Kaisoo ::02::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jongin installs his in his seat feeling uncomfortable of the environment. He sees Mr. Do correcting the papers everyone was scared to hand in. The next assignment is to read page 289 in the English book and memorize it, then present every single word on Friday. Kyungsoo wants to test how prepared each student can be when they memorize and present. Everyone has to have a job where they at least speak a little bit, right?

Jongin eyes his book in boredom as he scans through the lines over and over again. After having acting lessons ever since he was a trainee, memorizing sentences is like eating and drinking; it comes easily for him. He feels slightly troubled with everyone looking at him like he’s worth a million bucks. He expected his classmates minding his presence but not so much as to where they don’t focus on their work. Attempting to pretend he doesn’t know about their stares, he keeps scanning his book. His eyes switch to Mr. Do after a few seconds who’s feeling tired from his lack of sleep. Kyungsoo's head bobs up and down as his eyes are trying to stay open, making Jongin finally realizes why this person is so familiar to him. His teacher is the person he saw in the coffee shop yesterday. The thought of chuckling at his teacher who was sleeping in a café makes him want to bang his head with his book.

He looked so nice and peaceful though. Why is he so mean and rude here? Jongin is thinking of how different the man possibly is from the peaceful-looking one at the coffee shop. Kyungsoo hears the idol’s thoughts and donates a glare to him because it seems like he really needed the donation. Jongin immediately jumps a bit and avoids the man's eye contact.

It was like he heard my thoughts.

Stupid, of course I can hear them, Kyungsoo answers in his thoughts as he marks one of the papers a '60%' in bright red ink. He sighs at the poorly written essay and places it on the pile to his right. What does he mean by I'm so mean and rude here?

Suddenly, the school bell is heard and everyone grabs all of their belongings as quick as possible. Anyone would want to leave Mr. Do's classroom right away. Jongin is greeted by a few female students that kept staring and giggling at him during class. They ask for his autograph right in front of the annoyed Mr. Do who’s already sick of the idol’s face. 

By the time everyone leaves, Kyungsoo releases a sigh and his head drops onto his desk. When his eyes close, he feels super relieved. That annoying, little brat made everyone's attention become the size of a bird's brain! He was frustrated by everyone's noise during class. 

Kyungsoo feels lucky to not have a teaching hour right now and begins to sleep. 

 

Jongin tries to get to his next class in the mix of the crowd. It doesn't bother him that he has fans. In fact, he loves them, but they can create a whole new stir for him in his personal life. All he wants to do is complete high school and get a diploma. He reaches his classroom and enters inside where there is a nicer-looking teacher. She smiles at him as he steps inside, knowing Jongin is the new, celebrity student.

"Hello, my name is Kim Jongin, but most call me Kai. It's a pleasure to meet you! Please treat me well!" He bows to her with the same greeting he did with Mr. Do. 

"Hello, Kai! It is very nice to meet you! Please sit wherever you like!" She greets gleefully and Jongin picks the seat in the middle row after a content smile. "Ah! Kai!" She speaks up and he is brought to attention from the burst. "My daughter really likes your music. May I please have an autograph?"

"Haha, of course, Mrs. Han!" Jongin smiles at her brightly with joy filling his stomach because his teacher actually knows who he is, and her daughter is a fan. He’s surprised by how different Mrs. Han is from Mr. Do. Jongin tries to grab his phone out of his pocket to check if Chanyeol messaged him anything, but doesn't feel anything which makes his body feel empty as he begins to freak out. He curses in his mind because he recalls leaving his phone in Mr. Do's classroom. "Ah, Mrs. Han. I kind of left my phone in my other class. Do you mind if I get it?"

"Ah, no problem. Go ahead!" She chirps at the polite boy, expecting an autograph from him later.

 

, I have to go through this again. Jongin tries moving through the screaming crowd and somehow finds his way in front of Mr. Do's classroom. He squishes himself through the gap of the door and almost falls onto the floor from being off-balance. He looks up and notices Mr. Do fast asleep with a red marker in his right hand. "Does this guy ever get sleep?" He walks closer to him and examines how Mr. Do is completely knocked out. Drool slips out of his mouth, and he just chuckles at the sight. "He sleeps just like a regular kid." It’s pleasant to see how a devilish teacher can look so composed in sleeping mode. Jongin finds Mr. Do's lethargic face amusing. He notes the red marker falling out of Mr. Do's hand and briskly catches it before it touches the floor.

Right at that moment, Mr. Do's eyes open, and he sees the last person he’d ever want to see: the person who caused so much annoying screaming and short attention spans of his students, Kim Jongin. 

"What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asks the male in a blunt voice. Jongin sure as hell wishes Mr. Do's eyes wouldn’t’ve opened. "Are you skipping class?"

"N-No! Definitely not! I just forgot my phone," Jongin protests, feeling way too guilty for something he shouldn't have to be guilty for. He looks at the desk he sat at and notices how his phone is nowhere to be seen. "Ah, crap."

"Phone missing?" Kyungsoo guesses correctly, and Jongin gives him a 'caught' smile. "Must feel real horrible, right?" He mocks the boy, and Jongin feels hatred towards him by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter