All ::04::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol leave Kyungsoo's apartment and head into the elevator in silence. Luhan and Sehun stand behind Baekhyun and Chanyeol as the elevator goes down. Baekhyun is the first one to show how awkward everything is by eyeing his right and left from time to time. He knows Kyungsoo isn't feeling well; not physically but deep inside and he can't help but wonder why.

"Kyungsoo is . . . sad, isn't he?" Sehun actually has the courage to question and Luhan gives a big sigh with a depressed expression. Chanyeol and Baekhyun also have a sorrowful face to signal how much they're worried for Kyungsoo who asked  them to leave early after yelling at a stranger at the door. But the guy was no stranger to Luhan. Luhan knows exactly who that man was and there is a strong fire in his soul.

"Yeah, he's sad, but I prefer the word broken," Luhan remarks and the word rings in the other three men's ears. "He acts tough but he's actually dying in the inside." The three look at Luhan at the same time with a wondering look on their face making Luhan explain the situation a bit more. "If anyone were to explain his past, the perfect term would be hell."

"How bad was it?" Chanyeol asks and each man in the elevator waits for Luhan's response.

"It hurts to have a person leave you for good — especially some you care about, right?" Luhan eyes the three dreadfully, and the three nod with an uneasy feeling in their stomachs to know Kyungsoo was left by someone. "Well, imagine if it happened to you 3 times." Right then, the elevator doors open slowly after a ring. The three are speechless from what Luhan just said. Kyungsoo was left by 3 people, and they can clearly understand that having only one person leave is heartbreaking. "We're at my floor, so have a safe trip home, alright?" Luhan pats Chanyeol's back once and pats Baekhyun's shoulder before exiting the elevator.

"Th-This is my floor too. I-It was nice m-meeting you," says Sehun as he leaves the transporter with his usual stuttering. He and Luhan bow quickly to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who are still heartbroken from hearing about Kyungsoo. The two bow as well before the elevator doors close again. 

"Three people. This is serious, Chan. It's already painful to be left by one person, but three?" Baekhyun huffs, and they both give a hurt looks on their face because they can't even imagine how it can possibly feel. "Let's be amazing friends with Kyungsoo, alright?" Chanyeol lightly smiles at the guy and pats the light brown hair in front of him. Baekhyun seems a bit flustered, but he let's Chanyeol continue. 

"Agreed!" Chanyeol agrees to Baekhyun's statement and removes his hand from Baekhyun's head.

 

"What do you mean he's been left by 3 people?" Sehun asks in a soft voice that obviously has a painful tone behind it. He watches as Luhan punches in his passcode to his apartment and clicks enter. Before Luhan even pulls his door open, he looks down at the ground with a bitter expression, feeling sour just from thinking of Kyungsoo's past. He wonders if Kyungsoo is sitting in his bedroom crying for his life. 

"The people who Kyungsoo thought cared about him ended up leaving him like a piece of garbage," Luhan answers with a sharp, displeased tone as Kyungsoo's memories cross his mind. Kyungsoo knew that his father was just extremely broken from not doing the right things with his life, but that last wrap of consideration for the man ended once he killed a man on Kyungsoo's birthday. He ended up going to prison for his life, but Luhan remembers clearly about the day where he saw Kyungsoo on the 12th floor, beaten to a pulp with Jongin beating a man which was Kyungsoo's father. Kyungsoo's mother left him an orphanage and she was the one thing Kyungsoo thought he had left in his life. He obviously loved her from the bottom of his heart and would do anything to get her back. That meant earning money for her and studying nonstop for endless hours just so he can earn the money his mother never had. After 4 years, he sees her again but with a husband and a child, only making him feel like nothing. He was a child who was replaced by another and it pains Luhan to even know that. Right after that happen — just the day after — Kyungsoo was left by the last person he'd ever think would leave him: his half-brother, Kim Jongdae. 

How insane must have Kyungsoo been from experiencing endless torture inside of him. Luhan is just proud how Kyungsoo is still alive and trying his best to live his life. What Luhan is even more proud of is how Kyungsoo has finally met a person that can make him smile so naturally: Kim Jongin.

"Was he betrayed?" Sehun inquires, still wondering what Kyungsoo's past is. He knows he has no sort of business to just ask about someone's personal past just like this, but seeing how Luhan looks so bitter and depressed, he's bound to want to know what happened.

"You're right on the line," Luhan implies and unseals his door fully. "If Kyungsoo trusts you, he will tell you. I have no right to tell someone else's story off the bat." Luhan keeps his loyalty to his best friend and is about to step inside his apartment, but Sehun stops him by putting his hand right in front of the man's face. Luhan backs up unsteadily in surprise once he experiences it. Sehun immediately deletes his right hand from Luhan's picture and puts it to the side of his hip, wiping it on his shirt from the awkwardness.

"S-Sorry. I didn't know why I did that," Sehun apologizes, not even knowing why he stopped Luhan in the first place. What was he going to say? What was he even going to do? He doesn't know. Why did I do that? Did I do that to make more time with him?

Luhan stares at the flustered boy in bewilderment and awaits a sentence to come out of the guy's mouth but nothing happens.

"Good night, Deerhun," Luhan says with a light smile along with a nickname that instantly triggers Sehun's tomato face. He walks forward and closes the door, leaving Sehun to only be in heartbeat acceleration from having an original nickname made by the one and only Luhan. Sehun being Sehun, he covers his flushed face with his left hand and tries opening his own apartment door which is next to Luhan's. 

Why won't it open?!

Mah life. Mah life. Mah life.

Sehun realizes how dumbstruck he is and notices how he didn't even put in his passcode. He p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter