selfishness of wanting his half-brother to stay here. He knows it isn't Jongdae's fault that he left. Jongdae is clearly being taken away from the family, but there is a lie written in Kyungsoo's memories.

"I will never leave you."

That little sentence with such strong impact is completely broken after one day. Even if he knows it isn't Jongdae's fault, he can't help but feel left just like how it was yesterday when he realized that his mother didn't give a about him.

Kyungsoo sits next to Ms. Kim with an unreadable expression as he looks at the empty road. It feels like the world is silent, but his mother takes over with her heavy cries. Her own son is being taken — no, stolen from her. 

"Mom," Kyungsoo starts and the word rings in her ears. For years he's been only calling her 'mother' without true passion. The way he says it now makes it seem genuine and meaningful. Ms. Kim will never forget how he calls her his mom. She looks at the 12-year-old boy's face with enlarged eyes full of water and soreness. "We'll get him back." Ms. Kim eyes her adopted child with such eager and trusting eyes that it makes Kyungsoo's new ambition bigger. No way is he going to let another soul leave him like his biological mother did. He will not let another person he cares about suddenly go away in a snap.

Kyungsoo and Ms. Kim head inside the house with dropped shoulders out of experiencing Jongdae being taken away from them. 

"We'll definitely get Jongdae back," Ms. Kim says sharply, full of determination. Her hands are in tight fists and she toughens her lips with evil eyes. The thoughts of her ex-husband crawl through her mind as they begin to sit at the dining table. Kyungsoo sees her full of rage and determination to get her son back, and he feels the same way. Even if Jongdae said he'd never leave him right after his mother left him, he still trusts the guy no matter how much he's hurt. He knows Jongdae is a person he can trust. 

 

It's nighttime and Kyungsoo and Ms. Kim sit in a car with motivation of getting Jongdae back. Ms. Kim drives her car around town, predicting that her ex-husband will be living in a specific neighborhood because she remembers him fawning about a house as they drove through the streets one time. They enter the neighborhood calmly and head to the main office to check if a person named Kim Jaesung lives there.

"May I ask who you are?" The male sitting at the desk questions Ms. Kim who has an anxious expression.

"Wife! — well, ex-wife."

"Hm, I was going to say . . . Kim Jaesung is living with his girlfriend here with a child." The brown-haired guy responds and both Ms. Kim and Kyungsoo's eyes grow incredibly wide from hearing this. Ms. Kim doesn't hesitate to grab the man's collar and pull him up close to her face.

"Girlfriend? What do you mean girlfriend? That is living with his girlfriend with my Jongdae?!" She yells at the top of her lungs which scares the hell out of the guy whose nametag prints 'Park Jeongsu'. 

Why would Mr. Kim suddenly have a girlfriend? Kyungsoo thinks to himself.

"Well, when they were buying a house here together, I—"

"Together?! Buying a house?!" Ms. Kim's grip only becomes stronger as Jeongsu speaks with a wavering voice.

"Y-Yes, ma'am! They came here about a month ago and bought the house a week ago!" Jeongsu flinches as Ms. Kim keeps on gripping tighter with furious eyes.

"We just got a divorce a few days ago. So, are you saying he's been cheating on me this whole time?! And here I was thinking he was being an because he was tired, but here he was dating a different woman behind my back?! I thought we divorced because we kept getting frustrated with each other! Oh, that guy is totally going to get it!" Ms. Kim releases her hands from Jeongsu's collar with a shadowy expression along with Kyungsoo who also has the same expression. "A month ago, huh? That little piece of—"

"Mom, let's get Jongdae," Kyungsoo reminds the woman whose hands are on her hips like a sassy, furious woman. She snaps out of her anger and slams her hands on the counter where Jeongsu sits behind in fear. 

"What is his address, Park Jeongsu?" Ms. Kim makes sure to accent his name which makes him feel even more shaky. Her eyes scream horror and he gives in, telling her Mr. Kim's exact address. 

The two make their way to the address Jeongsu gave them and makes sure to park a little bit farther away from the house or else it'd catch too much attention. The darkness of the sky helps make their black car hidden.

"Maybe I should go. If you go, Mr. Kim won't be very pleased." Ms. Kim listens to what Kyungsoo says and stays in the car even if she wants to beat that up more than anything at the current moment. She knows Kyungsoo has more knowledge than she does and is clearly more organized, so she listens and sits still. If she went up to ring that doorbell, who knows what she would have done. 

Kyungsoo hops out of the car and runs over to the driveway. He speeds to the front door with nothing to stop his determination. He's not letting someone he cares about leave his life again. Not when it's Jongdae and definitely not after he just lost someone. Kyungsoo has learned after chasing his mother for years that there are things he can't do, but this one person is someone he can't leave. Kim Jongdae will not leave him like his mother did. Kyungsoo doesn't want to experience this again. 

Kyungsoo pushes the doorbell and hears the faded tone behind the door that separates him and his brother. He hears loud footsteps that are obviously rushing to the door and it gapes open. He sees an eye peek before the person fully opens the door.

"K-Kyungsoo," the person before him looks super shocked to see him.

"Jongdae," Kyungsoo says the name with a relieved tone to know that he is okay and well. It also relieves him how Jongdae is the person who opens the door and not someone else. 

"What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo expects Jongdae to have a astounded tone, but instead he gets an unfriendly one. It's not welcoming like the Kim Jongdae he knows. It almost sounds like he doesn't want him to be there. "You're supposed to be home with mom." Jongdae's eyes have deadly sparks which confuses the hell out of Kyungsoo who can only say his sentences shortly because he feels like time is running out.

"I came here to take you back. I'm not letting you leave me, Jongdae. I won't!" Kyungsoo declares with his hands in tight fists and his eyes staring straight through Jongdae's soul. He only receives silence from the 13-year-old who doesn't have any expression at all.

This kid. Is he seriously doing this?

Kyungsoo reads Jongdae's mind in disbelief from the reaction he is getting. He never expected Jongdae to have this kind of reaction. A complete reserved, stony attitude with no remorse whatsoever. Kyungsoo feels their walls becoming thicker and their stance becoming more distant even if they are standing only a few inches away from each other. 

"I'm not going back," Jongdae informs with his back straight and eyes full of dread. "You made a mistake, Soo."

"Wh-What are you saying?" Kyungsoo questions with widened eyes just from the experience of having such a thin, fragile shell of trust left to cover him. He feels like something is going to happen that is going to make him break. He wants to trust Jongdae more than anything. They've been together for years and for it to just die like this, he doesn't want it. 

"I'm saying that you should go back home. I'm not going back," Jongdae exclaims with a harsh tone Kyungsoo has never heard before. He sees Jongdae's hands in trembling fists and teeth that are gritted more than his. No eyes can get larger than Kyungsoo's right now as he hears one of the kindest human-beings he's ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter