Kaisoo ::024::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo can't help but notice how silent Jongin is and how much the idol stares at his very soul. They sit across from each other on Kyungsoo's couch with Kyungsoo being unbelievably uncomfortable as Jongin eyes him in a still expression. Suddenly the male stands up on both feet and walks toward the coffee table where the big cake Luhan got Kyungsoo sits. Jongin carefully grips onto a knife and slices the cake a bit slanted but good enough, setting it on a plate. Inserting a blue candle in the center of the rectangular piece he just cut, he lights it up with a lighter. Kyungsoo sits on the couch, leaning sideways to see what the hell Kim Jongin could possibly be doing.

Right then, Jongin turns around and Kyungsoo sees a plate in Jongin's hands with a piece of cake. The single candle and the smiling Jongin suddenly makes Kyungsoo's heart beat faster than usual.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Kyungsoo. Happy birthday to you!" Jongin sings soulfully, and Kyungsoo can't help but feel a slight, automatic grin come on his face just from seeing this happen to him. "Thank you for being born, Do Kyungsoo." Those words create different shades of red on Kyungsoo's face as he watches Jongin's expression turn loving and warm. "Your past is your past, but your present is your present. All I care about is how you're sitting in front of me right now being you."

"Wh-What the hell," Kyungsoo whispers as he switches the direction of his head to avoid Jongin's affectionate eyes — also to avoid getting his terribly red face noticed by the damn idol. 

"You're a strong person. I mean, if that happened to me in the past, I would never last. But if those things didn't happen, I wouldn't know you and you wouldn't know me," Jongin says, but Kyungsoo is too red-faced to even look at him. "Now blow out this candle after you make a wish!" Jongin sets his knees down on the wooden floor for the cake to match Kyungsoo's eye level. Kyungsoo turns his head back to the guy and sees the lit, blue candle in front of him.

Kyungsoo gulps before closing his eyes to make a wish. Jongin can't help but want to have the guy's abilities of reading minds so he can hear his dang wish, but forgets all of that as he watches Kyungsoo open his eyes and blow out the candle.

"Thanks, Kim Jongin," Kyungsoo unanticipatedly thanks the person in front of him with a sincere expression which startles Jongin. Not only does this guy thank him, but he even looks like he means it — dead seriously. Jongin hasn't experienced such thanks from this guy ever since after Kyungsoo's father beat him in the halls and they hugged.

Right then, Kyungsoo feels Jongin's finger slide on his cheek. Not only that but with white frosting smeared clearly. Jongin's giant smile forms once he sees the expression of disbelief on Kyungsoo's face; the face he should be getting every single day. He isn't used to such a serious, thankful Kyungsoo and he would be dying in redness if he let that continue. 

"Kim Jongin," Kyungsoo hisses the name with deadly eyes, shoving his entire hand on the piece of cake sitting on Jongin's plate. He makes sure to grab all of it and presses his handful of vanilla cake on the guy's face. Unlike a normal person who would only smear a finger full of frosting on the other person's face as a reaction, this devil grabs a handful of cake and slaps it straight onto the other. Well, Jongin doesn't expect any less from Do Kyungsoo. Even if Kyungsoo doesn't have evil laughter come out of his mouth at the moment, Jongin is sure enough that the guy is cackling in his head from seeing his face like this. 

"Your turn!" Jongin shouts and runs over to the cake, grabbing two handfuls of it. 

"No no no no no!" Kyungsoo's eyes are wide as he sees his fate about to happen. He covers his face with his hands before Jongin can even slap his cake onto him, but Jongin doesn't let that burden him and speeds over to Kyungsoo. "I know what you're thinking!" Kyungsoo yells and runs because he knows Jongin was planning to whack the cake from behind him. Kyungsoo doesn't let Jongin only have the cake, he needs some too. He snatches handfulls of cake as well and throws them at Jongin's chest and stomach. "Yes! Score!"

"You're so going to get it!" Jongin laughs which triggers Kyungsoo's small laughter as he tries running away from the guy. That smile never fails to make Jongin have a race in heart. The way Kyungsoo's heart-shaped lips form when he smiles just makes Jongin like him more and more every second. Jongin grips onto Kyungsoo's wrist before the guy can run away from his cakey hand and pulls him back, but he accidentally yanks a bit too hard and Kyungsoo's face lands on Jongin's chest.

"Gotcha!" Jongin smacks his only hand left with cake onto Kyungsoo's left cheek. He doesn't realize how much Kyungsoo's heartbeat ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter