029

Love Me... Again

MinJung snapped on her thoughts when her phone vibrated inside her uniform's pocket. She looked around and realized that she was the only one left inside the classroom. She grab her phone and looked at the screen to see who was calling. The picture of D.O. showed through it and she just stared at it. The picture disappeared signalling that the caller hang up on the call. She stood up and gathered her books and bag. She went to her locker to put her books. Before she closes her locker door, a picture grabbed her her attention, it was a picture of her and D.O. when they both graduated in middle school. They were so close, both were smiling, both were happy. She sighed and was about to close her locker when a pair of hands suddenly stopped it.

 

"D.O. --" MinJung was shocked seeing him. He opened the locker again and looked at the picture.

 

"So happy back then" D.O. said causing MinJung to looked down. He looked at her and he closes the locker for her. "I told you to meet me after school. I was calling you so many times and you weren't answering my call" D.O. said with a slight annoyance.

 

"I.... I'm sorry." She simply apologize with a low voice. "Follow me!" D.O. raised his tone causing the other jumped in her place a little bit before he started walking away. She followed him, trailing behind him. She looked at his back and her thoughts came back.

 

"Kyungsoo... Call me Kyungsoo again" "Just admit it. You like the fact that I'm your first kiss" "You're my first kiss too, MinJung"

 

She shooked her head, ignoring the reality that what she was thinking awhile ago, would never happen. It was unusual for her to imagine and think that the man in walking in front of her would actually do that when she knows that she lied to him.

 

But why does he want to meet me? MinJung said inside her head.

 

"Go inside" D.O. said interrupting her thoughts once again. She looked up and to where D.O. is now standing. It was the room at the back of the building, near the garden where they former both like to spend their time when there was no class. She stepped inside the room with no further words and D.O. followed her from behind.

 

"Why did you bring me here?" MinJung asked. D.O. went straight to the window looking outside. "D.O., i am asking you" she said with a calm but rather sad voice.

 

"D.O. huh?" D.O. snorted. "So since you are MinJung now, so you are calling me D.O. now" he turned around to look at her.

 

She bit her bottom lip not knowing what to answer. "I guess... since it was really YoungMin who only calls you by your name" she sadly answered.

 

"You're right. Now that I think of it. How did you manage to keep on calling me by my name when you know you're not her" D.O. spoke with a hard tone.

 

"I...." she looked at him only to find a frown in his face. "I'm sorry" she lowly said. "I really am sorry" she apologize as she stare at the floor.

 

He sighed heavily and turned around to avoid the fact that his gaze was softening. He can't bear to see her face, portraiting a hurt and sad expression. He closed his eyes and wondering if he really haven't noticed the difference between YoungMin and MinJung.

 

"Did you bring me here to apologize to you?" she asked but not earning an answer from the other. "To be honest, I wasn't really expecting for you to talk to me personally and....... alone." Her voice portrays the sound of hurt and pain. She slowly walked towards the Piano at the center of the room and sat down on the chair. She pressed one key making D.O. widen his eyes and turned around.

 

Thinking of it, YoungMin doesn't really know how to play the piano when we were kids. D.O. thought.

 

"Tell me. Why did you join the music club?" D.O. asked suddenly walking towards MinJung. She presses another key in the piano before she answered.

 

"Because you want me to" she smiled. "I always abide with anything that you want me to" she added just staring at the piano keys.

 

"Tell me. Why? Why did you pretend MinJung? I wanted to know why ---- "

 

"I just feel like i needed to do it. You were precious to her. The day that the accident happened and she made that request, i was battling inside myself. So then when Suho and Seungsoo Oppa knew what she wanted they asked me to be her. I feel like i needed to. The look in your eyes when you hugged me that day, i realized that if you knew that it was my twin who died, i was afraid that you might not be yourself again" she explained and looked to D.O.

 

"I was really careful for you not to know the truth, but i guess i just can't hold it back any longer. Sooner or later, i know myself that you will discover it. Besides..." she shifted her body to look at the window. "... keeping it longer will just only hurt everybody, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun, Jongin and specially you"

 

"Atleast you still consider our feelings" D.O. answered. "MinJung....." he called her making sure she'd look at him.

 

"Please don't. Don't pity me. I know you are still mad, or rather hate me, but please don't pity me. I... I have been longing to explain myself to you but i just... just can't find the right time" she stood up and was headed to the door when D.O. grabbed her wrist making her halt in her steps.

 

"Write a song" D.O. whispered. "It's a demand, not a request. I know you can. Because you are MinJung and not YoungMin, and that differs you from her" D.O. tighten his hold unto her wrist.

 

"I will" she replied defeated. "Let go please..." she whispered lowly only to be heard by D.O.

 

"Before i do what you want. Answer me. I want the truth" D.O. was hesitating to ask. "Was i was with you last night?" He asked that caught MinJung off guard. "Am i?" D.O. asked once again with a firm voice.

 

"No" she lied. The tightness around her wrist loosen and she knew that he let go of his grip. "I'm going..." she said walking away from him not even looking back.

 

 

Pabo. We both know you're lying MinJung. D.O. thought to himself as he stood alone inside the empty room, with only the piano along him.