Hunhan ::07::

Ruining & Rising [coming back 2017]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sehun sits at his desk with dark circles crawling under his eyes as he stares at his laptop screen on Adobe Photoshop. Oh, right. He's a lock-in graphic designer who wears a deer head. He sits criss-crossed on his chair while stuffing his face with potato chips.

"Gah!" He grabs his head in frustration. "Mah life!" He is stumped trying to come up with a new design for his company. Suddenly hearing a loud tune coming from his laptop speakers, he realizes it is a videochat request. "Who the hell— Oh, it's Tao." He answers the video request after popping on his dear head.

"Holy !— Why are you still wearing that?!" Tao yells at his colleague/best friend while holding his chest. 

"You don't think it's cute either?" Sehun touches the nasal with his pointer finger.

"Ew! You look like you're picking its nose!" Tao shouts with a disgusted look on his face and Sehun pouts, although Tao can't see him pout. "Are you making your latest design?" He questions while scratching his head through his black, messy hair. 

"Yeah," Sehun mumbles under the mask, but Tao surprisingly can understand the guy. Sehun reaches in the plastic bag for a potato chip, but when he tries eating it, he crushes the chip on the deer head's mouth. Tao wants to literally punch the guy through his webcam for being so brainless. "I can't eat my chip," says the pitiful deer looking at himself through the webcam. He sees the crushed potato chip crumbs on his deer's mouth and feels ultimately sad from the sight.

"You are stupid," Tao comments bluntly and Sehun's jaw drops, although Tao can't see his jaw drop. "I have something to tell you." The deer head nods. "I'm not going to be a graphic designer anymore. I found a new job. I'm going to be an assisstant for the CEO of SM Entertainment," Tao explains with a light smile on his face. "So, I won't be videochatting you as often."

"Oh, I understand! I have something to tell you too!"

"What?"

"I have a boyfriend!"

Tao chokes on his spit and coughs more than 4 times. "W-What?"

"Well, a fake one. He's really nice! After I met him, I started having more friends — well, neighbor friends," Sehun continues. Tao just looks through the webcam speechlessly. 

"Sehun is in a relationship!" Tao screams happily while pumping his fists in the air like a proud best friend should. "Wearing that stupid deer head— I can't believe — my best friend—!" Tao is crying merrily like a parent who just saw their son become a man. Sehun just watches the guy through the camera like he's nuts. 

The doorbell is suddenly heard throughout the apartment and Sehun bursts off his seat. Tao hears the doorbell as well and just eyes the boy creepily.

"That's him, isn't it?" Tao asks with a freaky, teasing voice that scares the hell out of Sehun.

"I'm leaving. Have fun at your new job!" Sehun waves and slaps the laptop screen down, running out of his room in excitement. He opens the door fiercely and there stands Luhan with a smiling face. "Luhan!"

"Hey," Luhan greets, but instead of having a conversation with this guy, he grabs the deer head and starts running to his apartment. He flings the door open and rushes inside while Sehun stands there being a slow-poke and just realizes his mask is off his face. Luhan's door is slammed shut and Sehun dashes over, knocking on the door loudly with wide eyes.

"L-Luhan! Give th-that back!" He yells loudly while pounding the door. As he knocks, he hides his face back and forth with his hands because he doesn't know if people are going to come out of their apartments to shut him up. In his words, he is hiding behind his hands because people are going to see his face. "My head!" He covers his face in embarrassment with his palms and bends down to the ground. A female walks behind him with a weirded-out expression for the guy. The woman hops into the elevator pressing the buttons rapidly, thinking that doing so will make the elevator go down faster. 

Luhan opens his apartment door slowly, but doesn't see Sehun's tall figure through the gap. He then opens it fully which makes the door whack Sehun's body harshly. Sehun plunges onto the cold floor, but he still manages to hide his face.

"Oh, ! I am so sorry!" Luhan steps out and checks on Sehun who he hit strongly. "Are you okay?" Sehun uncovers his face as he groans.

"Well, th-that hurt," he quietly speaks as he lays on the ground in pain. "I'm fine." Sehun pops up on his two feet with his eyes on Luhan's pure face. "Can I have it back, please?" He pushes his hand in front of Luhan with the motive of getting his mask back, but Luhan just stares at it with a shake of his head. "Then how do I get it back?"

"Go on a date with me," Luhan utters and Sehun just bats his eyes with a stunned face, not knowing what he should do. His face is changing to different tones of reds and pinks. "P-Please," Luhan adds while looking down in embarrassment. "Um — Xiumin invited me to go to a cooking lesson tomorrow at 4 and I wanted to invite my b-boyfriend — I mean! Fake boyfriend! Well, you — so, can you?" Luhan smiles awkwardly, showing his perfect teeth, in hopes of the guy saying yes.

"O-Of course," Sehun answers, but can't help but feel disappointment that it is only because Xiumin is there and for the fake boyfriend skit they have set up. "But! You better give me my mask back when we go."

"Nope. You're going without it on!" Luhan declares with no consent and crosses his arms, turning his face to the right like a child. 

"W-W-Why?" Sehun wants to cry. He really wants to cry. 

"If you can't show your face, how are you going to get through in life?" Luhan questions the dude and Sehun gulps at the question because he has his own reasons. "You can't be shy forever!" 

 

It's not just because of shyness, Luhan.

 

Sehun awkwardly gives a begging face for the mask back.

"Please!"

"No!"

"I'll do anything—"

"Nope!"

"F-Fine." Sehun frowns cutely and Luhan blushes unexpectedly. "I'll go, b-but!"

"But what?" 

"You need to be careful around that Xiumin guy because he is going to use his broom and harm you!" Sehun yells and rushes inside his apartment like a little kid would do. Luhan is left dumbstruck with no other words, but grins naturally as he goes back inside his home. 

 

 

It is the next day and it is time for Luhan and Sehun to go to the cooking lesson. Of course, he is nervous because this is his first date with Sehun. Well, bowling with him wasn't necessarily a date to him because it was with Kyungsoo and Jongin. 

Luhan slips on one of his favorite shirts. It is a lavender collar shirt with clear buttons. He also wears his favorite dark jeans to compliment his shirt. He styles up his brown hair without a single strand out of place. Checking each angle of his face, he lightly smiles once he thinks everything is satisfying and nothing can seem wrong.

Sehun is in his apartment surfing through every corner of his drawers for the right clothes. He feels like a teenage girl on a first date. His blond hair is completely messed up and his shirt is half tucked in.

"Mah life!" He screams while ruffling his hair in frustration from being indecisive. He shuffles through piles of clothing he created and closes his eyes. Once he closes his eyes, he decides that whichever shirt he picks up will be the one he wears. Even if it is the worst possible system of choosing clothes, he gives it a shot. He grasps one and half-heartedly unseals his eyes. Viewing the shirt he picked up, he gives a cheeky smile knowing that it is the best shirt from the bunch. 

Sehun slips on a lavender t-shirt with blue jeans he had no problems choosing. It is his first time styling his hair in a while because he never goes outside without his deer head unless he needs to get groceries. He splits his hair in half and slightly spikes the right side. His cheeks are rosy from just thinking about how cute Luhan will be when he cooks during the lesson. Tugging on his shoes when he arrives at his front door, he feels his heart beat in exciteme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter