Kaisoo ::04::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Jongin, your school is too far from here. You need to get an apartment that is closer to the school," Chanyeol declares as they both sit on the family couches in Chanyeol's living room. Their positions act like Chanyeol’s giving him a harsh lecture, almost like Jongin committed something he didn’t actually do. "Plus, I don't want you to stay here any longer. You make my house smell like ." The realism is spoken. Jongin expresses false hurt as he holds onto the left side of his chest with his jaw hanging open.

"Come on, I can't just move because my school is far from here!" Jongin protests with distress. So far, school has been an awful experience in the world of Kim Jongin. He doesn’t feel like moving should be a factor just because of school. "Plus, SM is closer to here," he adds, trying to convince his manager. The only good thing about school is showing up to annoy his teacher, Mr. Do. He strangely finds satisfaction in it, especially since he’s found out a few secrets about this hellish spirit.

"They’ve specifically told me you should move. School is very important for an idol especially since you dropped out at a young age. You need an education, Jongin, and I'm pretty sure that your argument is invalid." Chanyeol snatches his bottle of water and gulps the liquid after saying the words he needed to say. "Plus, I want you to move as well. So it's win-win for me."

"Fine." The clear disappointment shows on the idol’s face, but knowing this is for his education, he doesn’t half- and accepts defeat.

 

 

Kyungsoo sits on his grass-colored couch in his apartment, correcting the student’s assignments. It's the weekend, and boy is he overjoyed about it. He enjoys the subject of English but teaching it to students is an entirely different objective. The worst part is that he’s the same age as his students (although they don’t know) and generally despises people.

He rests himself and watches the news in this fine morning. There is a story of a woman being assaulted, a man murdering a child, and many robbery incidents.

"The people in this world . . . why?" He immediately switches the channel after the humungous sigh, and the channel is called K-Teen News. "No, thank you." Just the name itself is so cheesy. He is about to change the imagery by clicking the “next” button, but he suddenly hears . . .

"Kai!" The female host says excitedly, and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at the name. Just hearing the name makes him want to beat his pillow again and even vomit. All the moments he can picture of the idol is the points of his life where he’d like to forget the most. There’s nothing good coming out of this celebrity, and Kyungsoo knows best.

"Yes, Kai! Isn't he fascinating?" The male host responds.

 

It's fascinating how much of an annoying brat he is.

 

"Have you heard? Kai is going to school to get an education. What a smart boy."

 

Probably because his company put him up to it.

 

"Kai is such a sweetie! Look at this charming video of him helping out an elderly woman with her grocery bags!”

 

Sweetie, pft! My .

 

"I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him." Kyungsoo grabs his gray sweater and slips it on vigorously. He needs to buy groceries for his survival in this world. He walks out of his apartment and heads for the elevator with the only thoughts of getting precious food for himself. Pressing the down button, he feels impatient because he lives on one of the top floors of the building. Wasting time is his leading pet peeve. The elevator doors open, and he steps inside nonchalantly. 

After a few floors down, the doors split open again and there is an old woman who wears a lot of makeup for her age. It’s obvious how she wants to try to look wealthy with a fur-obsessed outfit. She looks at Kyungsoo carefully and realizes he is the Do Kyungsoo. 

I’ve heard of this kid. Oh, crap. I have to ride the elevator with this devil?

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow when he hears her thoughts. He was about to greet her politely, but after hearing what she’s thinking, he decides it's best to just bow in utter silence. She is taken aback from his bowing after overhearing such nasty rumors about the man who lives on the twelfth floor. She doesn't know how to respond and just bows as well. They both find the awkward silence overcoming them after raising their upper bodies from their greeting. Just standing is excruciating for the two. Kyungsoo motions her to come into the elevator and gives her some space like a gentleman should, but if anything can describe this woman’s expression, it’d be the desire to escape the situation.

"Oh, no thanks. I just realized I forgot something in my room," she says as politely as possible to not cause trouble for herself. He watches her hastily speed-walk away from him, but he doesn't feel despair. The elevator door closes slowly, and he examines how she runs into her room before the doors seal. Things like this can’t make the Do Kyungsoo feel broken. Having people ignore, feel afraid, or even be awkward with him is something he can care less about; however, that one idol just brings the nerve out of hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter