Kaisoo ::01::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Alright class, you have to write a 5-paragraphed essay and turn it in by the beginning of class tomorrow. Remember what I always say; I do not accept late assignments. If it's even 1 minute or a second late, you get a half credit. If it's more than 30 minutes late, you get a zero!"

There he is. Do Kyungsoo, the teacher all students believe is a child dropped from Hell. Well, dropped from Hell and landed on the building known as Sangin High School.

"By Friday, you will have to memorize all the sentences on page 289 in your textbook. I will be picking random students to say the phrases in front of class. Now, please leave." He motions his hand thinking, get out now or else I will smash your stupid faces to the wall.

He hears everyone groan from the amount of things they have to do for his class, alone. I should be the one groaning from the amount of things I have to prepare for you students.

He senses himself having a humongous weight lift from his frail shoulders as his students leave his classroom. He always does when he sees the backs of his students straddle away from him. There isn’t much to like about being a high school teacher, at least that’s what Kyungsoo admits. Many students are reckless, irresponsible, and disrespectful: three things which shouldn’t come across his soul. Wondering why he even applied for this career? He won't say and won't tell. It's somewhat a "secret" to his tiny soul.

Regarding a pretty, young girl walking in with a huge smile plastered on her face, he doesn’t expect anything good. Not one student can ever be able to smile at Mr. Do without faking it, and he apprehends that. He can already tell this girl is one of those capricious students from how short her skirt is and how her smile is enormous, thinking her teacher will fall on his knees just for seeing it. Not expecting anything good to come out of , he stares at her with the most bored expression known to man.

"Mr. Do! Hi, I was just wondering if you could give me an extension for the 5-paragraphed paper due tomorrow. I have a very important dinner with my family. My relatives are coming to my house, so we have to prepare for it." Kyungsoo glances at her, disinterested, while typing on his laptop keyboard.

 

Yeah, right. I'm getting ready for this party tonight! He hears the girl's thought.

 

Wait. Did Kyungsoo just read her mind?

Oh yes he did.

 

"Sorry, Song Saera, but I will not give you an extension. I don't give extra time for people. I mean, your family would think it’s unfair, right?" He presents her a sassy look as he lets his mind-reading have some use. "Give me the paper tomorrow or else you get a zero and fail my class." Saera slightly scoffs at his response to her lie, and he feels the need to whack that distaste off her face.

"What about my family? I can't do it if I have to prepare for them!" The volume of her voice increases, allowing Kyungsoo to be annoyed as . 

"Should I give you a zero right now, Miss Song?" His glare of death shuts her up, and the sharpness in all his syllables doesn't hesitate to send shivers down her spine. She grits her teeth in front of the male with her hands in irritable fists, despite the fact that those fists are sweating more and more by the second. "Please leave if you have nothing else to say." Kyungsoo gets back to typing on his laptop without sparing her another eye. She marks her light stomps as she exits the classroom with a tempered look on her face, clearly showing she’s not happy with the damn man. Thinking Mr. Do isn’t looking, a flaming glare develops on her pretty face before shutting the door.

"Did you get an extension?" Asks her two friends as she leaves the classroom, feeling uneasy from the expression she has. Realizing how the party is no longer on her schedule because of the damn man behind that door, her bad blood has never been more present.

"He won't even budge! How does this man not feel a thing?! It's like he has no heart at all! He didn't even care when I told him it was family matters! They're right. He is a child from Hell!" 

 

"Kyungsoo!" He hears his name being called as the sealed classroom door agapes. It's his best friend, Luhan, who is an advanced algebra teacher at Sangin while he is an English teacher. The hardness of Kyungsoo’s chiseled expression loosens once he sees him. "How is D.O doing?"

"D.O?" Kyungsoo questions the abbreviation with a tilt of his head, and Luhan chuckles at the sight of the shorter one who obviously has no sense of humor.

"It's your surname! Do!" Luhan explains acting like it's a big deal as he makes his way over to Kyungsoo's desk, standing across from him. He has to shuffle through the maze of desks before placing himself before his best friend. The warm smile on his face confirms how comfortable he is around this devil teacher.

"How incredibly lame," Kyungsoo comments bluntly, and Luhan just pouts at the male. "So, how's your boyfriend?" Luhan instantly covers Kyungsoo's mouth with his right hand in fully red cheeks because of what his best friend just asked. While he has an extremely flustered expression, Kyungsoo doesn't even move his face muscles. His eyes are like the sun with no shine, heat, or purpose: completely dead.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Luhan shouts in a whisper at the fatigued, calm soul standing in front of him. 

"Yet," Kyungsoo mumbles behind the brown-haired guy's hand. Luhan can feel the breath of the devil on his palm and releases his right hand with a deep sigh towards the guy. Kyungsoo never talks this comfortably to anyone but him. Even if Luhan feels special to be one of the only people able to have an easy conversation with Kyungsoo, he does wish for him to find someone he can talk to while he’s not present. But he knows how hard that is for him; Kyungsoo does overanalyze and has extreme trust issues afterall.

"So how's the teacher-life going for you?" He asks Kyungsoo who is cleaning the stacks of paper off his desk by putting them in plastic boxes. "I mean, you're the same age as the students. You should be proud you were chosen to teach at this school. This school is pretty famous for its intelligence, you know?" 

"I'm not as excited as you are. This school is full of people with a bunch of crap. Completely trying to decieve their teachers to get out of their assignments, not properly trying and not even paying respect to the people who are taking their spare time to even teach them ." Kyungsoo views dealing with students like being tortured for nothing. Teaching them is one thing, dealing is another. If they don't acknowledge him, why should he acknowledge them?

"Why view everything so negatively, D.O?" Luhan casually wraps his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Take teaching as a learning experience! You've already completed a bunch of college courses. Being taught things is already tiring. Now, you get to teach this time!"

"And I'm supposed to be excited about that?" Kyungsoo removes Luhan's arm around his shoulder with disapproval and paces out of the classroom as Luhan follows behind. Most students eye Kyungsoo imprudently as he walks down the hallway but he doesn't even look and keeps his head forward. Luhan is getting a bunch of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter