Hunhan/Baekyeol ::02::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Please stop! Please!" He feels a big blow on his right side from the massive kicks given to him. The bottom of the assailant's shoe feels like sharp spikes from how hard he is kicking. "Ah!" The victim screams in pain from the beating he's getting. The assailant and the victim are far away from the school they go to and are in a narrow alley. 

"So, you bring that chatty mouth of yours and tattle on me? How cheap." The owner of the voice has dead eyes that look as if they have no life at all. The straight face overwhelms the student on the ground, curling up with blood and bruises stained on his face. His collar is firmly gripped as the hands pull him up close. "You know, I didn't plan to beat you like this." A pair of fingers push the victim's forehead harshly like the person is a toy. The shame, the hurt, and the misery crawls through the victim's veins. He's afraid of the next blow but knows it's coming his way. 

"I-I'm sorry!"

"Sorry? What does that change, huh?" A pause is made between the two. "Answer me, Hansol."

The humiliation is real for Hansol as the bully is on top of him, holding onto his collar, only letting his head hang back. The words "I'm sorry for telling on you" escapes Hansol's mouth. He knows that it won't let him escape the grasp of the bully and it won't gain him anything for replying to the question. All he wants is to take chances and try fleeing from this alley.

There sits a large pile of bricks and debris standing next to the two guys on the ground. The bully on top while Hansol is under him. Surprisingly, the bully stands up, releasing the white collar from his tough hands with devious eyes. The tough look of the bully's face is so strong that it's hard to see what is really there. He looks away for a second just to check if anyone is there peeking at the commotion happening. All of his anger is transferred to his right foot, and he boots Hansol harshly on the right side of the chest. Hansol is in complete shock as he feels it in a flash and the feeling of such a sharp pain coming through his back becomes reality. It so happens that the most famous bully in his high school, Oh Sehun, is now beating him to a pulp. Hansol's back does not recover from the intense pain he feels, but that doesn't sum up what has happened. The tall pile of bricks and debris is what Hansol happened to be slammed into, and the worst part is those bricks and debris start to fall. 

A few giant bricks smash Hansol's left hand. The feeling is like throwing one large, cement figure off a tall building and having it fall on a small hand with all the force it's got. The shock and pain is shown in Hansol's eyes as he acknowledges the heavy bricks fall onto his only hand that represents his dreams; his dream of becoming a professional comic book artist. His only dream is being killed in front of him. He wishes it isn't true. The hell he is experiencing is not ending anytime soon nor is Oh Sehun's hell. 

The look on Sehun's face as he sees the bricks fall on Hansol's left hand is so stunned. Ripping Hansol's sketchbook to shreds was a slight joke to him, but to see the dominant hand of Hansol's vanish into thin air is the most horrible feeling in the world. A strike of lightning hits his heart and his stomach stings incredibly. He remembers seeing Hansol doodling in his sketchbook with such a focused yet with such an enthusiastic face. Not only that, but Hansol was using his left hand whenever he doodled and that pains Sehun the most as he sees what is happening in front of him like a scene from TV. Hansol's eyes are fully red with pain but there is clear misery. Sehun doesn't even know what to do, but he runs forward towards the guy.

"H-Hansol!"

 

Sehun feels a shock in his chest as he looks at his laptop screen. Just staring at a screen can have you go through so many imaginations, but for Sehun, the only thing he thinks about is his past as the most famous bully in his school. Everything comes back to mind as he gazes at his laptop with his photoshop open. The look of dread is shown on Sehun's face as he recalls everything that he's done. The regret, the pain, the torture, he's familiar with it all. It's nothing new, and he's quite disgusted by that. Having Hansol hate him is understandable, and it pains him to know he can do the closest to nothing about it.

Hiding behind masks for years because he feels that if he shows his face, it is the most despicable thing to man. He realizes that he hid himself like a coward who didn't own up to his actions. He didn't want to see such hate and evil come towards him. Instead, he hid himself from the victim like a damn pessimist who didn't even want to step a single centimeter out of his house. The shame he felt is still there inside of him, and there is no way to get rid of it. Even if there is a way, he wouldn't even want to find it because he wants to feel this shame.

If there is anyway to get rid of his dolorous thoughts, he plugs his ears with his white earphones and turns up the volume higher than an average person. He wants to get his new design done before his deadline and get it submitted before he gets yelled at by his boss. Looking at the time, he notices how it's almost time for his boyfriend to get home. The warm feeling floods his heart as he imagines Luhan's figure sitting next to him, watching him design his graphics. He imagines Luhan smiling and being a good audience. No one has ever made Sehun's heart feel this way and to know that Luhan is the only person who can take Sehun's heart to an entirely new level makes him smile. The urge to see his boyfriend is tempting.

He knows Luhan is trying to act as a good boyfriend by not making such a huge deal out of his past, but Sehun knows deep inside that Luhan is in sorrow from learning it. Luhan is trying to make Sehun feel comfortable in their relationship by not touching the sensitive places like the past. Sehun admires that, but it hurts him to watch.

"But what you did . . . why did you hide?"

Luhan's words hit Sehun's heart deeply.

 

Because I'm a coward.

 

Sehun suddenly hears his doorbell ring out of nowhere and stands up, speedwalking towards the door. He pushes it open a gap to see who this person looks like. The sight of his boyfriend's face excites him and he opens the door wider.

"I'm back!" Luhan exclaims with a smile that makes Sehun feel like he's in heaven. 

"Luhan! Come in!" Sehun motions Luhan inside, and Luhan slips off his brown shoes naturally. "How was teaching?" The bright face Sehun is making creates Luhan's heart warmth.

There's something bothering Luhan tremendously. At school, he kept thinking about it more than anything else.

Why does he feel like something is missing in Sehun's story?

Luhan doesn't know why though. It's just a strange feeling. 

"It was good. How was your day at home?" Luhan greets professionally as they make their way to Sehun's bedroom. Both of their faces become flushed once they see the bed. Luhan awkwardly clears his throat and sits down in the chair beside Sehun's desk chair. Sehun makes his way there as well and sits down where his laptop is in front of him with a clear canvas pulled up on his photoshop.

"It was good. It would've been better if you were here," Sehun responds with a lighthearted smile.

"Ah, so cheesy," Luhan comments with a small chuckle that brightens Sehun's mind. "Are you working on a design?" asks Luhan who places his left elbow on the desk, cheek plopped on his left palm as he looks at the screen. Sehun unknowingly blushes once he sees his imagination coming true. 

"Mhm. I'm designing a book cover for a novel by . . ." Sehun surfs through his files in his laptop to search for the name of the book he is designing for. "Kim Jongdae." Luhan and Sehun's eyes shoot wide because they remember researching about Jongdae the other day and seeing him with Kyungsoo a few days ago. 

"Wow, such a small world, but I'm sure you will come up with something amazing." Luhan doesn't take his eyes off the screen as he reads the page for Sehun's assignment. There it is; Jongdae's horror novel titled I See You. 

"I'm really bad at horror stuff! I have no experience with horror!" Sehun sighs from the thought of just the genre alone. "Wait!" His eyes sparkle at his thought. "Luhan, let's go to a haunted house!"

 

 

Baekhyun lays on his bed, curled up in a ball from the position he had last night. All of yesterday was reality, and Baekhyun's heart still feels like it's burning from toxic. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter