Kaisoo ::010::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo leaves Jae's room with an unreadable expression and starts to quicken his pace as he walks through the hallway. He discovers a lone room at the end of the hallway to his right and turns to go towards it. Once he arrives at the door frame, he observes a small boy with black, messy hair; scabs, scars, and two teeth missing on the bottom row. Kyungsoo steps inside the room and sits down on the chair beside the boy's bed.

"I won't ask if you are sad, hurt, or angry because I already know you are," Kyungsoo begins to speak to the boy who suddenly has interest in the man. "Judging from your injuries, you were probably in an accident." The boy nods at the guy and Kyungsoo starts to read his mind.

M-My parents died. I was so scared. I don't want to leave this room! I can't. Not after the car accident.

"Your parents died in a car accident?" Kyungsoo questions without realizing he is speaking aloud. He is too into this boy's thoughts. 

I was the only one left.

"You were the only survivor?"

No. Th-There was a man.

"Th-There was someone else there?"

Yes. He was holding some kind of tool. About the size of my body and he hid. He was so mysterious. He was the last one I saw before we got hit.

"It wasn't an accident? Someone did it on purpose?—"

"D-Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo turns his heads to the left once he hears his name being called. Suddenly he comprehends that he was speaking aloud and stands up, shocked from Jongin watching him talk to a kid who wasn't speaking even a single word. 

 

! Not one word came out of that boy and I was talking to him. What do I do?! 

 

"W-What were you doing?" Jongin stands there confused and is taken aback from what he sees. 

"Umm I was j-just talking to the kid," Kyungsoo responds, flustered. It is the first time Jongin has seen Kyungsoo talk to him flustered like that. 

"But he didn't even say a word . . ." Jongin points out and Kyungsoo was afraid he'd say that. Kyungsoo gulps and tries to make something reasonable up, but he can't think of anything at the moment. "Do Kyungsoo, what were you doing?"

There is a long pause that keeps Kyungsoo from answering his question. He doesn't know how to answer it. How do you explain to a dude why you were talking to a kid who wasn't saying a single word at all?

"I-I — Um, I . . ." Kyungsoo clenches his teeth. "I was just— Me and him were—" Kyungsoo keeps stammering as he tries to think of something to cover up this situation. So many doors, but all of them are locked. So many keys, but none of them work. Unless he uses the one key he should never use. "I was reading his m-mind." He gives in because he couldn't think of anything to explain, completely using the key that unlocks the door which has no predictability.

Jongin is speechless. He knew it had to be a joke of some sort. No human-being could ever read the mind of another. It is impossible! Now why would Do Kyungsoo, the devil's spawn, suddenly be a mind-reader?

"You're joking, right?" Jongin slightly laughs, not believing what Kyungsoo said and holds his stomach from the confusing pain. "You can't be a mind-reader."

"Shut up, idiot. Do I ever say something I'm not confident about?" Kyungsoo crosses his arms acting oh-so-confident, but in reality, his head is a mess. He can't believe he told his secret and to all people, it had to be Kim Jongin. He suddenly grabs Jongin's arm and pulls him inside the room. Jongin toggles, but manages to keep his stance. Kyungsoo closes the door and pushes Jongin against the door. His cold stare gives Jongin chills. Kyungsoo attaches his back against the wall to Jongin's left and sighs. "If you say anything to anyone, I will swear to kill you with my very own hands."

"I don't believe you. H-How could a human-being have mind-reading skills?" Jongin awkwardly laughs, but has no evidence to back him up that Kyungsoo isn't telling the truth. Kyungsoo finds it understandable how Jongin isn't believing this. He wouldn't believe it either.

"Fine. Think of something."

Jongin is trying to boost up his righteousness by thinking of something super hard.

Kyungsoo rides a unicorn with a pot of rainbow candy-canes and crashes into a mountain made of sugar rocks!

"What color is the unicorn?" Kyungsoo asks calmly, but his lips slowly turn into a smirk once he sees Jongin's expression. Jongin is at a loss for words, jaw slightly dropping. 

He just read my mind! 

"Yes, I did," Kyungsoo says as he detaches his body from the wall. The little boy beside them watches the two have a conversation with absolutely no interest. "Oh yeah, here." Kyungsoo grabs Jongin's phone from his pocket and pushes it in front of Jongin's shocked face. Jongin hesitantly grips onto the pho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter