Hunhan/Kaisoo ::04::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It is the next day and the start of an entirely new week after so many commotions from the last week. Kyungsoo has to return to being "Mr. Do" while having to be his normal, usual self that people all around him know. The tough, rude, and harsh persona that he's built up for long years is probably the easiest thing for Kyungsoo to uphold as he sits in his chair, pulled up at his desk. Staring at his pen that he's currently tapping on the wood, he zones out from being in deep thoughts. The happiness he felt when he was hanging out with those 5 idiots at the zoo, the warmth of Jongin's words towards him once he heard his past, the feeling of Jongin's lips connected to his, and the confusing emotions he felt once he learned Jongdae's story, it gives him a headache. Kyungsoo sits in his classrom quite early for a teacher and grips onto his head, closing the world from him. Staying in his apartment would only cause him to have deeper thoughts. 

As the class gets closer to the start, Kyungsoo notices how all of the students are there except for one: Kim Jongin. He's been watching the door from time to time just to see if the idol steps inside, but Jongin hasn't. 

 

Ah, he's probably practicing for his concert.

 

Kyungsoo doesn't mind that Jongin's practicing for his big concert on Saturday. It's for his job, so he understands. The kid went through depression just because he wanted to be on a stage, and Kyungsoo respects that. It surprises him how much a celebrity can suddenly be like such a normal person if you get to know them. Kyungsoo knows it first-hand.

"Mr. Do! Someone asked me to give this to you," Kyungsoo hears and looks up to see one of his students, Kim Joonmyun, speeding up to his desk with an envelope in his right hand. Joonmyun makes it to Mr. Do's desk and slides the baby blue envelope on it slowly. "It says happy birthday. Mr. Do, is it your birthday today?" questions Joonmyun who admires his teacher for everything he's done for the students, especially the idol, Kai. 

"It was two days ago," Kyungsoo answers nonchalantly and unseals the envelope with no idea who it is from. He pulls out the card and carefully opens it.

 

Happy birthday, Do Kyungsoo.

Thanks for getting in my way.

 

Kyungsoo tilts his head after reading the card. "Who gave this to you?" He asks Joonmyun who stands before him.

"Someone outside of the school. The person was wearing baggy, thick clothes, so I couldn't tell if the person was a he or she. The person was also wearing a mouth mask. I was just asked to give that envelope to you and that's it. Nothing else," Joonmyun explains as Kyungsoo double checks if this student is lying by reading his mind. Turns out he's not lying and now it confuses Kyungsoo even more.

 

"Thanks for getting in my way."

 

In the way of what? 

 

Kyungsoo sits there in total confusion and slides the card into his brown bag beside his desk. He doesn't recall seeing handwriting like that ever in his life and doesn't remember any moment of getting in someone's way. 

"H-Happy birthday, Mr. Do. Well, late birthday," Joonmyun says to him which surprises him a little. He has never heard one of his students say that in his life. The feeling of it is so new to him.

"Th-Thanks, Joonmyun." He softens a bit but doesn't smile. He never smiles and everyone knows that. Although Joonmyun knows that, he can tell there is a slight change of the atmosphere in Kyungsoo's evil presence; it's softer.

The school bell chimes and every student rushes to their seats in chaos. Kyungsoo stands up, already getting prepared for the school day to end because even if being in his apartment alone causes him to negatively think, he knows that it is his most comfortable location. 

"Next Monday we will be having a quiz." He receives a bucket load of students groaning from the news. "But before that, we will be writing a personal narrative. There are only a few rules. Number one, the narrative must be in English and only English. Number two, I want your narrative to be in first person. Number three, pick an event that happened in your life. From failures, victories, changes in your life, a memory, and anything else. It has to be experienced by you and only you. Number four, look at our website for the rubric. Highly recommended. This will be a big part of your test grade which you will be having next Friday. If you have any questions, please raise your hand." Kyungsoo's voice sounds unamused and completely bored out as he explains their next assignment. No one raises their hand which makes Kyungsoo continue on. He notices how Jongin's seat is empty which somehow makes his heart feel empty as well. He's so used to seei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter