Hunhan ::01::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan wakes up on the ground, trying to remember what happened yesterday. He squints at the blurry sight and waits until his vision becomes clearer. He feels his face feeling numb and gets the idea that it is because he was crying so much last night. The stricken reality stings his chest from remembering the text message he got yesterday.

He brushes his teeth slower than usual, doesn't brush his hair at all, and slips on random clothing from his drawer. He hears his door bell and unenthusiastically opens his front door.

"Hey, Luhan. I brought the cake." He examines Kyungsoo who looks like he just woke up as well. Luhan regards the cake in Kyungsoo's hands and curses at himself for not helping him.

"I'm so sorry I didn't help you, but I would have ruined it anyway. Thanks, D.O." Kyungsoo hands Luhan the cake and looks at him with pity. He notices the unmatched socks, the improperly buttoned shirt, and his fly being open. Everyone knows Luhan is probably the neatest person alive. If what he is seeing right now is a phenomenon, something is definitely wrong.

"I'm not going to ask you if you're alright because I know you're not," Kyungsoo says considerately and Luhan gives a smile. Kyungsoo knows very well how fake it is. That text must have ruined Luhan’s soul.

"I'm completely fine, Kyungsoo. No need to worry about me!" Luhan smiles brightly, but Kyungsoo can’t stand it. I know I'm not fine, but that's how it always is. Thanks for worrying, Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo hears the man's thoughts and gives a tiny grin.

"You're strong, so I know you'll get through it. You know, you always have me," Kyungsoo adds with sincerity. "Wait, now I'm sounding like a teenage girl, but you get what I mean—"

"Thanks, Kyung." Luhan ruffles Kyungsoo's hair like an older brother. He knows Kyungsoo is the only person he can rely on after all these years. "I'm going to give this to the new neighbor. I think he's already here. So, I'll see you later."

"Alright." Kyungsoo waves in despair at the man and enters the elevator. His devil armor is broken whenever it comes to Luhan. The fact that Luhan is having a hard time makes Kyungsoo have a hard time. Luhan always smiles, but Kyungsoo can tell whether it’s fake or not. It’s difficult for Luhan to always be the “nice guy” when he’s depressed, but there’s no getting out of it once you’ve already created a name tag for yourself.

 

Luhan fixes his outfit and hair before going out to greet the new neighbor. He inserts his feet into his sneakers, grabs the cake, and then walks out the door. He views the door next to his and rings the doorbell. Exercising his face muscles, he has the intent to put on a smile as welcoming as possible. It takes about 10 seconds until Luhan can see the door crack open. The person behind the door sees a man with straight brown hair and a ready-to-go smile which lets him open the door fully.

"Holy ! I mean—" Luhan jumps once he sees what's in front of him and almost drops the cake.

The person, his neighbor, is wearing a deer head. A large, furry, brown, real-looking deer head with mortifying dark eyes.

Luhan can perfectly see that this person is a male and fairly tall. The guy wears a lavender t-shirt with gray sweatpants which says he’s in casual gear. Luhan tries not to judge the dude, but can't help but wonder, why the is he wearing a deer head?

"Hello, I'm Luhan. I live right next door and I came here to give you a welcoming gift." Luhan tries his best not to stutter or be awkward but all he can do is question everything in reality. He pushes the cake slightly in front of the deer head and his neighbor steps back a little.

"Hello, I'm Oh Sehun. Thanks so much!" Sehun bows down and accepts the cake, but Luhan cannot take his eyes off of the mask Sehun is wearing. There is an awkward silence, and Luhan laughs a little to cool it off like it’s nothing. He wants to know what kind of expression this guy has or how he even looks like under the dang deer head.

"I hope you have a nice stay here." Luhan smiles merrily. He wants to cry after experiencing this weird situation that he never thought would happen to someone like him. "If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask." He bows before he starts to walk away and punches in his passcode on his door. He notices that Sehun ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter