Kaisoo ::20::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo sits in his bedroom remembering how Saturday is his birthday which is in 2 days. Usually he'd never care about something like his date of birth, but for some reason, he knows that the idiot next door will do something for him. He doesn't expect it to be good either. His mother told that guy to make him happy especially on his birthday, so Kyungsoo has no idea what that damn guy has in mind. 

Kyungsoo picks up his cellphone that sits on a table beside his bed. He scrolls down his contact list, about to give a good night call to his mother but stops his scrolling once he sees a name that makes his eyes drop.

Kim Jongin's name is on his contact list, but that's not the end of it. There is a smiley face next to the name. Kyungsoo scoffs at his cellphone, remembering how Jongin took his phone earlier just to add his number. Unlike the usual Kyungsoo who would definitely delete the name with no regrets, he somehow finds himself keeping the name on the contact list with absolutely no reason to back him up. He then refreshes his memory of how Jongin waited outside of the school for 2 hours just for him. His heart skips a beat from the memory, but for some reason, he feels pleased by the idol's actions.

Jongin seats himself on his bed, scanning through his phone in boredom. He curses at himself because he should have added Kyungsoo's number into his phone. Now he has to wait until Kyungsoo calls or texts him in order to get the number in is history. Flopping himself on his comfy bed, he is shocked to hear a loud boom coming from outside which signals a thunderstorm for the night. He grunts in annoyance once he hears loud rain slamming his windows. Reminding himself that he has to go to school tomorrow, he covers himself under his blanket, shoving his face into his pillow.

Kyungsoo also hears this powerful thunder and eyes the continuous flashes shining through his window. The only thing that seperates the human and the storm is the window which is being shot by the rain like a target.

"So annoying," Kyungsoo mutters and groans as he tries to do as much as he can to get rid of the vociferous noises by shoving his fingers in his ears, covering his face with his pillow, and coating himself with his blanket like a burrito. He closes his eyes shut in addition, trying to calm down his mind but is interrupted by another loud boom that breaks down his walls of 'soundproof'. 

After a full 15 minutes of thunder, lightning, and rain that annoys the hell out of Kyungsoo, he gives up on the world and begins playing on his phone like anyone would do. He starts playing a math game (of all games) and gets number 1 on the top scores list like a professional. Well, he is a genius, anyway. After winning the game, he scrolls down more apps that don't catch his interest and just goes through the apps he already has. Obviously, he only has the default apps and just one math game which stamps him as a completely non-diverse teenager. In your words, he's probably a nerd, but don't be sorry because he believes in those words as well.

He's been studying his off for most of his life, anyway.

After clicking on a few apps, he ends up on his contact list and Kim Jongin's name pops up with a signature smiley face added for effect. Kyungsoo puckers his lip and rolls them around out of boredom. Since it is nighttime, he is not in his right mind and his fingers move on his own, clicking on the little envelope next to Jongin's phone number. Kyungsoo can hear Jongin's faint thoughts from behind his bedroom wall, so he already knows this guy is awake. Typing in the tiny, touch-screen keyboard, he starts their conversation.

Kyungsoo: You're awake. Are you having troubles sleeping as well?

Jongin hears his text tone and lazily grabs his cellphone beside him that is currently charging. He unseals his eyelids and sees an unknown number texting him. This person sounds extra stalkerish, knowing that he's not sleeping yet.

Jongin: May I help you? Are you a fan?

Kyungsoo: Are you ing serious?

Jongin: If you're stalking me, please go home. It's dangerous outside, so you should get some rest.

Kyungsoo: You're such a . It's Do Kyungsoo.

Jongin shoots up from his bed, sitting up straight while rubbing his eyes from the sting of the light blasting from his phone. He is still comprehending how Kyungsoo is texting him especially without him asking first.

Jongin: Oh, sorry! Yeah, I'm having some troubles sleeping. The thunder is so annoying! /sighs/

Kyungsoo: You can say that again. 

Jongin: The thunder is so annoying!

Kyungsoo: I didn't mean literally!

Jongin: Haha, I'm joking. Lol XD

Kyungsoo: Lol?

Jongin: Yeah, lol

Kyungsoo: What the is lol?

Jongin: You've gotta be kidding me

Kyungsoo: What?

Jongin grins from cheek to cheek from the amounts of cuteness this devil can have. Kyungsoo doesn't even know what 'lol' is which makes Jongin chuckle to himself while st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter