Kaisoo ::016::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hey! Kim Jongin!" Kyungsoo knocks on Jongin's door, yelling for the teenager. Jongin isn't answering, so he feels the need to kick down the door and smack the guy across the face for not opening it so soon. "Kim! Jong! In!" Kyungsoo shouts even louder and is thankful how they are the only ones living on this floor. "If you don't open this door right now, I'm going to—"

"Do what?" The door opens in an instant and Jongin pops his head out from behind the gap of the door. Kyungsoo steps back a few from the shock, mentally cursing at the guy in front of him. 

 

The two flash back to their moment a few days ago where they hugged and Jongin comforted Kyungsoo wholeheartedly.

They both blush at the same time. Jongin clears his throat while Kyungsoo avoids his eye contact, scratching the back of his head. 

"We should get to the school," Kyungsoo speaks first with his annoyed tone. "Are you even ready yet?"

"Don't worry, I am." Jongin steps out of his apartment with his uniform on neatly which results in Kyungsoo not having anything to scold him for. "Did you wait for me?" Jongin's question makes Kyungsoo's cheeks warm up as they both step into the elevator together.

"O-Of course not! I just - I - um—"

Kyungsoo's stammering comes to an end when he hears Jongin's light chuckle.

His smiling and chuckling became familiar to Kyungsoo.

 

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Of course! I've earned this must just to not go?"

"Kyungsoo, stop! Stop!"

 

That chuckle reminded Kyungsoo of him. Unknowingly, Kyungsoo's hands turn to fists with an expression full of hatred and disgrace. His eyes close in desperation of getting rid of his thoughts. He's fought for too long to get rid of his past, yet why can't he forget it? Everything just shoots him back like bullets. He can't figure it out. He wants to forget.

"Are you okay?" Jongin breaks Kyungsoo's bad thoughts.

"I told you that I hated that question." Kyungsoo holds back his angry voice and calmly responds to Jongin's question. The elevator door opens and he steps out first without consulting Jongin's presence. Jongin feels his heart being torn apart from seeing the bruise next to Kyungsoo's lip as he passes by him. He remembers Luhan telling him that Kyungsoo was beaten by his father for 5 years straight. "What are you standing there for?" Jongin takes note that he is still standing in the elevator, staring at Kyungsoo's back. He feels embarrassment, but hides it, speeding up next to Kyungsoo. "Is your manager picking you up?" 

"Ah, no. I told him before I came to the school that I wanted my high school life to be as normal as possible. So, can you give me a ride?" Jongin asks politely and Kyungsoo feels the need to sink down because he is not used to this boy's nice behavior towards him. 

"F-Fine, but if you touch anything in my car, I will slit your throat." 

Jongin smiles acknowledging his evil teacher, Mr. Do. 

 

The two climb into Kyungsoo's car in silence and Kyungsoo starts driving to the school. 

The entire car ride is mute. No one is talking. Kyungsoo is too busy paying attention to the road and deeply thinking while Jongin looks out the window.

"A-Are you admiring the glass or something?" Kyungsoo attempts to break the silence. Jongin just reviews Kyungsoo's face without saying a word like it is something he was born to do. Kyungsoo glances at him in total discomfort. Jongin's eyes are burning through his very soul. "I know what you've been thinking about, Kim Jongin."

Jongin turns his head back to the window and tries hiding his face because he knows what he's been thinking about this entire time.

"You want to know about my past, don't you?" Kyungsoo's face turns bitter as he remembers every single moment, word, and second of his past like a curse. 

"I do, but I won't push you," Jongin replies once he sees how bitter Kyungsoo's face is. 

"We're here," Kyungsoo announces and parks his car in the parking lot, completely ignoring what Jongin said. They step out of the car and both of their eyes widen from the sight of the school.

Reporters are everywhere.

They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter