Kaisoo ::021::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"K-Kim Jongdae." Kyungsoo is speechless as his body shakes tremendously. Eyes are enlarged, red, and watery. His heart is racing from just seeing this one face and there is no way it's out of affection. He hasn't seen this person in 7 years. His teeth clench at the sight of the man and his lips waver from doing so. So he was right. It was Kim Jongdae walking across the street, eating noodles in that restaurant, and thinking of him near that coffee shop.

"D-Do Kyungsoo. How have you been?—"

"Get away from me!" Kyungsoo yells at the man who has a hurt expression, but knows he deserves it. Everyone in Kyungsoo's apartment hears this commotion and looks toward the front door where they see a figure standing with a black jacket. Jongin looks shocked to hear Kyungsoo yelling and stands up to see what is going on. 

"Please, just listen to me. Please," Jongdae says softly with a begging expression that stings Kyungsoo's stomach. All of those horrible memories start flooding Kyungsoo's mind and hot tears escape his eyes. Jongdae isn't surprised to see this because he knows exactly why Kyungsoo is crying. Instead, Jongdae embraces the pain off of Kyungsoo's face knowing how much he deserves this treatment. "Please—"

"Don't!" Kyungsoo looks straight into Jongdae's eyes without blinking, letting the man see his hatred and pain. "I have no reason to listen to you!" Kyungsoo's hands turns into vibrating fists from seeing Kim Jongdae in front of him. All of the sudden, Jongin's hand attaches to Kyungsoo's left shoulder and he is surprised to hear all of the yelling escape Kyungsoo's mouth. Of course he is used to being yelled at by the guy, but for some reason, something feels different and not in a good way. Kyungsoo glances at Jongin for a moment out of shock from the hand that is placed on his shoulder and immediately removes it by jerking backwards. Jongin slowly retreats his hand and places it beside his hip, stunned from Kyungsoo's actions.

Kyungsoo goes back to glaring at the person standing in front of him. Luhan also hears this chaos and runs up to Kyungsoo who he is worried about. Luhan first sees Kyungsoo in a crying face with evil eyes and Jongin who feels warped emotions. Luhan looks up to see a stranger behind the doorline and his eyes widen.

"You're the guy from the vendor," Luhan realizes while scanning the guy's face. He remembers thinking how familiar this guy looked and then everything gradually pieces together. Now why would this guy be at Do Kyungsoo's apartment holding a gift bag in his hands? He recalls a photo from Kyungsoo's childhood and sees how rageful Kyungsoo's face looks at the moment. "You can't happen to be . . . Kim Jongdae, right?" Luhan refreshes his memory and thinks back to when Kyungsoo revealed his past to him. There was one name that he recalls and it none other than belongs to the person in front of him.

Baekhyun, Sehun, and Chanyeol sit at the coffee table in confusion but know there is something not right. Baekhyun is about to check up on the guys, but Chanyeol pulls him back because even he would know if something isn't their business.

"I-I— mom wants us to spend time together for your birthday at her house," Jongdae declares without looking Kyungsoo in the eyes because he is too ashamed.

Mom? Jongin questions in his mind.

"Liar. If she wanted me to, she'd call me, not send you of all people," Kyungsoo responds with a harsh tone. "You haven't changed at all. You're still a liar." He doesn't even budge from his wrathful expression. "Go home and never show your face to me ever again." Kyungsoo slams the door shut and passes through Jongin and Luhan easily from his small figure. He storms his way to his bedroom.

Jongin doesn't know how to react. Who was that guy and what did he have to do with Kyungsoo? That's all he can think about at the moment. Kyungsoo looked so angry, but there was clear hurt and pain in his eyes. 

Jongdae stands in the hallway with his head hanging down. He knew Kyungsoo would react like that, but it hurts even more than he thought. Slightly bending down, he places his gift in front of the door with watery eyes. Sniffing can be heard, but he tries to hide it. He uses his sleeves to wipe the tears that stroll down his cheeks before walking towards the elevator. The sound of a click of Kyungsoo's apartment door is heard and it opens, making Jongdae turn around to see who is unsealing it. He sees a tall, black-haired male exit and close the door before approaching him.

"Let me ask this once. Who are you and why was Kyungsoo like that?" Kim Jongin stands in front of the man, asking the question he's trying to piece together. Jongdae is amazed to see how much this guy cares about who he is or what he has to do with Kyungsoo.

"I'm Kyungsoo's brother — well, half-brother anyway," Jongdae clarifies for the young male who seems to be shocked from the answer. "May I ask what relation you have to him?"

"I'm his friend." Jongin stares at the guy, shaken up from solving a piece of Kyungsoo's puzzle. Ms. Kim has a different son and adopted Do Kyungsoo. He understands a little bit more about Kyungsoo but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter