Baekyeol ::03::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"That dang judge didn't even get my agreement," Baekhyun rants in his bedroom, sitting on his bed with his arms crossed. He glances at the piece of crumbled paper in his right hand that man gave him with the address of the building. Checking side-to-side for a clock, he sees that it is 4:50pm and that tall guy specifically told him to be there at 6. "Ah, I don't know!" Baekhyun grips onto his head in frustration and rolls side-to-side. 

He gets a phone call and abruptly picks it up. It's Lay.

"Lay!" Baekhyun shouts as a greeting.

"Baek!" Lay responds and they both laugh a little. "Thanks for styling me up earlier! The judges were impressed!" Lay thanks and Baekhyun chuckles.

"No problem!" Baekhyun reaches for his laptop naturally and starts going on the internet. 

"I can't believe you! You're the best makeup artist and stylist in this damn university!" Lay yells and Baekhyun pulls his phone away from his ear for a second from the loudness. "I can't believe they were already full before you got accepted."

"Eh, that's reality. Kendall was already full of makeup artists and fashion designers. Isn't that insane?! Guess painting had to be my forte. Plus, my dad doesn't want me to do makeup and design for a living." Baekhyun tilts his head to hold the phone on his shoulder as he types in 'cool makeup looks' on Google. "Holy !"

"What?" Lay reacts with high anticipation of why Baekhyun cursed.

"I love the eyeliner this girl is using," Baekhyun talks about makeup so easily with Lay. 

"What's with your obsession with eyeliner?!"

"Shut up, Yixing!"

"It's Lay. L-A-Y! LAY!"

"Who ing cares?!"

"Me!" Lay shouts and Baekhyun doesn't want to argue anymore. "Anyway, why don't you do something that involves makeup if you're so into it?! Painting is so not you! I mean, I'm making my dreams come true with dancing and singing, so why don't you just start doing makeup and design?" Baekhyun admits that the guy has a very good point and eyes the piece of crumbled paper beside him. He then flashes back to that tall, spikey-haired judge that completely ignored what he had to say. His teeth clench after the thought and feels a dash of annoyance filling his veins.

"I have to go, Lay!" Baekhyun hangs up the phone and is in deep thought. He keeps debating on whether he should go to that studio or not. 

"Hey! Byun Baekhyun!" He hears his name being yelled through his bedroom door and stiffens because he knows it is his mother. "Hey!" She barges into his room with a pink apron on. "I need you to go to the store and get me some ingredients!" She shouts even though she doesn't need to.

"Mom! Quiet down!" Baekhyun covers his ears from the noisiness. "Why don't you go to the store youself?"

"You can't even do this one favor for me? Huh?!" His mother slaps him with her right palm on the shoulder and he flinches. "If you don't get me these ingredients, the next thing I hit you with is my wooden spoon! Now hurry up!" Throwing a slip of paper with all of the ingredients she needs, she starts spanking him on his and he jumps out of the room to avoid his mother's palm of death.

"That woman's temper!" Baekhyun whines as he exits the house with the list in his hands. He finds his eyes to widen once he sees the crumbled slip of paper with the studio's address in his hands as well. "It's like heaven wants me to work there,"  says Baekhyun who didn't even realize he had it in his hands until now. He hops onto his bicycle and starts riding. He glimpses at the address again as it haunts him. 

It's the same road as the grocery store.

Baekhyun keeps riding down the sidewalks and finds his way into downtown where everything is. He spots the grocery store a few blocks down and wants to spit out water (if he had some) from seeing the very studio right across from the grocery store.

"What kind of fate is this?!" Baekhyun shouts and some people eye him like he is bizarre.

His eyes drop once he finds himself actually in front of the SM Artist Studio, looking at it closely. 

I totally just betrayed my pride. Baekhyun wants to cry.

Carefully opening the glass door, he sees many other people go through, not even thanking him for holding the door open for them. He squints evilly at every single person who goes through.

Entering the wide building, he looks around and sees many makeup artists, hair stylists, and fashion designers. His eyes are filled with sparkles because he feels like he found the place he belongs to.

"It's you!" He hears and looks forward, only to see that one judge who he almost knocked out. The guy runs toward Baekhyun. "You came!" He looks happy and amazed to see Baekhyun standing in the building. "Oh yeah, I must introduce myself. My name is Park Chanyeol. I'm a manager at SM. What is your name?"

"I'm Byun Baekhyun, painter at Kendall Arts University." Chanyeol shakes the male's hand excitedly because he will not be getting fired by his boss today. "So, why am I here again?" Baekhyuns pretends he doesn't know so Chanyeol can repeat it.

"Our best makeup artist and stylist, Irene, quit. So, we need a new one who is even better than her! Please tell me you're amazing at makeup, hair, and fashion." Chanyeol has desperation shining through his eyes and Baekhyun feels slightly uncomfortable by the tall one's presence. 

"Well, I'm not bad, if that's what you're asking," Baekhyun boasts while glancing around the huge salon.

"Then show us your skills," they both hear from behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter