Baekyeol ::09::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun stands inside a makeup store, acting completely natural because things like this are quite normal for him — not because of using makeup for himself but because of buying them for his younger sister, Hari. Some employees actually think he is shopping for makeup for his own personal use. Not that it is embarrassing to him, but he can't help but feel just the slightest self-conscious seeing random women awkwardly stare at him from time-to-time as he picks out some eyeliner. Starting tomorrow, Baekhyun has to work extra hours at the studio because he has been given the task to work on Jongin's appearance for the first few songs of the big concert on Saturday. Today is just another day of his mixed life.

Nighttime is present and out of the money Baekhyun has earned, he spends it on makeup for his sister he dearly loves. Recently he witnessed her trying to drown herself from the endless bullying she's experienced at school for her physical features. Even Hari admits that she is overweight which doesn't fit the beauty standards of the people around her. Hari requested Baekhyun to buy her makeup, and he agreed to it. Now he is paying for the things that Hari uses to cover herself from her reality. Baekhyun knows how much Hari is trying to make herself beautiful so she can become a person people like, but what he keeps thinking about is how she's trying to make herself beautiful for other people.

Is she doing this for herself?

Does it make her happy?

Baekhyun finishes up paying and exits the store, holding a black and hot pink striped bag. Making his way to his black bicycle, he wraps the white, stringed handle attached to the bag on the bike handle and hops on the seat. Not thinking of anything else in the world, his normal goal is just returning home safely and peacefully — well, usually. Today he just wants some fresh air and a place where he can think alone.

Cycling his way to his famous place, also known as the park, he feels the breeze rush through his hair, calming his thoughts. His pedalling stops and he hops off of his bike, stepping towards a swingset. He places his bottom on the red seat and just huffs. The assignment he is getting is amazing but it is also pressuring. The fact that he has to design perfect clothing with great makeup along with an awesome hairstyle is a bit stressful, especially for a college student who has been painting on canvases forever.

"Damn it," Baekhyun mutters and starts pushing his feet on the ground to move the swing backward. Honestly, artist's block is the worst thing in the world, and he is currently experiencing it right now. What colors should Jongin's outfit have? Should his hair be straight, spiked, waved, or what? 

"Byun Baekhyun?" He hears his name and looks up, only to see the person he feels like he hasn't seen in a decade.

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun stands up, a bit surprised to see the face he hasn't seen all day.

"Haha, I knew it was you when I saw you through my car window. Why are you sitting alone in the dark on a swing?" Chanyeol questions the smaller one with a blank expression as to why one of the closest people to him is sitting on a swing all alone under the night sky.

"Ah, just thinking," Baekhyun answers while Chanyeol sits on the swing next to the standing Baekhyun. Baekhyun sits down as well, remembering all the things Seulgi told him. She said he and Chanyeol are like yin and yang, salt and pepper, right and left, and front and back. The thoughts only make Baekhyun consider more about what Park Chanyeol can possibly mean to him. 

"You seemed stressed." Chanyeol catches on easily. Even if he's only known Baekhyun for a few weeks, he sure does know him like book he's read more than 20 times. "If there is something bothering you, you have to tell me because I'll be your outlet," says the proud Chanyeol that earns a scoff from the light brown-headed boy who scans him.

"You want to be my outlet, Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun questions, still scanning him up and down in a judgemental way. Chanyeol nods without another thought which lets Baekhyun chuckle a bit before shaking his head. "It's alright. It's nothing—"

"You idiot, I am here offering you to express yourself yet you have the nerve to reject it?" Chanyeol ruffles the guy's hair while nagging. "We're alone so don't think that you'll be embarrassed from venting. Byun Baekhyun, this is for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter