All ::08::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Deerhun!" Luhan shouts happily once Sehun opens his apartment door and a shining face is seen once the door is unsealed.

"Deerhan!" Sehun reacts with one of the most dazzling expressions a person could ever have. All dressed up and ready, he steps out of his apartment, closing the door behind him. "Are we ready to go?"

"Yep!" Luhan nods his head which leads them into going in the elevator. The deer head being gone is a bit different, but Luhan is getting used to it bit by bit. It symbolized how they first met and the start of everything. From helping Sehun overcome hiding his face slowly to poking fun just for the deer head being on the guy. Even if it feels like something is missing, Luhan knows that Sehun is overcoming his desire to hide his face and showing who he truly is under the mask. "Jongin gave us tickets to his concert tomorrow. We should make posters!" Sehun knows just how much Luhan is horrible at creating stuff from food to even art.

"Let's make them together!" Sehun responds with a desire to do the posters all on his own because he doesn't want Luhan getting close to a pair of scissors. 

A few days ago, Luhan made it clear that they would be going to the mall to visit Kim Jongdae at his book-signing event. He has one goal: ask him a few questions. Now today, they are off to the mall to visit Jongdae and get Luhan's questions answered. 

The two head into Sehun's car with light hearts because they are going on a trip together. After what has happened to them a few days ago, they are sure that they want to move on into the future instead of continuously thinking about the past. Even if Luhan wants to do his best in not pressuring Sehun with the past, he can't help but feel that there is something missing. Something that hasn't been revealed that he should know. Luhan is a sharp-minded soul and he is sure of it that there is something that Sehun isn't telling him. Sehun being a bully is surprising and him beating people is an image Luhan can't imagine. Luhan doesn't feel comfortable when people ask him about what has happened to him in the past whether it'd be bad or good, so asking Sehun is out of the question. Although Sehun can be completely different and not even care if his boyfriend asks him a question about himself, being someone he didn't want to be is something Luhan doesn't want to ask about. Sehun is Sehun, and Luhan's happy. All he wants is to move forward.

But why is something pulling him back?

"Is there something wrong, Luhan?" Sehun questions after feeling the unbearable silence coming from his boyfriend. Luhan is shocked to hear this because he has learned how to show that everything's alright even if he's incredibly angry, tired, or depressed. To have Sehun notice something in an instant shocks him but makes him feel warmth in his veins. 

"I'm fine." Luhan gives a small grin to signal how he's fine, but for some reason, Sehun doesn't believe his actions or words.

"I'm your boyfriend. I can tell when something's up," Sehun claims as he keeps his eyes locked on the road. Luhan's lips tighten from the fact that asking Sehun may be totally out of proportion. Of course it's easy to say the sentence, but when you have other things backed up in your head that try to figure out the consequences, it gets hard to ask. He doesn't know how Sehun's going to react if he asks a question about the past. 

"Just being stressed because exams are coming up. I have to make questions and submit them next week," Luhan answers, covering up the real reason why he's acting quiet. 

Sehun gives an "ahh," as a sign of understandment towards his teacher boyfriend who must be stressed from having students talk out of turn or from having to explain algebraic equations. "We're almost here," announces Sehun as he sees a few signs that tell him he's close to the mall where the book-signing event is at.

"Sehun, have you ever felt sad before? Not like sad, but more despair and gloom," Luhan questions not asking the full question he wants to ask because he wants to figure this out slowly without bluntly asking. For some reason, Sehun becomes muted. Luhan can see him try to come up with an answer which automatically has him guessing that his boyfriend has been in despair and gloom. Sehun is trying to open his mouth, but words just won't come out in the correct form. "So, you have," says Luhan after seeing how much Sehun is struggling to find a correct answer to his question.

He'll tell me when the time comes.

Luhan trusts Sehun, so waiting isn't going to hurt him. 

"We're here!" Sehun exclaims, making Luhan gaze out of the window to see the tall building. Sehun parks into an empty spot that took more than an eternity to find from the crazy amount of cars for a Friday afternoon. They both hop out of the black car with the only goal of getting in the damn mall in the mix of all these cars, asking Kyungsoo's brother a few questions, and leaving like there's no tomorrow. Walking into the building successfully, they look up at the 2nd floor hearing screaming chaos. "You don't think . . ."

"Oh, I do think," Luhan mutters once they stand in front of the book store that has a huge line that is continuously going outside of the store. "He can't be this popular. Not for a horror book." The line is full of men and women ranging from their teenage years to olden years and it surprises Sehun and Luhan more than anything. They've read a few cuts from Jongdae's book which has scary picture like little girls and other disturbing things. There's no way in hell that this many people like seeing those pictures. 

Luhan and Sehun stand at the end of the line knowing that it's going to take forever to get to the front.

"Luhan? It is you!" The two hear and turn their heads to see who is calling his name. Luhan's eyes widen once he sees who it is.

"Xiumin?!" It's been quite some time since Luhan has last seen Xiumin. "Where have you been?" Luhan stands there shocked because he remembers being head over heels for this guy whether he likes it or not. The feeling of receiving a wedding invitation from this guy was probably the worst feeling in the name of life to him, but the feeling is a bit blurred now. Now the worst feeling in the world to him was when he thought Sehun was going to give him up. 

"I've been searching for a better job to hold me up to survive in this world we live in." Xiumin takes mind of Sehun standing next to Luhan and just lightly smiles at him. The boyfriend of his close friend only lightly smiles at the guy who he thinks will sweep Luhan off his feet with a broom. "Are you in line for Kim Jongdae's book? I loved his book Mother Murdered Mary," comments Xiumin with a bright expression that shocks the couple who are still confused as to why Jongdae's books are so popular.

"Hey Xiumin, why do you think Kim Jongdae's so popular?" Luhan has the decency to ask because he wants it cleared up.

"You're in line and you don't even know that?" Xiumin's eyes are wide realizing that Luhan doesn't know. "Sure, he writes some pretty scary stuff, but he writes other things too. He writes more than at least three genres in all of his books. Whether it's romance, thriller, and comedy, or horror, fantasy, and action. He can even write more than that in his books, and they're really good! I'm quite judgemental when it comes to books, so I know which ones are good. His are very well done!" Xiumin compliments Kyungsoo's brother wholeheartedly which leaves Luhan hanging from a cliff because he doesn't even know anything. "Anyway, I have to go pick out an outfit for my interview next week. I'll see you later, alright?" Xiumin pats Luhan's shoulder, making Luhan nod his head and watch him walk away. 

"I guess he's quite a famous dude," Sehun whispers into Luhan's ear.

It takes about an hour or so just to get to the front of the line where they see Jongdae sitting at a table with a marker and a smile. Luhan is next in line after the teenage girl with short, black hair in a school uniform.

"Oh my gosh! I love you! I love you! I love you!" She screams which gives Luhan and Sehun a tiny jump; even Jongdae jumps in surprise. 

"Thank you. I'm glad that you love me! I hope you can read my new book I See You when it comes out!" Jongdae laughs after seeing the fan get pulled away by security because it gives him a warm feeling to have a fan that loves him that much. Jongdae's eyes widen once he sees the next fan in line which happens to be Luhan. "Luhan!" Jongdae is happy to see his brother's best friend in the line of his book-signing/fan meet. 

"Hey, Jongdae." Luhan puts a smile on his face to be respectful towards Kyungsoo's brother. He specifically remembers Kyungsoo almost dying because of what this guy did (including his mom and everyone). It makes him uncomfortable to see the person who made that happen. Remembering how he saved Kyungsoo that day, he walks up to the table. "I have a question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter